Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES Didn't Do It, We Swear! (Read 55 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work yesterday went down to the Riverwalk.  ABUNDANT sunshine and a temp of 78 degrees, yowza!  I had forgotten this week was "Green River' week for St. Patrick's Day,  so the river was a nice green color and there were tons of people in the area where the restaurants, shoppes, and bars are.  So I did a route along the 'quiet' parts of the Riverwalk, finishing just where the crowded part was.   Ended up with 3.7 miles and then did a cool-down walk to Mad Dog's Pub on the Riverwalk..

For luck, patted the ceramic old bull dog at the top of the steps...

Got a beer from one of these lovely wait-staff ladies....

And then sat on the patio on the sunshine enjoying a post-run cold brewski and watching the people and tour barges along the river.  Very pleasant!

Today is a rest day and then I have a 5K on Saturday and another one on Sunday.  Race numbers 17 and 18 for the year!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- Woohoo on the registration! Your weather sounds familiar … bleh! Good job on getting in the 4.01 this morning.

LRB- Sorry you’re dragging this morning, now get that coffee and lose the jacket!

Flarunner- Funny! Actually I do wake up really early (usually about 3:15 am CST) but as of late my morning runs have been on the TM at the office and by the time I’m done and showered it’s after 5. However, once we get just a bit better on the weather I’ll be hitting the road early and might just beat you to post one of these days. Big grin

KayPS- I’ll just take my coffee plain. Have a good workout over lunch – whether you lift or run.

Luke79 & Sparker1606- Have great SRDs today!

DaveP MI- We’re having that same ugly mix now so be careful out there for your 8 after work.

kristin10185- Sorry to hear your leg is acting up. Just take it easy and don’t fret about it too much.

Baboon- Spin … spin … spin. Glad to hear you’re cleared and back in the saddle again, instead of the recliner. Hopefully you can remember how to keep your balance once you get back out on the road.

Robert31320- Have a good run starting at lunch and ending whenever you get tired/done.

AmiK-Nice job on the sleep in this morning! (Me too!) Enjoy your easy 6 this afternoon!

scottydawg- Ya' snuck in on me when I was typing. Looks like a beautiful afternoon you had yesterday! Enjoy your RD today and 5ks this weekend.

Well, I woke up as usual at 3:10 this morning and momentarily thought about getting my run done outside before the wintery mix started, but then remembered that I have a conference call at work starting late this afternoon at 5pm. My morning math said – whoa that’s too much time at work and it’s going to require extra coffee boost to make it through the call. Just as quickly I decided to try to go back to sleep (rarely successful) and woke up at 6:30. Woohoo!

I’ll do an easy 5 recovery miles on the TM at the office sometime later on today before my call. I also have a 10k I’m racing tomorrow (tune-up race to assess training) but the weather is supposed to be a bit dicey so I’m not sure how “flat out” I will be running it.

Train smart ... race smarter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You are the early bird, Basya! You certainly are consistent!  Hope your about-an-hour run went well!   Good luck with training for the marathon!

34 degrees sounds like a heat wave for your area, LRB!  Hope your run went well!

Congrats on your miles, flarunner!  Yeah, I wore gloves too, yesterday for my run...in the 78 degrees, lol. I wear my gloves all the time when I run.  Stupid arthritis.  SIGH...it's hell getting old...  Wink

Pass on the Irish coffee, Kay...but some Guinness, now....which is what we San Antonio runners will be having after our St. Patrick's Day 5K tomorrow, yeah!

Enjoy the rest day, Luke and Sparker!

Good luck with the 8-ish,  DaveP.  'warming up' to the 30s, lol.   If I lived where you or Bruce or LRB lived, I'd be hibernating until Spring!

Sorry about the injury, Kay...I replied more on that to you in the Penguin thread.  Hope it resolves quickly!

Happy running, Robert, and enjoy the afternoon off of work if that happens for you.

Congrats on your PT progress, Phil!  Now don't go crazy on the spin bike and get re-injured....behave yourself!

Glad your legs feel better, Ami!  What's 'Graston'?   Hope you have a great run today!

