Beginners and Beyond

Sticky icky, icky ThursDAILIES (Read 57 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

AFM- I did six miles in soggy soupy humid BS. It took forever, but its fun at work when people say, "I saw you running this am, dont you know its too early for that shit, BTW- how much weight have you lost?"

make today great.

Like! Big grin

Zelanie

Morning!  Planning on going to the social run later, which would be my 7th day in a row of running.  But Monday was only 1 mile, so that hardly counts.  RD tomorrow!

I've only made one social run since the knee started acting up, so I'm looking forward to it as a sign of recovery.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh I did run. Ha. 10.3.

Siar won't interfere. I have loads of routes I can do. He lives 2 tenths from my house so I don't have to alter too much.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Thursday!  Today, June 27, is National Sunglasses Day!

Which is appropriate for Texas, our heat index is going up to 105 degrees today!  One reason I got up and ran this morning.   Haven't run since Sunday, dealing with all this stomach crap.  Felt quite good this morning, however, and managed to get in 3.2 miles.  Felt like I could have gone farther, but did not want to push it after 3 days of resting and eating broth, crackers, applesauce, jello, etc., while my stomach got back to normal.   I started at 6:15 a.m. and the temperature was already in the 70s, with humidity a whopping 82% and the dewpoint already over 70.  Miami weather!  Please keep it down there, Damaris!  Joking  I sat on the bench outside the gym cooling off, and I had a nice little 'sweat--pond' building under the bench by the time I went in to take my shower.   The run also made me feel a bit better about that nodule found on my left lung...apparently it is not affecting my wind, breathing, etc.

It is going to be a nice quiet day at work today.  Just about everyone - including all the supervisors and big bosses - is at a retreat today, all day, downtown.  I was one of the few lucky ones that was not obligated to go.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Just kidding. She has to take a 30-minute lunch (instead of an hour) to make up time. 4th planned rundate and this is her 3rd cancel. And if you count the first day when she forgot her gym bag... hum. Oh well. I'm still going, but now I'll just drive to my gym and run there so I can get a real shower afterward (as opposed to a "sponge bath" with face wipes).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He is living in a tent?  Awesome.Joking

Just kidding. Hope this nutball stops.

Oh I did run. Ha. 10.3.

Siar won't interfere. I have loads of routes I can do. He lives 2 tents from my house so I don't have to alter too much.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So much for a partner....

Just kidding. She has to take a 30-minute lunch (instead of an hour) to make up time. 4th planned rundate and this is her 3rd cancel. And if you count the first day when she forgot her gym bag... hum. Oh well. I'm still going, but now I'll just drive to my gym and run there so I can get a real shower afterward (as opposed to a "sponge bath" with face wipes).

Damaris

MrNamtor

hey guys, just thought i'd stop in and say hello!

I'm having a competition with a friend to see who can get to 100 consecutive pushups first, and so far she's winning! Seriously. But we're both following a 7 week program (ha) and right now I'm in week 5. But I'm going to have to do week 5 again next week because I'm not able to fully complete the sets.

Since cutting my running back to about 20 miles a week for the past few weeks the tendonitis in my knee has improved a lot. I have the same problem as Zelanie does apparently.

My sympathy and empathy to all of you soggy hot runners today. I'm going to knock a few miles out during lunch today.

YAYpril - B-Plus

So much for a partner....

No kidding. I don't push her, either - I understand she's busy (she's a single mom of 2 young kids and her ONLY free time is her lunch break) so I always wait for her to approach me with interest. Blah.

MrNamtor

oh and in a daily from a month ago, which i just saw for some weird reason, I saw that DaveP MI took my RR pic, posted it there and referred to me as "the ho of anti-fashion".

Dave, just because i dress like the homophobic middle aged PE teacher you had in middle school doesn't mean I don't have feelings.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.  You never answered my question in your RR.  Are those running shoes?

oh and in a daily from a month ago, which i just saw for some weird reason, I saw that DaveP MI took my RR pic, posted it there and referred to me as "the ho of anti-fashion".

Dave, just because i dress like the homophobic middle aged PE teacher you had in middle school doesn't mean I don't have feelings.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

He is living in a tent?  Awesome.Joking

Just kidding. Hope this nutball stops.

tenths.  Auto correct is the pits sometimes.

Marjorie

DavePNW

Now I know why you looked familiar. Yes I am wearing my jock, stop asking.

There were a number of comments about your attire, which should be taken as complimentary. You roll out of bed & throw on a cotton t-shirt & gym shorts you find wadded up in the corner of your bedroom, lace up your black running shoes which as far as I know are Chuck Taylor hi-tops, and run a friggin' 1:43 HM. If you wanted to consider MY feelings, you would run a little slower.

Sorry I have been pretty quiet lately, I have been resting all week due to my calf/knee injury. (I am not as diligent as some others in posting in the dailies when I am not running, although obviously I am still reading.) If I am to believe the sports massage lady, the problem is my soleus muscle, rather than anything with my knee. Which I guess would be a good thing, hopefully some rest will do the trick. I may try to take it for a test drive this weekend & see how it feels.

Dave

B-Plus

I'll probably hit the track.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck with the run, Dave.  Hope the calf behaves.

Damaris