Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty ThursDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Just B.S.

Morning.

I have been so out of touch here lately. I have not been running much AT ALL. These past 3-4 weeks have been terrible on my training. I have been really stressed, and my body's reaction to stress is to have trouble falling and staying asleep. But of course, once I get to sleep and get into deep sleep I have the hardest time waking up and getting up. As a morning runner, that wrecks havoc on my running routine when I oversleep my alarm, which happens ALL. THE. TIME. lately. Then there have been allergies which have been so bad I can barely breathe. Then I got a sinus infection. Then a bad cough that lasted all last week and carried a little into this week. I am running my 10K this weekend still but unfortunately may need to adjust my goal of sub-60. My training has been so pathetic lately.

Kristin, I think no one more than myself understands what you are going thru and feeling in regard to

the stress and fatigue right now. The 7 weeks that my Aunt lived here I barely slept and was stressed

out the entire time. Plus, although I didn't talk about it at all my hubby was going thru a lot of hospital

tests at the same time and my job search continues.

There were a few days where I thought about just running away but then realized my hubby would be

stuck taking care of my Aunt.Big grin

At one point I went three days with about 6 hours of sleep in total.  I actually took an over the counter sleep

aid for the first time ever in my life, that's how desperate i was to be able to sleep. Just as we got her moved

into the home my spring allergies kicked in and I felt like crap for 3 more weeks right up until race day.

The one thing that kept me going was that (other than hubby)  I was training for a marathon and I had my

running and swimming. It kept me focused and sane. I really didn't know how I would do in that race but it

gave me something to focus on and think about and work toward, which I definitely needed. And I knew if I

didn't do well that there was always another race.

Your running will always be there for you. I have been racing for 10 years. Some times you feel great,

sometimes you feel like crap. Every race will not be a PR. But you can still show up and enjoy the day

for what it brings. If I paid attention to the people who say you should only "race" when you are  ready

to give it 100% at a race and come across the finish  line feeling like you have nothing left and are going

to puke then i would have missed out on a lot of great fun, experiences and memories with friends and

family.

What you are going thru right now will only make you stronger and more determined the next time.

Just B.S.

Sorry for the diatribe folks. Some days you do feel like crap. Like when you hear that your lifelong

friend died yesterday from pancreatic cancer and now a 10 yr old girl will grow up without her 

Dad.

But you have a good cry, pick yourself up and and be happy for what you have and what you can

do to make each day the best it can be.

For me today, that is taking my Mom out for the Mother's day lunch she missed because I was

running a marathon on Mother's Day.Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did 10 this morning and proceeding to almost passed out after the run.  I have low breathing capacity today so I hope it's just that that is not letting me breathe well.  Seeing black and almost falling down was not fun.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sorry to hear this, Beth.  My thoughts are with her family

Sorry for the diatribe folks. Some days you do feel like crap. Like when you hear that your lifelong

friend died yesterday from pancreatic cancer and now a 10 yr old girl will grow up without her 

Dad.

But you have a good cry, pick yourself up and and be happy for what you have and what you can

For me today, that is taking my Mom out for the Mother's day lunch she missed because I was

Damaris

LRB

Supp crew!

I got in 7.5 easy miles including 9 strides, wherein during the fifth stride, I startled a rabbit.  He took off the same way I was running and oh boy, I was racing a rabbit!

It was pretty much over after about two seconds but the smile on my face was so big that I am sure my head looked like one big ass tooth!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry.

Jess runs for bacon

Beth, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Kristin, yuck. Hang in there, things will get better.

Some of you may remember that I am a smoker. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the patches yesterday. Today is day number one. I've already made it farther in the dfroth an previous attempts (those were cold turkey tries). i'm surprised how crappy my lungs feel. That's already a motivator. Little things are pissing me off royally but I am trying to breathe through it. Anyway, five miles on tap today, may do it on the TM.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Some of you may remember that I am a smoker. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the patches yesterday. Today is day number one. I've already made it farther in the dfroth an previous attempts (those were cold turkey tries). i'm surprised how crappy my lungs feel. That's already a motivator. Little things are pissing me off royally but I am trying to breathe through it. Anyway, five miles on tap today, may do it on the TM.

I am so proud of you!!!

Funny story for the rest of you guys... I first met Jess at the Runner's World "Health and Fitness" expo as I was in line to get my shirts. We were messaging on Facebook trying to find each other, and she eventually found me. We said hello, and then I said "UGH, I smell cigarette smoke. This is a HEALTH AND FITNESS expo! Come on, people!" and she said "Um... that's probably me. I smoke."

I was MORTIFIED.

Jess runs for bacon

I am so proud of you!!!

Funny story for the rest of you guys... I first met Jess at the Runner's World "Health and Fitness" expo as I was in line to get my shirts. We were messaging on Facebook trying to find each other, and she eventually found me. We said hello, and then I said "UGH, I smell cigarette smoke. This is a HEALTH AND FITNESS expo! Come on, people!" and she said "Um... that's probably me. I smoke."

I was MORTIFIED.

Mwahahahaha I remember that! You shouldn't have been mortified, that's my job! Still doing great!

and, uhhh, I have a date Smile

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  So the doc thinks I have patellar tendonitis.  I start PT next Tuesday, and they will do a more thorough eval, but for the time being he was thinking 6 weeks of PT, but that I could start running again on soft, flat surfaces soon.  I will wait until my first appointment to make sure that the PT agrees.  And in the mean time, quads!  Quads!  Quads!  But nothing that's too hard on the knees, alas.  Guess it's leglifts for me.

Beth- I am so sorry.  Hugs.

Pink- Just two more weeks!  Exciting!

D- Yikes, glad you're OK!

Jess- Congratulations!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Dad.

Sad  Sometimes fast with less suffering is better though.

Hope you have a good day today.  Smile

StepbyStep-SH

Beth - I'm so sorry. My prayers are with his family and all of you who are friends.

Jess - Go! Good luck on kicking the butts!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Sorry to hear about your friend, Beth.

I am so proud of you!!!

I was MORTIFIED.

Now that's funny.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Beth: (((())))

We had dinner with my German relatives last night and I ended up having five beers. Needless to say, I missed my run. That is what I meant by life gets in the way sometimes. Today they are going to my parents' mountain place in Big Bear but they may stop by on the way back. I hope to get in an easy six today while DD is in the pool BEFORE the family comes over.  Is anyone else watching the series finale of "The Office" tonight? Enjoy the day.

B-Plus

Feel better Kristin.

Sorry to hear that Beth.

Comgrats Lilac. I still smoked when I started running, and one thing that kept me motivated to quit for good was my running improvement and the impact or perceived impact of smoking on running.

I've gained about 6 lbs in the last 1.5 weeks. Oops!

6.5 miles + core later.