Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins talk into the fan to hear your robot voice! (Read 200 times)

Wandering Wally

Morning all!

Got out and did 6.2 miles in the pre-dawn gloom this morning.

Scotty - Love the pic!  I had a Spuds McKenzie t-shirt when I was in college.  My mom hated it  :-D

MNMickey - (from yesterday)  Oh yes, there are Doctor Who podcasts!  Check this out for a sampling:  http://www.doctorwhopodcastalliance.org/  Enjoy!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I know I have talked into a fan, "Luke I am your father"! My wife posted a cartoon on Facebook - it was a pic of a big old school floor fan and a rock n' roll dude. The fan says, " I'm a huge metal fan" and the rocker dude says "Me too!"

lol, Gustav.  Yeah, cork pulls and wine curls, always a good exercise.  Do several sets!

Damaris, you are going to do a very sleepy six?  Good luck with that! Wink

Congrats on getting your miles in, Robert.  OK, not my cup of tea, that music gave me a headache. 

So, Dave, after all these 8-milers, just what IS your long run distance?  8.1?  Wink  What's the Daily Mile?

OK, Brenda, what is "Fat Friday" at work?  Everyone brings in lots of treats and sweets to share?

Enjoy your rest day, Kara!  Congrats on your miles last night.

Every little bit helps, Bill, congrats on the weekly mileage increase.

Way to go on the 30-mile week, Zelanie! 

Good luck with the 7 tomorrow, Jack?  Did the Hulk Hogan beard make you want to wrestle with your face?

OK, Bin, this is your fault if it gets into everyone's head today:  "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."  Big grin  Yay for new shoes!  I ordered a pair for me today, they should be here today.  My trusty ASICS Nimbus. Nice photo there, nice antlers, lol.

So sorry about the headache ERLH, hope it has resolved by now.  Good luck with your miles!

Jerry, our sun hasn't gone away, lol.  When I ran after work yesterday, it was 77 degrees! We are supposed to get a "cold" front this coming Tuesday (31 degrees for the low) and Wednesday (34 degrees for the low) but on Thursday we are back up in the 60s.  Winter is not so bad in San Antonio. Joking

Enjoy the swim and the run/walk, HsM (sorry, you will always be HsM to me).  Hey, if you don't want to sit around with a bag of ice on your knee, get some biofreeze.  Works just as well, you just rub it on and then go back to doing whatever you are doing.  The effects of the biofreeze will last about 5 - 6 hours.  Ice in a tube, how convenient!  It's sold at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc.

Well, at least you got some miles in, Jerry.  Hope your miles today went well!   As for your folks and your very younger sister, here is what I'm wondering:  did they try and file a claim at their insurance office?  Insurance agent: "So, sir, you are filing this claim to be reimbursed for the conception and resulting birth because...?"  JBlack's Dad:  "Well, it did originate in the back seat of the car and it WAS an accident..."   Wink

Congrats on the 6, Tomas.  Hey, good luck to your team tonite!  Skynard...now that's music I can listen to, yeah!  I am definitely an oldies and classic rock n roll guy, lol.  Don't really like any other stuff.   If the music is after the 80s, don't bother me with it.

Congrats on your miles, ilene!  What a great and inspiring photo!  I run at Fort Sam Houston a lot, so I see quite a few Wounded Warriors out on the track doing their thing, as Brooke Army Medical Center is one of the major treatment centers in the US for the military.  They are awesome to watch, they really do give it their all.  There is this one guy I run with on occasion, who is a double amputee, and he is STILL way faster than me.  He is always joking with me about it, saying things like "Scotty, you want to borrow one of my legs to keep up?" and so forth.   Great guy,  great positive attitude about everything, and very inspiring.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning all!

Got out and did 6.2 miles in the pre-dawn gloom this morning.

Scotty - Love the pic!  I had a Spuds McKenzie t-shirt when I was in college.  My mom hated it  :-D

MNMickey - (from yesterday)  Oh yes, there are Doctor Who podcasts!  Check this out for a sampling:  http://www.doctorwhopodcastalliance.org/  Enjoy!

Congrats on your miles!  I have one of those Spuds stuffed doggies, which sits by my television.  Love ole Spuds!  I think he annoys my cats though, lol,  I come home from work and sometimes find him pulled down from the TV shelf.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, I am also getting off early today, yay!  I get to leave work in another 20 minutes, 11 a.m. Texas time.  Eat your hearts out.  Wink

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Hey all,

5.2 miles done in 15F weather!  Now if I can just get some precipitation I would be ruling the winter running challenge (oh and if Hipfan and mucknort would move up into the correct division...)

The streak continues as I hustled out for 1.3 last night as well.

