Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies don't care about weather! (Read 42 times)

SIAR, terrific ten-miler.

Lily, have a pleasant seven-miler.

Phil, have fun outdoors.

DaveP MI, terrific ten.

scottydawg, have fun on the hills.

Damaris, feel well and have a great recovery run. Boo the insuranceSad

FreeSoul87, sweet 7.4.

Shari, brava on the six.

Nicole, have fun with the group.

Zelanie, great speedwork.

Andrew, bravo on the seven.

Rick, awesome seven.

Ric-G, have an amazing post-work run.

Marjorie, terrific 10.5.

Yugo8, fantastic five.

17.0 pre-sunrise miles in 3:00:03. 10:36 pace. No food beforehand, just coffee and water. I alternated drinking water and a crappy blueberry-pomegranate coconut-water beverage during the run. Ab work and push-ups later.

LRB

LRB, I just finished my 7 miles, after eating a huge plate of the Indian leftovers from last night. If I am what I eat, right now, I'm a big sweaty, curry smelling, mess. Sorry to turn you off like that. 

As long as you like it I am cool with it, I just would not eat it.  You know me; to each their own.

LRB

17.0 pre-sunrise miles in 3:00:03. 10:36 pace. No food beforehand, just coffee and water.

You carry a big sack!

happylily

Basya, you totally rock, woman! WTG!

LRB, you're so serious all the time.  Don't worry, I won't force it on you. I'm not trying to make a convert out of you. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LRB, you're so serious all the time.  Don't worry, I won't force it on you. I'm not trying to make a convert out of you. 

Not serious, I just have a rule of not barfing on a lady.  lol

happylily

Not serious, I just have a rule of not barfing on a lady.  lol

LOL... How nice of you. 

outoftheblue

Got in my first day of real speed work in quite some time today  8 miles with 3.25 in the middle at GHM pace - 10 seconds.    Whew, I'd been missing that lately, as I've been babying my foot in light of some heel pain.  My foot felt fine during the run, but the real test will come when I swing my legs over the bed tomorrow morning and take that first step.

Life is good.

LRB

LOL... How nice of you. 

How is this; when I run Toronto you can take me to one of those places and I will give it another shot.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I was just called a slut... Where's the administrator of this place?

Ahem.... 

I never had time to run today.  Had a massage and stretches (and he loves taping, so I got taped for the race) and had time for 4, so 4 it was.

Damaris

happylily

How is this; when I run Toronto you can take me to one of those places and I will give it another shot.

I would say deal, but what if you can't help yourself and you barf on me? It's safer to let you choose a place that serves feed you can actually keep down. Toronto is not Montreal, unfortunately, but I'm sure they have a few decent places there. 

Linda, that run was a good sign for you! I really hope your foot behaves tomorrow. What kind of heel pain is it? Not PF I hope. I hate those 2 letters with a passion. When is your next race?

Yugo18

LRB, I just finished my 7 miles, after eating a huge plate of the Indian leftovers from last night. If I am what I eat, right now, I'm a big sweaty, curry smelling, mess. Sorry to turn you off like that. 

Shari, do you get a sore back from doing other workouts? I am always afraid of that. I really don't know how you can go from running to gym class. You have way more energy than I do!

Scotty, I have fat where women usually DO NOT want fat. Well, women of my generation anyway... Apparently, nowadays, it's in to have fat there.  Anyway, remind me to give you a big hug on Feb, 10th for all your kindness. :-)

Yugo, which part of the US are you from? I'm sorry if you mentioned it before, I must have missed it.

I currently live in Atlanta but I was born/ raised in southern Europe.  

I just saw below in the thread you are in Montreal?  It's a wonderful city - I really enjoyed visiting it!

LRB

It is 20 degrees now, and the temps will literally increase a degree an hour all night, overnight and into tomorrow until the high of 36 or so is reached.

At 36 degrees, I may fire up the BBQ pit!

DavePNW

Very vague...perhaps a place formerly named similarly to your user name?

Dave

outoftheblue

I would say deal, but what if you can't help yourself and you barf on me? It's safer to let you choose a place that serves feed you can actually keep down. Toronto is not Montreal, unfortunately, but I'm sure they have a few decent places there. 

Linda, that run was a good sign for you! I really hope your foot behaves tomorrow. What kind of heel pain is it? Not PF I hope. I hate those 2 letters with a passion. When is your next race?

Thanks Lily -- I don't think its PF (been there and done that), but rather some mild tendonitis where my peroneal tendon attaches to the bottom of my foot near the heel.  I've had this flare up a few times over the years and find that taking it easy for week or so usually gets it to calm done.  

I'm trying to get thru a Pfitz plan for a goal HM on March 23 that is going to push my limits pretty good.  If this foot continues to give me problems, I'm going to have to tone it down a fair amount, and pick another goal race later in the season.

Life is good.

happylily

I just saw below in the thread you are in Montreal?  It's a wonderful city - I really enjoyed visiting it!

Ha! Yugo... I bet I know which part of Europe you are from.  I love Europe, I lived in France for a year. I saw a documentary last night on the Adriatic Sea. It is so beautiful! Croatia wants to drill for oil. Sad... All those beautiful dolphins will be affected, among other beings there. Now that I think of it, your English is always so perfect, I would never have guessed you were raised in another country/language. I'm French-Canadian, English is a secondary language to me. So please do not mind my mistakes. I'm also the resident clown, just ignore that.