Bruce, good luck with your run today, and your 10K tomorrow!  Hope the weather behaves for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

BruceD555

Just got this email update on the race tomorrow ... fun, fun, fun

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

This just in: I'm a fashion ho.

And in other news, cats meow.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

I've been absent for a couple of days, and I apologize. Time constraints, too many irons in the fire, all that stuff!

Scotty - I think I need to go to Mad Dog's and gain the sympathy of the lovely waiting staff!

Bruce - Winter racing??? Sounds crazy, but I'd like to hear how it works out. Smile

Phil - another important step forward, getting to ride the real spin machine. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, you'll be back out on the road.

Coffee's on for anybody still wanting a cup. I'll be heading out a little later today for about 4 easy miles. I have a 5K tomorrow, which I hope to run fairly well. It took half the last week to recover from last Saturday's race so I don't have any high hopes of setting a course record. I am pretty unsure of what pace I can sustain, but I'm going out with the intention of a small PR anyway.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Good Morning my neighbors!

I'm draining coffee with no intention to stop.  I may go on a 3 to 4 miler this afternoon depending on how I feel.  The Half is more important for me tomorrow and I feel like I'm another day of rest away from feeling better.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

Zelanie

Morning!  After work I have packet pickup for my 10 miler and then a very easy 4 miler.  Thinking of going out at 8:45 tomorrow and seeing what happens.  There is a bridge in mile 1 and 10 though, yikes!  And a smaller one mid-course that you also cross twice.  It's supposed to be about 44 and maybe raining at the start.  Maybe shorts and a medium-weight LS?  I never know how to dress for these things!

Yikes, Bruce, be careful tomorrow!

Ball of Fury

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!  Scott, Graston is a technique in which a certified provider uses a metal tool to basically break up adhesions in an injured area.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Hip Redux

Morning!  After work I have packet pickup for my 10 miler and then a very easy 4 miler.  Thinking of going out at 8:45 tomorrow and seeing what happens.  There is a bridge in mile 1 and 10 though, yikes!  And a smaller one mid-course that you also cross twice.  It's supposed to be about 44 and maybe raining at the start.  Maybe shorts and a medium-weight LS?  I never know how to dress for these things!

Yikes, Bruce, be careful tomorrow!

44 and raining can feel colder than 44 and not raining, for sure - I would probably have gloves, too, in addition to the shorts and long T.

Bruce - well, if that isn't omninous sounding lol

LRB - no one is surprised that you are a ho.  Big grin

Up all night with a sick pooch.  So exhausted.  No amount of caffeine will get me through this day.

Hip Redux

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!  Scott, Graston is a technique in which a certified provider uses a metal tool to basically break up adhesions in an injured area.

OR an uncertified person using lotion and a spoon on themselves.

Not that I know anything about that...

DavePNW

44 and raining can feel colder than 44 and not raining, for sure - I would probably have gloves, too, in addition to the shorts and long T.

And if indeed raining, a hat with a bill.

Dave

LRB

Got 6 easy miles w/ eight-35 second strides at around 5k pace done.

It was 34 degrees when I got out there and I wore a long sleeve top and loose running pants, and gloves of course.

Honestly, if I could run in these temps for the rest of my days I would grow old and die happy!  Granted, it is a tad bit nippy yet at the start, but after the half mile point and for the duration of the run, the cool breeze is just what you need when the body temps start to climb.

For temps of 38-42 degrees, I wear shorts and either a long sleeve, short sleeve, or singlet (or tank top for Awood) depending on my mood and length of run and love life.

As it is though, I am going to enjoy the brief period of sub-40 degree weather because it won't be long before the mercury explodes and we will all be miserable the other way!

outoftheblue

4.1 easy miles done for me.  My calves are feeling pretty beat up from hills and speed work over the last week, so I think I need to take the next couple of days very, very easy.

Happy running everyone1

Life is good.

Ric-G

basya - congrats on going for it at baystate

LRB - nice mix of pace

Flarun - sounds like we did the same 5

kristin - heal up!

scotty - good luck with the 5k

bruce - good luck with your 10k...esp with that forecast.

runtom - have a great 5k

shirfan - nice pic from yesterday

5 easy this AM...have a great weekend everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16