Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl weekend SATURDAILIES (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

Today's run should put me at 185 for the month- the most since September by a good margin.

Nice!

On the 2nd part of that - same for me!

Dave

LRB

5k or 10k?

10.  It's two weeks before my stupid goal half so the sting will be good for me.

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - Add me to the "don't run, call your doctor" list, if you are keeping track. A blood clot is what would scare me the most given your situation and history.

Dave - I'd love to say suck it and run that race, you wuss! But I won't. Don't get hurt if the footing is bad. Part of my gut instinct saying go run it is because I feel bad that I will probably not be able to run the 5k I am supposed to run with my son two weeks from now, and I'm trying to figure out who could run it with him to help him through.

Today, met a friend who teaches deep water exercise to learn some options. About 35 minutes of that, then swam 300 yards just to practice the breathing a little more. I still choke halfway down the pool at least every other lap.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Morning, darlin' LRB! What's the movie this weekend?

I am undecided at the moment (and have been all day actually) but will be fying solo this weekend.

It'll either be The Almanac (and yummy pizza) which is a time travel flick and I am all about that despite its less than ideal reviews.

I would also like to see the first Hunger Games on DVD but have been unable to find the stupid thing at Red Box.

So we shall see. 

Little Blue

6.1 miles plus 4 walked with my friend.  Man, my feet felt like I'd just run a HM.  Tired.  I just pulled out new shoes, and I'm not sure they're laced just right yet.  My feet slide around just a little, maybe that why they feel tired, I'm gripping with my toes or something?

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.95 with 8 quick hill sprints. Wind chills are in the teens. I'm trying to warm up with some peppermint hot chocolate now.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

11 done in 1:17 - other than the slow first mile everything was damn even pacing. ( hard to work that last 3 miles to maintain )

Saw a slew of armadillo , fat raccoon and a coyote.

And and had my Phidippides Award - Gold come in (being old and running a shyteload of races in a year and USATF member)

Hip Redux

I read that as a STEW of armadillo.  

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I eat a lot of odd stuff - but possible leprosy is not something I care to venture into.

I read that as a STEW of armadillo.  

LRB

My pops used to joke about eating BBQ armadillo while stationed in Texas.

onemile

Lily, that sounds scary.  I agree with Cyberic and please take it easy.

I ran 6 miles (3.5 with Bruno). I had a car pull up alongside me so they could tell me about their GSD named Lucy who looks just like Bruno 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Lily, that sounds scary.  I agree with Cyberic and please take it easy.

I ran 6 miles (3.5 with Bruno). I had a car pull up alongside me so they could tell me about their GSD named Lucy who looks just like Bruno 

Then comes the offer of a lollipop ...

workinprogress11

Lily, another vote for discretion. Take good care of yourself!

8 easy miles before the supposed 10-14 inches of snow starts. I've got 8 scheduled for tomorrow too.  I don't wanna run it on a treadmill, waaahhh. 

onemile

Then comes the offer of a lollipop ...

Hmm. Bruno did act a bit protective and woofed at them a couple times. Maybe he was onto something...

onemile

8 easy miles before the supposed 10-14 inches of snow starts. I've got 8 scheduled for tomorrow too.  I don't wanna run it on a treadmill, waaahhh. 

I have the same problem (well 6-9 inches here) and I am supposed to run 15.  I am afraid I will end up at the indoor track.