Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: A little of anything won't hurt you (Read 39 times)

LRB

Or is it, too much of anything will kill 'ya? 

#moderation

LRB

'Sup!

It is unusually cool here and dark here today, fall is definitely creeping up on our asses.  Be sure to stop and smell the flowers (soak it all in) these last few weeks of summer.

I have a dental appointment for a cleaning today which means I will floss for the first time since...my last cleaning appointment. 

Off to run, see ya!

Good morning.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great run.

Tuesday was a SRD because of fasting. Yesterday and tidy are URDs because, while at the supermarket Tursay afternoon, someone dropped a can on my VFF clad foot, which still hurts.

I best be OK enough to do fourteen quarter-mile repeats tomorrow and seventeen miles on Monday. I'm pissed.

Well normally early morning is a good time for me to run, because what else do I have going on in the 5-7AM time slot. But I am currently on a conference call from 6-8, then have another 8-9. And then mid-late morning I need to take my wife to the airport as she is going to Las Vegas for the weekend to visit her sister. So I will need to either take a very long lunch & run in the middle of the day, or in the evening after work. I can't remember the last time I ran not in the morning, so it will feel weird. And likely, warm. Today is ~10 w/7 at GMP, so pretty important I squeeze it in somewhere. I will keep you all posted as I'm sure you are on the edge of your seat.

Dave

delicate flower

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great run.

+1, and where the hell were you yesterday, Rick?  

Good morning, e-people!  8 easy miles last night (8:31 pace) and 7 mediumish miles this morning (7:29 pace).  I'd like to know when the heck 7:29 pace became a medium effort.  Certainly 59 degrees and a flat route helped.  I'm planning a short easy run tonight to make it a double for today.  Ya heard.  Coffee time!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates in a few minutes and 6 miles tonight.

We'll see whether I like Pilates this early.  Since I am working from home, I just woke up.  This does not bode well, ha.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I am not happy with the darker mornings - I don't like wearing a headlamp when I don't need a warm hat.

SRD for me.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

roger65

Nothing will kill us. We're invincible. 

I rarely floss, LRB. I let the dentist scold me instead. Really, who has time for that, eh? Good luck today!

Basya, ouuuch! Hopefully the pain will be gone by tomorrow!

Good luck with squeezing in your run, Dave.

Awesome run, Baboon!

Damaris, do you do your Pilates at home?

I got up early (for me), wanting to avoid the rain. but the rain still hit me in the last miles. First 3 miles @ 8:22 avg, 8 @ 7:39 and last 3 @ 8:07. It was very cool. Now time to warm up in the shower. Today will be raining all day, so we're going for a drive around the island.

Edit; I changed my name. Will find a new avatar later! 

delicate flower

Is that lily??  Looking at the paces, it could be Jay but he typically bolds the usernames.  Can't be scotty.  Could be Zelanie but the paces are a little fast for her.  Not Basya because she already posted.  So I vote lily.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  RD here today.  DD and I made it to the Caribbean, and there was a sloth sleeping in a tree right outside our cabin!  Today we have a visit to the sloth sanctuary and a horseback ride along the beach planned. Smile

LRB- Good luck at the dentist!

Basya- Ouch!  Hope the foot is feeling better soon!

DaveP- Good luck with the MP run.  I have to do mine tomorrow when I get back from the beach, and it will also be my first non-morning run in a while.

Phil- Sounds like everything is going really well for you!

D- I bet early Pilates sucks, but for the rest of the day you'll feel good.

Step- I am not looking forward to getting back north and having the summer light be gone already!  Here it's 12 hour days, every day, all year long.

roger- With a new name and no avatar, I have no idea who you are!  Sorry if it should be obvious. But nice run!

roger65

Is that lily??  Looking at the paces, it could be Jay but he typically bolds the usernames.  Can't be scotty.  Could be Zelanie but the paces are a little fast for her.  Not Basya because she already posted.  So I vote lily.

You like my new name? It's my DD's cat. She's a female and I laugh every time I call her by her name.  Question: I twisted my right ankle this morning. It burnt for about 10 minutes, then I forgot about the pain. But now, it seems to be back. What do you guys do with twisted ankles? Ice them? Stupid uneven dirt roads...

delicate flower

You like my new name? It's my DD's cat. She's a female and I laugh every time I call her by her name.  Question: I twisted my right ankle this morning. It burnt for about 10 minutes, then I forgot about the pain. But now, it seems to be back. What do you guys do with twisted ankles? Ice them? Stupid uneven dirt roads...

KITTEH!  One of our cats (the good one) is named Velocity.  I call her Asscat.  I should change my username to Asscat.

<3

B-Plus

So does that mean the happylily username is available? 8 miles with some tempo mixed in later.

StepbyStep-SH

Ice, elevation, rest. No high heels until it's healed.

You do realize, though, that you will still be Lilly to most of us? Even though we know you're really Julie.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nothing will kill us. We're invincible. 

I rarely floss, LRB. I let the dentist scold me instead. Really, who has time for that, eh? Good luck today!

Basya, ouuuch! Hopefully the pain will be gone by tomorrow!

Good luck with squeezing in your run, Dave.

Awesome run, Baboon!

Damaris, do you do your Pilates at home?

I got up early (for me), wanting to avoid the rain. but the rain still hit me in the last miles. First 3 miles @ 8:22 avg, 8 @ 7:39 and last 3 @ 8:07. It was very cool. Now time to warm up in the shower. Today will be raining all day, so we're going for a drive around the island.

I do Pilates at a studio with torture machines.  Or at least they feel like torture machines.  Ha.

Damaris