Beginners and Beyond

Rain drops are falling on my head ThursDAILIES (Read 53 times)

Good Morning Runners  Heard the rain beating on the roof this morning as I was laying in bed. Hit the snooze a couple more times than usual but eventually got up. 7mi 8:49avg in the pouring rain. My legs are dead. Between the intervals yesterday and climbing on a roof all day the legs are not happy with me.

Looking forward to running this 5k on Saturday with DW. I will actually get to enjoy a race and watch others suffer lol.  Will postpone my LR/tempo till Sunday.

Have a great day all!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

GEHamlin

Hi JayB and all...SRD today. 10.65 miles yesterday, 8 @ MP. After 8 straight days running, I really earned this rest. Core work this am between classes, then I see the PT later. LR tomorrow; 18-20 on the schedule. Then it eases off a little into my taper.

Have a a good one all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Raining here too which means we will get flooded soon (our drainage is still full of Hurricane Irma debris).

I have Pilates and OrangeTheory tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

I'll do some Tempo/Threshold work at lunch. Details are still in the works.

delicate flower

Hello now!!  I ran a whole 3 MILES at the track before work, and threw in 10 x 100m strides to keep the legs loose.  Locals are all freaking out about possible rain for the marathon/HM Saturday and I'm all like "Rain?  That's fine."  Instead of 75 and sunny like the weather said two days ago, now it says 65, cloudy, possible rain.  Folks should be thrilled about this.

<3

I did 6 slow miles at high cadence to help with my runners knee and slight shin pain. Wore my brand new Hoka's (clifton4). The shin was almost fine and I didn't feel the knee at all until after lunch when I got up all of a sudden and thought: ouch! The Hoka's are nice but they rub on the arch a lot.

Tomorrow I will do some threshold/tempo intervals. And ice / stretch/ strenghten the muscles tonight.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello now!!  I ran a whole 3 MILES at the track before work, and threw in 10 x 100m strides to keep the legs loose.  Locals are all freaking out about possible rain for the marathon/HM Saturday and I'm all like "Rain?  That's fine."  Instead of 75 and sunny like the weather said two days ago, now it says 65, cloudy, possible rain.  Folks should be thrilled about this.

Right?  I am thrilled about the rain in Detroit.  Better than the shit in Chicago, I'd say.

Damaris

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 4 miles on the Aruba beachfront. Mostly sidewalk and some hard sand. Beautiful but holy heat and humidity. Now I see why D doesn’t run outside 😳 other than melting in the sun I felt better than I have since the marathon

zzyzx

It's Thursday and I'm at work so that means one thing: Stair day!

First I did minor lifting (long pull and seated leg sled) then I went to do the slog. Since I'm new on this forum, I'll give the routine again. 4 laps from sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-basement of the parking garage to the roof of the building I work in and back down with a couple of weird side trips because the floors are constructed weirdly on each lap. These days I say sub 43 is good sub 42 is great. My record is 40:25.

Today? 40:34. Third fastest ever and only 9 seconds off the record. I don't know where that came from.

oldfartrunner

First I did minor lifting (long pull and seated leg sled) then I went to do the slog. Since I'm new on this forum, I'll give the routine again. 4 laps from sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-basement of the parking garage to the roof of the building I work in and back down with a couple of weird side trips because the floors are constructed weirdly on each lap. These days I say sub 43 is good sub 42 is great. My record is 40:25.

Today? 40:34. Third fastest ever and only 9 seconds off the record. I don't know where that came from.

Is there a correlation between that workout and your 10K time?

oldfartrunner

Hi JayB and all...SRD today. 10.65 miles yesterday, 8 @ MP. After 8 straight days running, I really earned this rest. Core work this am between classes, then I see the PT later. LR tomorrow; 18-20 on the schedule. Then it eases off a little into my taper.

Have a a good one all!

Nice workout GEH!

LRB

That makes me exhausted just reading it. lol

How did you come up with the number of laps to do, the time it takes to do them?

GC100k

I may be a zombie.

Or maybe just lazy.

Sometimes I wear a heart rate monitor and I find that I have to work hard and concentrate to get my heartrate up into the 120s. If I zone out and just cruise, it drops into the one-teens. If I slow to a walk, it drops to under 100 almost immediately.

I wore it for a weight workout before a run. Between my initial sets of squats, my heartrate dropped into the 60s. I don't care about keeping my heartrate up while lifting, but what's wrong with me that my heartrate is so low while exercising?

Not that I really worry about it, I just read this advice about how you should slow down because everyone runs their easy runs too fast. They say get a heartrate monitor to make sure you keep your heartrate low enough. For me, getting the monitor just showed me how lazy I am.

I may be a zombie.

Or maybe just lazy.

Sometimes I wear a heart rate monitor and I find that I have to work hard and concentrate to get my heartrate up into the 120s. If I zone out and just cruise, it drops into the one-teens. If I slow to a walk, it drops to under 100 almost immediately.

I wore it for a weight workout before a run. Between my initial sets of squats, my heartrate dropped into the 60s. I don't care about keeping my heartrate up while lifting, but what's wrong with me that my heartrate is so low while exercising?

Not that I really worry about it, I just read this advice about how you should slow down because everyone runs their easy runs too fast. They say get a heartrate monitor to make sure you keep your heartrate low enough. For me, getting the monitor just showed me how lazy I am.

This is why I've never used a HRM. I already know how lazy I am.

Dave