Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Same with ours earlier.  Then we got an email that all mail to DC was stopped (federal buildings) because of the President scare.  I assume these are just more people taking advantage of the panic.  I hope no alarm before I leave for the day because I need to go down 12 floors!

Hope is nothing serious!

Court house downtown is being evacuated.  No idea why yet.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wait, Oski, are you in Boston (I forgot?)  If so, I wonder if he is really in custody and they are evacuating for security reasons.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Bomb threat - bomb sniffer dogs called in.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, that's what I suspected with us this morning, so when the judge said to wait til we finished one more hearing, I almost said fuck it and ran, LOL.

There were 20 people in the courtroom and they left in 2 seconds flat.  Talk about scared.

Bomb threat - bomb sniffer dogs called in.

Damaris

Dreamn

Link http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA to some of the pictures, if anyone is interested.

That picture of Martin and his mom is just heartbreaking Cry.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

sigh there's evacuations in government buildings in DC because of suspicious mail. Worried about my boyfriend.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the suspicious mail was earlier.  All deliveries to DC offices has been stopped (I know because we got an email) so it could be a precaution rather than an emergency.  Hope he calls you soon.

sigh there's evacuations in government buildings in DC because of suspicious mail. Worried about my boyfriend.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yeah he seems to think everything is ok....I got ahold of him. I'm just on edge.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Link http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA to some of the pictures, if anyone is interested.

So the news is reporting (for whatever that's worth at this point) that the suspect was in a black jacket, grey hoody and a white cap on backwards - none of those photos appear to match.

Of course, who the eff knows.

#artbydmcbride

They will probably eventually show the pertinent photos and ask if anyone recognizes the perp.    Going from a photo to an ID is pretty hard without folks calling in tips.

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But it's a great way to find him.  He won't be like Jason Bourne master of disguises

They will probably eventually show the pertinent photos and ask if anyone recognizes the perp.    Going from a photo to an ID is pretty hard without folks calling in tips.

Damaris

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Man, I hope that no one innocent just had their face plastered on the internet because they were carrying a black bag!

Yeah, people can look at photos all they want, and forward information to the police. But crowdsourcing the justice itself if a horrible idea.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

GC100k

Going from a photo to an ID is pretty hard without folks calling in tips.

Not true. I watch TV shows and movies and the government can press a button and instantly ID the person and immediately identify if the person was spotted on any other surveillance camera anywhere in the world.

RSX

If so, I wonder if he is really in custody and they are evacuating for security reasons.

There have been all kinds of rumors flying around since it all happened. Even when CNN was backpedaling, other stations were still saying that they had someone in custody. It is amazing that all there is so much video to go through. It is probably taking a ton of time just to see what's relevant.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Although it could be easy enough if they caught him putting the bag, which is what they have said.  That's at least enough to bring him in for questioning.  Heck, any judge would sign a warrant for his arrest based on that.

There have been all kinds of rumors flying around since it all happened. Even when CNN was backpedaling, other stations were still saying that they had someone in custody. It is amazing that all there is so much video to go through. It is probably taking a ton of time just to see what's relevant.

Damaris