Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Sometimes you just have to tell them what you really think (Read 53 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rick, my husband would enjoy that....he's a masochist. Dumbass forgets that it is harder to get up from a sitting position when in water. I will remember to never rely on anybody else over the safety of my son.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Inspection by the other insurance all done.  I get to take my new car to the GEICO place tomorrow to get it fixed.  I cannot wait.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yesterday afternoon Dorian and I ran 2.5 with Jumpstart - 90 degrees feeling like 95 with no clouds.... my head was on fire but I ran it in 24:42, pushing a stroller (yay me). Then we took Dorian swimming again, where he experienced going under the water because of my stupid DH who is overly comfortable with Dorian learning on his own, luckily Dorian's instincts were spot on and he held his breath. Sadly, he already feels like the kiddie pool is too small for him and has his eyes set on the larger section... can't this boy just slow down damn it!?

Didn't get much sleep last night, but I got 7.1 miles in anyways - 75 degrees, 83% humidity and no wind.... and I think I was a little dehydrated....

He's not stupid..that's where all the bikini ladies are! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning. I had a 5 mile Tempo run scheduled, but that didn't happen. I slept through my alarm more than once. I ended up with a 3 mile Easy run. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

I guess we can call this babywatch day 1. DW had terrible back pain yesterday. I needed to skip going to the grocery store and come straight home, so I could watch DD right away. DW had to sit on the couch, but then it became hard to even sit there.

Andrew, have her doc check her for possible kidney stones.  My dad had those and went through what you described for your wife above.  Might be wise for her to get checked and rule that out, cuz if she does have them and does not do anything about it, it's only going to get worse.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Andrew, have her doc check her for possible kidney stones.  My dad had those and went through what you described for your wife above.  Might be wise for her to get checked and rule that out, cuz if she does have them and does not do anything about it, it's only going to get worse.

We shall see if it's still a problem after she gives birth, Scotty. Smile

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

From DaveP:  Well I would certainly enjoy an FE with Zel, but it is a tough sell on a family vacation to tell DW that I want to arrange to meet a woman from the interwebz. "Oh and by the way, I need to take a picture of her legs."

Yeah, my DW would not go along with that, to put it mildly.

Jeez, you two need to train them better.    I tell my wife all the time I'm going out to chase Great Legs - and I used to travel to Beach to Beacon 10K in Maine for several years and would always get a photo of me with the Runners World Forum Ladies and their great legs - and Gail will just roll her eyes in pity - pity for the ladies, of course, having to deal with me!   She was a runner herself before she started having some hip problems  and she knew most of the ladies I had FEs with, as she would come to the FE herself at times. She always told them they do have  her permission for SLAP AUTHORITY over me - in other words, give me a good smack - if I misbehave.     Then she'd laugh and say 'Have fun!'  Cuz she knows I love HER and HER legs the very best and she also knows I always use the 'art gallery' rule too for any Great Legs  I may meet..."look but don't touch!"    I may  be a voyeur, but I'm a polite one. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I managed to hold a staff meeting today without the staff complaining and yelling about everything.  Things are looking up for me today!

Well, except my front yard.  Things are not looking up for my front yard.

Oh..I thought that was the hole you had for any staff that do complain!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Those Kelvin ones will get you.

No kidding...my urologist had me doing those after my vasectomy.  Ouch ouch ouch!

Oh wait...I think those were kegels....never mind...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No kidding...my urologist had me doing those after my vasectomy.  Ouch ouch ouch!

Oh wait...I think those were kegels....never mind...

You are on a roll today, Scotty.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You are on a roll today, Scotty.

I'm always on a roll...my fat-roll butt is what I sit on...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, there weren't any, the indoor pool is pretty empty during the summer because everyone is at the outdoor pools.

He's not stupid..that's where all the bikini ladies are! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I may  be a voyeur, but I'm a polite one. 

Ummm...yeahhh...I don't think explaining it this way to my wife would make it any better.

Dave

LRB

You're doing what you're supposed to do Dave, Scotty is a dog don't listen to him.  lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You're doing what you're supposed to do Dave, Scotty is a dog don't listen to him.  lol

lol.

LRB

lol.

A good dog of course! 

I am finally in after one of the longest days ever.  I drank three pints of  Labatt Blue from the tap while out with the crew and please spare me line about how Labatt taste like water.  If that is true then it is some good ass water.