What an adventure Step!

Nice work on the PR Bruce!

Long Johns Oski?

Good call pae!

DavePNW

Scotty, nicely done as always

B-Plus, congrats on the PR!

Oski, that friggin' groundhog is a lying sack of sh!t

Step, 3 hrs on the treadmill? I'd rather do 3 hrs in a dentist's chair. Truly impressive.

Pae, you can't change the weather, but you can show it who's boss...

...Bruce, as you demonstrated in dramatic fashion. Well done on the PR!

Did my yoga today, plan is a ~14 mile LR tomorrow. But we still have a bunch of crap on the ground, and it is going to be in the 20's. So I will have to take inspiration from all today's nasty weather runners & racers.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Bruce - To PR in that is impressive. I would say that 44Tight lippedx goal is easily yours in better conditions. Bravo!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Great job Bruce.

Here is my mini-RR. I doubt I won any AG awards, since I was 84th place lol. There were 8 sub-15 and 27 sub-16.

Zelanie

B-Plus- 84th place with a sub-19 5K?  Holy cow!  Good run today!

BruceD555

Flarunner- Well, I didn’t get my miles in before you but at least I beat you on posting in the Dailies. Hope you enjoy the remainder of your day and that weather holds for you!!

kristin10185- Good job on the “big picture” thinking today on the skipped run. It’s far better to ease things up instead of ending up sitting on the sidelines for weeks due to an injury.

Baboon- Have a good spin later on & a great weekend.

Sparker1606- Watch out … those kickboxing ladies are dangerous! It sounds like you’ve got a full day ahead of you so I hope you can squeeze in those 5 miles later on today.

billd76- Snow is evil. Wink Glad you had a good run today anyway.

DaveP MI- Good job on getting in your 9 before the newest snow. Thanks for the comments on the race and I look forward to hearing how that LR goes tomorrow.

LRB-  Wise man! It takes real effort to call a run short – sounds like you made the right choice. Maybe you should change the name of that workout so you don’t have to cancel it a 3rd time. Wink

RunTomRun- Congratulations on the new PR today Tom and with an AG place to boot!! Woohoo! Enjoy that nap … BTW, that sounds like a good idea for my afternoon as well.

B-Plus- That was an awesome race you ran and a wise choice to let the blonde go at the start. I really have to focus on ignoring those around me or I’ll get caught up in the “race to the first mile mark and die the rest of the way” game. It sounds like there were some speedsters out there based on those 35 sub 16s … yikes!

Luke79- Very nice job on the miles today along the trail/bike path. I’d have been tempted to bandit a portion of that and make it a tempo run.

AprilRunner- Awesome 12 miles you did today and kudos on the strong last mile! You can also experiment with different brands of gels … I find Cliff to be thinner and they don’t require the “chewing” that Gu do.

AmiK- You did a nice job of showing discipline on that 12 mile run today. Kudos on a nice steady pace regardless of the terrain and winds.

MarjorieAnn3137- You really are a double-digit machine!

Outoftheblue- Enjoy your mystery run, whatever the distance.

Ric-G- Good job on the 12 miler and thanks for the comments on the race.

Scottydawg- You are a racing machine! If I ever make it to San Antonio, I will definitely plan on brining my running shoes and finding a 5k to meet you. Nice photo race report … as usual!

Docket_Rocket- No offense, but I’m so glad I’m not you right now. I despise crowds.

SUSchnauzer- Nice job on building mileage for your marathon training and enjoy your SRD today. When/if you decide to add a day, you might want to consider adding a very easy recovery run on Monday. I find that it really refreshes my legs after Sunday’s long run AND makes my weekly workouts better.

So_Im_a_Runner- I posted in your RR, but congratulations again on the great race. I guess they were limited because they only had the one road closed for the race but that was a real pain. The worst thing about it was the big 7% grade sign on the side of the road to make sure you knew the hill was there.  (Another thing that I forgot to mention was that they added a 15k race too and started that one 10 minutes before the 10k … so we had to dodge extra people already on the course)

Robert31320- Enjoy your long run tomorrow morning.

Oski- It’s like the movie Groundhog Day … over and over and over again it’s snowing and cold. I’m gonna kill that rodent.

StepbyStep-SH- WOW! You get Iron-Lady award today for toughing out 18 miles on the treadmill. I hope you can still sneak in a little nap before your date night. Thanks for the kind words on the race and I do hope I get another chance on a “favorable” 10k course.

Pae-Good job on the 4.15 miles today after yesterday’s MP run.  I’ve given up in trying to move runs around based on the weather. I just figure it’ll hopefully even out some day and I’ll be able to run in 50 degrees with no wind. (Yeah, like that’s going to happen … )

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Here is my mini-RR. I doubt I won any AG awards, since I was 84th place lol. There were 8 sub-15 and 27 sub-16.