My paces are finally dropping back to pre HM paces so the next step is adding the long runs and speed workouts but not as much as when I was training.  I have a 5K coming up on New Years Day and would like to crack 25 minutes but it seems I can run somewaht quick for longer distances, but my max speed isn't all that good... Oh well

Have a happy friday all.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Gustav.   I ran 5.6 miles last night.  

I have a copy of that picture on my desk at work.

Nice job on the miles.

Running for TJ because he can't.

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Gustav, talking into that fan might be a good workout for the lungs.  I know I sure got a kick out of that when I was a kid.

Scotty, good luck on that jungle bell run tomorrow.

Zelanie, great 30 mile week!

Jblack,  good luck on getting those miles in.  And sometimes you just have to accept that you won't make your miles goal.

Bin Running  nice floater pic!

T-Rod-  I would so love to see you running/singing along.  Sounds so fun!

Brady---- Yikes@ that cold of a run.  Hope it warms up a bit for you this weekend.

NO run for me today.  Gotta do the 2+ hour drive to N. Tucson to pick up my race packet for Sunday's half.   It'll be worth it though. 

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Robert31320

Team TJ

Top o' the irish coffee to you, penguins! Anyone racing? Not me. Running today though since the hub is home.  Ran 7 at the Y last night.

Gustav- cork pulls and wine glass curls, that is my kind of workout! Also, nice work on the punnage.

Demaris- going big catches up. get some miles and some sleep, girl!

Robert- its pretty nice out today! still trying to decide if i want to do the 8k in a week on Hutchison Island. Nice jam. I think I was in college when that came out because visions of rowdiness are dancing in my head.

Dave- i'll track you down on daily mile today. its where the cool kids hang.

Brenda- enjoy that rest!

I was seriously considering that race until I figured out that is my weekend to work....

Running for TJ because he can't.

Dad on the run.

Back from my run and very happy with the results. I was going to do 3 miles under 10m/m then another 3 at whatever but I was like F it, lets see if I can do the whole run sub 10m/m. and BAM!

<tfoot> </tfoot>

Split

Time

Distance

Avg Pace

Summary 1:00:59.2 6.21 9:49
                    1 9:52.7 1.00 9:53
                    2 9:49.8 1.00 9:50
                    3 9:49.7 1.00 9:50
                    4 9:48.4 1.00 9:48
                    5 9:47.3 1.00 9:47
                    6 9:50.4 1.00 9:50
                    7 2:00.9 0.21 9:40

Pumped about these results. I think I am going to sing up for a 10k in January and shoot for sub 1 hour.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Zel/Jerry, thanks for adding me!

Kara, found you first and sent you a request.

Jack/ELRH/Scotty, my longest so far is 20 miles, once.  Tomorrow I'm doing 20 again, might do a lil more depending on how I feel.  I felt great at the end of my last/first 20 miler, but didn't want to push it too far, since it was already 3.6 miles longer than I had previously run (I'm trying to show some sort of restraint lol). 

I know it's more mileage than I need for my upcoming half, but there's this voice in my head that keeps telling me I can do more, and I keep listening. 

Scotty, Daily Mile is pretty much facebook for runners, your workouts are posted like facebook status updates and people can comment on them.  I've gotta be careful tho, I already post here, still on RWOL a lil bit, two facebook groups and now DM, might get to be a bit much. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Morning Penguins!

T-Rod-  I would so love to see you running/singing along.  Sounds so fun!

NO run for me today.  Gotta do the 2+ hour drive to N. Tucson to pick up my race packet for Sunday's half.   It'll be worth it though. 

you are safe as long as you cant hear me.....I sing horrible.

Good luck at your race this weekend.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.6 mile recovery run @ 10:00 w/dw.  Feeling great.  Looks like some cold weather running coming soon.  Hope we don't have to go inside.

Snickers1230

Got in a good 3 miles last night.  I was going to do a couple easy miles tonight, but I've had a terrible headache all day and feel super tired.  Depending on how I feel when I get home, I may just go to bed early.  I need to get some rest for my half on Sunday!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Dad on the run.

Got in a good 3 miles last night.  I was going to do a couple easy miles tonight, but I've had a terrible headache all day and feel super tired.  Depending on how I feel when I get home, I may just go to bed early.  I need to get some rest for my half on Sunday!

Sorry about the headache, I can completely understand how you are feeling, thats no fun at all. I hope its not a real serious one! Get home and get you some sleep, you will likely not get much Saturday night if you suffer from pre race jitters Smile. Make sure to get back with us with a RR after your race!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I swam my swim.  I don't know if it's because it's cloudy and a little chilly outside or if it's because today was the last day of classes, but the pool was apparently THE place to be!  Lots of college kids sort of meandering around.  Roll eyes

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.