Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl weekend SATURDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

While conditions may suck, they will suck for everyone.  With a race like that, I'd do it just for the memories alone knowing my performance might not be very good.  "Remember that really shitty race in the cold and snow!?"  I remember fondly the 91 degree humid HM I ran.

Exactly my thought.

LRB

Dave's thing is he's trying to set an absolute PR for training and future race pace considerations, wanting to do so under as close to ideal conditions as possible.

So for him the whole thing just stinks at the moment

moment, but the other point are valid.

LRB

I just re-read LRB's post from yesterday -- I guess I should take today off if I'm going to try that realignment.

I've never had any type of hip popping sounds or ankle kicking.  I'm wondering if my issues are more related to my glute and hamstrings.

I'm not sure an off day is a requirement, it's just what I do. But I am overly cautious with all those things so there is that.

B-Plus

Heading out with a group. It should be about 10 total, including the commute.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Dave's thing is he's trying to set an absolute PR for training and future race pace considerations, wanting to do so under as close to ideal conditions as possible.

So for him the whole thing just stinks at the moment

moment, but the other point are valid.

I understand that completely. Unfortunately outdoor races are subject to luck / timing etc.

The good news is 5Ks are relatively common.

Ric-G

11 miles this morning

- no massages here either...used to do some stick/foam rolling but have tapered off...like lrb said yesterday it's an inexact science so trial and error rules the day...that's why these boards are so useful...oh and the freedom to sound off and bitch about stuff is therapeutic too....safe travels to socal D....have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

8 miles. Temps were cold but didn't feel too bad, as it was sunny & warming up. Would have been a decent race day!

Appreciate all the comments on the 5k. LRB is right about the intended purpose - have not done a 5k since last spring, and want to get a benchmark for training paces. Missed the opportunity for time trial today, that was a good idea. Yes it will be the same for everyone, and just may be a good time or at least memorable as Baboon said. (Not to mention if enough people stay home, chance for AG bling.) And like Sly said, always a risk in winter & there will be others. In fact just got an email about a race next weekend. But of course if I plan on that, could end up in the same situation again. We'll just see how it goes. This is one of the reasons training for a spring marathon sucks.

240 miles for the month.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

after  doing the shotgun for the pelvis no need for time off unless you are sore.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

I just did the shotgun and then sticked the sore muscles in my legs.  I didn't hear and popping and I feel pretty much the same -- maybe slightly better.  But, even at their worst, the hip and back pain I've been experiencing is pretty mild.  Maybe a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Probably half the people here run with worse without complaint, but I'm a bit of  nervous nellie when it comes to these things.

Life is good.

LRB

8 miles. Temps were cold but didn't feel too bad, as it was sunny & warming up. Would have been a decent race day!

Appreciate all the comments on the 5k. LRB is right about the intended purpose - have not done a 5k since last spring, and want to get a benchmark for training paces. Missed the opportunity for time trial today, that was a good idea. Yes it will be the same for everyone, and just may be a good time or at least memorable as Baboon said. (Not to mention if enough people stay home, chance for AG bling.) And like Sly said, always a risk in winter & there will be others. In fact just got an email about a race next weekend. But of course if I plan on that, could end up in the same situation again. We'll just see how it goes. This is one of the reasons training for a spring marathon sucks.

240 miles for the month.

And, it may not snow at all. lol

FFS on the mileage. You blew my ass out of the stratosphere!

LRB

I actually thought we had one more day for January for some reason today.

Just realized we don't and I will end up .09 measly miles short of a C-note for the month, hmph.

DavePNW

And, it may not snow at all. lol

FFS on the mileage. You blew my ass out of the stratosphere!

Wait, what?

And thanks. BTW - are you planning on running (or pacing) the Kona St. Patrick's Day run? I was targeting that one for 10k.

Dave

LRB

BTW - are you planning on running (or pacing) the Kona St. Patrick's Day run? I was targeting that one for 10k.

I will be racing it provided the temps are above WTF.

DavePNW

I will be racing it provided the temps are above WTF.

5k or 10k?

Dave

Zelanie

Today's run should put me at 185 for the month- the most since September by a good margin.