Beginners and Beyond

Reluctant DAILIES (Read 37 times)

outoftheblue

Kristin -- thanks for the update.  All in all, that's great news.  I hope her memory returns and she makes a full recovery.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Apparently Asics no longer make my shoes (as usual).  The GT-2000 are no longer being made, but they promise the new GT-2000 2 are just as good if not the same......... I was fooled once damn it, I don't want to be fooled again Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Have you been stalking me?  

I thought you were stalking me.  (No martial arts for me though.) Yeah I noticed you've been doing the same. Since I started running 6 days, my yoga has been cut back to 1. So instead of doing it on my non-running day, I started combining it with a run, so my non-running day is a true RD. There's a method there somewhere.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Run complete.  7 miles at 8:38 pace on a hilly route.  Easy effort.  Felt good to get off the damn treadmill.  Still some ice and snow to dodge and I'm not willing to run that route during my normal daily running time (evening rush hour) until the snow melts.  No traffic on a Sunday afternoon.

<3

Yugo18

Hello and happy Sunday to all.  I find I really like it when I hit my mileage goal and then run a very short, fast run on Sunday.  Smile  Only 4, short and fast, miles for me.  Excellent!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jay- she seems to like him fine, she told him she loved him Smile. She remembers him, just doesn't know they're married.... they dated for several years before getting married, and she remembers having lived in San Francisco with him, which they lived for 3 years....a few months before they were engaged, during engagement and their first year or so of marriage (which is how they are tracing her memory loss to approximately 2 years, since she doesn't remember the wedding but does remember SF)...so hopefully she still thinks she made a good choice!!

3.2 outside. It was slow and I felt in bad need of a good foam roller session after. But it was nice to get outside before more snow comes this evening.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Been MIA, was visiting my brother for the last few days.

Kristin, glad to hear she's doing better, but not to hear about the memory loss, hopefully it will come back.  Where they able to operate? (sorry if you've already posted that info, missed the last few days of dailies).

Got a great picture from my recent 15 mile race, it's even a floater.  This is towards the end of the race, I somehow managed to look better than I was feeling. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Dude, that's some serious calf to thigh ratio you got going there bro.  You could probably kick a donkey and leave a foot print mark branded on his ass!

Hip Redux

That's an awesome pic, Dave!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

SRD for me, I just got home from work, visiting the parents, errands, etc, etc, etc...I'm ready for some wine, some olympics, and some Downton.

Kristin - so glad your CIL is doing better and I hope the memory loss reverses.

Dave - Nice pic!

LRB

I'm ready for some wine....

Be still my beating heart! 

Mmmmm...beer

Dude, that's some serious calf to thigh ratio you got going there bro.  You could probably kick a donkey and leave a foot print mark branded on his ass!

I was joking with my wife that this pic makes my calf look bigger than my thigh, and while I do have big calves (17"), my thighs are still bigger (24"). Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Dave that is an AWESOME picture!!!They have not done the operation yet. It was scheduled for Friday, but as they were prepping her for surgery her BP tanked. They could not get her stats stabilized all day Friday, and determined her heart was still weak and surgery was too risky) so they had to delay it til she was stronger. The fact that 24 hours later she was awake and off life support is a HUGE improvement, and hopefully surgery will be tomorrow or Tuesday.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

I was joking with my wife that this pic makes my calf look bigger than my thigh, and while I do have big calves (17"), my thighs are still bigger (24"). Smile

I understand, it is all in the timing of the camera.  There was a series of shots of me passing the race photographer once where my thigh went from shredded beef to a big fat blob of lard.  lol

You have come a long way though, you are cut up like a mofo!

Baboon

delicate flower

Dave's shirt is untucked.  Good man.  That's how it's done.

<3