Beginners and Beyond

2015 Goals - Yep this Early Ya'll! (Read 103 times)

LRB

Swinging for the fences as I usually do, my loose goals are a 5:00 ish mile, an 18:00 5k and a 38:00 10k.

I have no idea whatsoever if I am capable of any of them, but dreaming never hurt anyone.

Absent are half marathon and marathon goals, both of which will be a result of my 5 and 10k training exploits and determined at the appropriate time. No different than before.

Mmmmm...beer

Swinging for the fences as I usually do, my loose goals are a 5:00 ish mile, an 18:00 5k and a 38:00 10k.

I have no idea whatsoever if I am capable of any of them, but dreaming never hurt anyone.

Absent are half marathon and marathon goals, both of which will be a result of my 5 and 10k training exploits and determined at the appropriate time. No different than before.

Go big or go home!   Never know until ya try, that's what I say.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Thanks to my non-running DW who determined the obvious why my 2014 running sucked, I'm running more 5Ks and 10Ks in 2015.  The goal is running a 5K or 10K race every month though July.  Then assess Fall running schedule.

So far races plan to run:

January 24th - Peachtree City 5K

February 7th - Heart and Soles 5K

February 14th - Spring Tune Up 8K

March 29th - Daffodil Dash 5K

April 18th - Singleton 10K

May - 10K TBD

June - Possum Trot 10K

July 4th - Peachtree Road Race 10K

July 18th - Decatur-Dekalb 4 Miler

August 8th - Jog Days of Summer 5K

Performance Goals:

1 Mile = 7:45

5K= 26:20

4 Mile = 36:10

8K = 45:15

10K = 56:30

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

catwhoorg

Labrat

Full year goal

3:50 or bust in the Chickamauga marathon

Training

At least 1800 miles running. 1 X 20 miler per month (Jan - October)

Biking as well, probably abut 1500 miles as cross raining, mainly earlier in the year.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Baboon

delicate flower

Don't know yet.  I have unfinished 2014 business.

I guess I can sort of update this just so I can look back on it at the end of the year.

I have no idea for race times.  I feel like I can improve by a lot, but I also could very well miss any specific goal I set for myself.  So, these are not "goals" per se, but "would be nice to haves":

• 2500 miles
            • sub 3:15 marathon (planning on running two of them, and if I do nothing else, I'll be happy if I achieve this)
            • knock a few minutes off my HM PR - I feel this is my biggest opportunity for improvement.  I only took 22 seconds off my PR in 2014, despite setting a PR twice (planing on running 5-6 HM's)
            • sub 20 5K would be cool.  I won't specifically train for it though and just hope my natural progression takes me there.

<3

outoftheblue

I think I have them sorted out.

1.  Sub 1:55 HM -- this is going to be the hardest one for me, I think.

2.  Sub 53:00 10K

3.  Sub 26:00 5K

4.  Don't burn myself out with a gazillion training cycles.

I most likely will not run a marathon in 2015, or if I do, it won't be a goal race.  I would like to do CIM in 2016 with the dream and prayer of having a shot at sub 4.  But, unless and until I can get my HM times into the the 1:50 range, I know that's not realistic.

Life is good.

LRB

I think I have them sorted out.

1.  Sub 1:55 HM -- this is going to be the hardest one for me, I think.

2.  Sub 53:00 10K

3.  Sub 26:00 5K

4.  Don't burn myself out with a gazillion training cycles.

I most likely will not run a marathon in 2015, or if I do, it won't be a goal race.  I would like to do CIM in 2016 with the dream and prayer of having a shot at sub 4.  But, unless and until I can get my HM times into the the 1:50 range, I know that's not realistic.

You may have 1:55 fitness (or better) in you now as a result of your marathon training and race.

I would like to run CIM someday.

My primary goal is to not get injured, which means listening to my body better. I would also like to get comfortable running 25 miles a week. Time goals are tricky...sub-25 min 5k, sub-2 hour HM? I'll have a better idea once I've been running consistently for a few more months.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

bluerun

Super B****

IF I can manage to stay uninjured (there's a joke)... I need to rectify this summer's marathon.

Not that it was BAD, per se, but I didn't do as well as I should have.  Because, of course, I was injured.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

outoftheblue

You may have 1:55 fitness (or better) in you now as a result of your marathon training and race.

I would like to run CIM someday.

You really should.  It's an awesome race.

Life is good.

DavePNW

1. BQ.

The end.

I am the opposite. I would like to see what I can do at 5k/10k/HM, but they will be basically on whatever fitness comes out of marathon training.

Dave

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have one goal for 2015: miles.  Injury free miles.  FFS, I deserve that much.

Running is dumb.

DavePNW

I have one goal for 2015: miles.  Injury free miles.  FFS, I deserve that much.

Yes you do. And that is my most sincere wish for everyone here.

Dave

LRB

I am the opposite. I would like to see what I can do at 5k/10k/HM, but they will be basically on whatever fitness comes out of marathon training.

If the shoe fits run in it.  

You Rang?

After coming off a lackluster/injury prone/mental meltdown 2014, my goals for 2015 are as follows:

1.   Run 2000 miles.  I'm looking to run shorter distances more frequently.  Like six miles six days a week, one 12 mile day and one rest day.

2.   Run more non-runDisney races than run Disney.

a.Walt Disney World Marathon;

b.Star Wars 5k (with spouse);

cStar Wars Half;

d.Surf City Half;

e.Zion Half;

f.The OC Half;

g.Neverland 5k (with spouse);

h.Bay to Breakers 12k;

i.Disneyland Half;

j.Chapman Univ. 5k;

k.and either:

i.The NU Hartford Half (if it lines up with my wife's knitting conference)

or

ii.Long Beach International Half or Full (not sure which.. Full Marathons hurt)

3.   Sub 2:00 HM.

4. Weigh a tenth of a ton.  Ok, it't not really running related, but since we're talking goals....

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)