That field was insanely fast!

Along with the things you mentioned, being bottled up probably didn't help you either.  Still, that is a great effort after such a long time away from racing!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Great running, people!

Shari, 18 miles on the treadmill? Holy cannoli. You're incredible. Great job getting it done.

Bruce, congrats on the PR!! I think I've tried the Clif shots before. My HM is providing Powergels, which I've also had before (and they're super runny too) so I might just grab one on the course if I feel so inclined.

B-Plus, great race today, truly. I would LOVE for a 2-hour HM but I don't think it'll be this one. Maybe next year. Smile My goal is 2:05-2:08ish (PR is 2:13 from the same race last year). McMillan predicts 2:08 based on my 10k time back in February. I'm running another 10k on April 6, but it's flat (my HM is hilly) so I'll have to take that result with a grain of salt.

Rondog65

Hello All,

Shari – Sorry to hear about the ice drama, pretty impressive on the TM, have fun on your date tonight w/ DH.

Tom – Congrats on your PR for the 5K

April – good luck with the 12

LRB – Keep the faith spring is coming.

April – Good job with the 12 miles, I elected to use 1 gel for my half as I am not experienced and learning myself.

Ami – Good job with your training run, I would take your pace numbers anytime.

Fuzzy – enjoy your trip hopefully you can do some sight seeing while running.

Scotty – You are just a rabid dog out there with your races.

Bruce – Congrats on your PR for the 10K.

Zelanie – a sub 19 for a 5K deserves a better grade than B+

I had a nice long run of 8.1 miles, efficient quality run with a modified route to mix it up a litte, a few more hills.  Training is going well.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, I just noticed our PR's....wow.  It's too bad we don't live close to each other lol.

We've got some pretty similar numbers, don't we.... Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Hey everyone!

i haven't been on in a while - not in a good state of mind since I have noe been able to run with this ITBS. BUT I figured out today that I am pretty sure my NB 1260s were aggravating the shit out of it, so I went to an LRS (I'm in VA Beach right now) to try another pair of shoes. I know not to try something new on race day, but it was becoming clear the shoes were making it 100 times worse, so I figured I'd risk it. After trying about 8 pairs, I went witht the Lunarglides. Never would have thought to try them. I am feeling really positive because the pain (just wearing the NBs and walking around set it off for hours) seemed to resolve by just putting the lunarglides on.

Not the color I would pick, but they will match my outfit tomorrow!  Please keep your fingerme crossed for me, I really don't want a pain filled repeat of Disney Princess.

And if any Shamrockers are reading this, let me know! I want to meet some of you!

LRB

i haven't been on in a while - not in a good state of mind since I have noe been able to run with this ITBS. BUT I figured out today that I am pretty sure my NB 1260s were aggravating the shit out of it, so I went to an LRS (I'm in VA Beach right now) to try another pair of shoes. I know not to try something new on race day, but it was becoming clear the shoes were making it 100 times worse, so I figured I'd risk it. After trying about 8 pairs, I went witht the Lunarglides. Never would have thought to try them. I am feeling really positive because the pain (just wearing the NBs and walking around set it off for hours) seemed to resolve by just putting the lunarglides on.

Welcome back!  I wondered if you were okay.

A year ago, I went from ITB hell, to Lunarglide 3 heaven.  I have now upgraded to the Lunarglide 4, and I have been wearing green Superfeet the entire time.  Superfeet may seem expensive, and may take some getting used to, but for my money, they are well worth the peace of mind.

Good luck and keep in touch!

Jess runs for bacon

Welcome back!  I wondered if you were okay.

A year ago, I went from ITB hell, to Lunarglide 3 heaven.  I have now upgraded to the Lunarglide 4, and I have been wearing green Superfeet the entire time.  Superfeet may seem expensive, and may take some getting used to, but for my money, they are well worth the peace of mind.

Good luck and keep in touch!

That's good to hear!! Nothing seems to be helping. I've only run once since Dis (2/24) and April can tel you how that went. But just after wearing the lunars for an hour the pain is straight up gone. I will have to check out the super feet Smile

LRB

That's good to hear!! Nothing seems to be helping. I've only run once since Dis (2/24) and April can tel you how that went. But just after wearing the lunars for an hour the pain is straight up gone. I will have to check out the super feet Smile

You may not need them.  Lunarglides are designed to correct overpronation and high arches on their own, I am just one of those overly cautious people when it comes to running injuries!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Busy day today, up early to get to the Shamrock 8k, wife and oldest ran that one, then later our youngest ran the Leprechaun Dash.  Had a lot of fun.

Did 2.5 miles w/ strides after we got back home, 7:06/mile average pace.  Legs are strong and ready for tomorrow. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!