Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins talk into the fan to hear your robot voice! (Read 200 times)

Hey Penguins, sorry I didn't post before and can't get into personals now!! I did 3.5 this morning alternating the incline, still working on my hills!! Tomorrow or Sunday I am planning a long run of 8 miles which would be a mileage PR! Probably going to end up being Sunday since we are Christmas shopping all day tomorrow! Have a great start to the weekend!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Snickers1230

Sorry about the headache, I can completely understand how you are feeling, thats no fun at all. I hope its not a real serious one! Get home and get you some sleep, you will likely not get much Saturday night if you suffer from pre race jitters Smile. Make sure to get back with us with a RR after your race!

Thanks!  That's the plan right now anyway Smile  I always try to get a good night sleep 2 nights before a race so I'm rested up some if I have a hard time sleeping the night before!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HA....Just got back from Detroit.  I stopped in Hell to work on some wedding plans. 

Now, I have to get out and run 7 miles.  Why seven?  Because that will put me at 80 miles in the last 14 days.  That's right, the streak is in tact.  I got in some miles on the old dreadmill at the hotel. 

My streak by the end of tonight:

14 days

80 miles

feeling great!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

HA....Just got back from Detroit.  I stopped in Hell to work on some wedding plans. 

Now, I have to get out and run 7 miles.  Why seven?  Because that will put me at 80 miles in the last 14 days.  That's right, the streak is in tact.  I got in some miles on the old dreadmill at the hotel. 

My streak by the end of tonight:

14 days

80 miles

feeling great!!!

Way to go man!!! How do you like the new Nike+ leaderboard they added? I think its pretty cool, unfortunetly I use a Garmin and use a website to convert my data over to Nike+ and its broken until the guy gets back from vacation and resolves the issue its having with the new Nike+ format.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning Penguins!

Gustav, talking into that fan might be a good workout for the lungs.  I know I sure got a kick out of that when I was a kid.

Scotty, good luck on that jungle bell run tomorrow.

Zelanie, great 30 mile week!

Jblack,  good luck on getting those miles in.  And sometimes you just have to accept that you won't make your miles goal.

Bin Running  nice floater pic!

T-Rod-  I would so love to see you running/singing along.  Sounds so fun!

Brady---- Yikes@ that cold of a run.  Hope it warms up a bit for you this weekend.

NO run for me today.  Gotta do the 2+ hour drive to N. Tucson to pick up my race packet for Sunday's half.   It'll be worth it though. 

SheCan, are you in Arizona?  I have a friend who lives in Phoenix.  I am going to head out that way someday and do a race out there.  I'd like to do the biggest  (as in most participants) 10K in Arizona.  Do you happen to know what that is?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

15 degrees, goodness Brady! Shocked  That'll make your falls ball off..err, your...well, you know what I mean.  If it ever gets to 15 degrees here, I'm moving!

Nice running, Jimmy! If we ever do a race together, here's the plan:  you go on ahead, I'll catch up by sunset.  Big grin

Well, Dave, I think you're ready for the half!  I better not post on Daily Mile, too many people would get hurt from laughing so hard at my mileage.

How cold is COLD for you, Jerry?  Are you in one of those REAL winter states?

Good luck with the half on Sunday (there will be Great Legs photos of you, right, with all this warm weather we're having), and hope the headaches are a no-show for you, especially on race day.

Congrats on your swim, HsM.  So did the college kids give right-of-way to the senior person there?  Joking

Good luck with your PR mileage this weekend, Kristi!

Wedding plans?  Who are you marrying now, Awood?  Wink  Dang, 80 miles in 14 days.  You better be careful, you might suddenly turn into Dave! Joking

I went to New Braunfels (about a 30 minute drive from San Antonio) to get my race packet for tomorrow; saves time, don't have to hassle with the lines that way on Race Day.   My buddy, Scott, whose company (he owns it) is doing all the race stuff (packet pick up, race timing, course, etc) told me this last week registration really shot up and there will probably be around 1,600 for the Jingle Bell 5K tomorrow, wow.  When I first did this event way back in 1994 when I first got here, it was a small event of maybe 300 people.  It has grown so much in popularity that the venue even had to be moved, that is why it is in Gruene now.  This many is great for the recipient, St. Jude's Ranch.  A lot of the credit goes to Scott, he really does a great job with advertising, getting sponsors, etc., and puts on a heckuva race.  This one goes all around scenic Gruene, Texas, and we finish back at the dance hall to all kinds of food waiting for us, and beer (Yeah!) and music, and photos with Santa if we want to get them (the kids there will love that) and door prizes, etc.  With this many people, I will probably go crazy taking photos, so my apologies in advance for what is probably going to be a long report with LOTS of photos.  I might even hit the 100 mark. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Gustav, I played the robot voice too..

Damaris, enjoy the 6..

Robert, Happy Friday.. Good job on the 5M..(round up)

Dave, enjoy your LR tmr..

Brenda, Enjoy the RD.. Fat Friday? Is it the day when everyone eat all they wanted?

Kara, Good job on the 7 at Y.. When is you next HM?

Bill, Congrats on the weekly miles increase..

Scotty, Enjoy the pics you posted yday.. Look like some sort of fairyland to me.. So beautiful are the lights.

Mel, No pressure run is a good idea.. Surprise yourself..

Jack, Take a pic before Hulk Hogan bread is gone..

ERLH, Listen to body is always good.. I swap around alot too..

Jerry, Enjoy the run.

Hope'smom, Life sound great!

Jimmy, Don't try to squeeze in too many in little days.. Take it easy..

Tomas, Good job on the 6M..

Bin: if I took a picture of it, it would never compare to yours. You know how to rock the headbands!

JBJ: I am glad to hear the IT band is better. Continue to stretch! It kills me when I hear D2's "short" runs are eight miles. I am planning for seven or eight tomorrow morning and that is now a long run for me. Like you, I am getting better, but my IT band is taking it's own sweet time.

Docket: where is the next trip taking you?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

jblack - I'm just not getting back into good terms with Nike+.  When they first updated the software was when it crashed two days in a row, and lost two of my streak runs.  Oh well, I know they happened, and technically I deleted the one run.  It said I was running 30 second miles or something crazy.  Now that it's working right again, I can see the leader board.  Until my only Nike+ friend, you, get up and going again...it just shows what I'm running.  I need to add more friends...lol 

Scotty - You've read about my fiance plenty...lol  Turn into Dave?  That would mean I could win my age division, and run sub-20 5K's.  I'm cool with that.

Well, I just got back.  It's cold and rainy.  I'll take one or the other, but not both.  So, I had to turn to the dreadmill for the second day in a row.  I knocked out 7.1 miles though.  I'm going to do my best to keep this going until January, and then slowly start to put some quality work back into the schedule.  Once I know the date of the Chi Town Half Marathon, I'll put together my training plan on a base mileage of 40 mpw.  My current PR doesn't stand a chance!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Scotty - there is a very good chance that my wife and I will be heading your way next year. Her job is opening up another building in Texas and she will have to go for a week to help train the new hires. Maybe w really can meet up and run a race.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Hey Pengs, sorry I've been a little MIA the last few days. I've had a couple of really crappy runs this week an another couple of just okay runs. I've been reading though and need to ask, who was it that mention a particular med for migraine? What I the name if the med again?

Dad on the run.

Mitch - I take Maxalt. Its prescription though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

Mitch, I take imitrex.  Also script.  Works well for me but lots of folks dont care for it.  

~~~~~~~

Traci