Beginners and Beyond

In the DAILIES we trust (Read 37 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup!

Man I overslept like a mutha fucka!  Words you rarely hear from me as I tend to under-sleep 10 days out of 10!

Not sure where I am going to run, or if I am at all....probably will though as it is supposed to be really cool outside.  I just need to get undiscombobulated!

Coffee, is that you?

LRB

Man I overslept like a mutha fucka!

I had time to start the dailies though. 

Priorities man. 

I am headed to work to run, peace! 

delicate flower

Happy Thursday, I tell ya whut.  As for me, I ran 8 miles yesterday afternoon...you know, when the day is its warmest.  85 degrees with 68 dew point.  Kind of sloppy conditions.  A good 8:21 pace though at a not-too-hard, not-too-easy effort.  The bugs were driving me nuts though and caused me to run the last two miles much harder than I probably would have otherwise.  7-8 easy miles on the schedule after work today.  Heavy rain in the afternoon forecast, so it may be a treadmill day.

Aaaaaanyway, with the Philly Marathon being 11/23, an 18 week training plan would mean I'm supposed to start training in two weeks.  God dammit, I just ran a marathon!  Heh.

Grip it and rip it, people.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Apparently I woke up in Miami this morning, 73* dewpoint at 5am, wtf chuck?  Oh well, git 'er done.  7 miles done.  Hit 183lbs this morning, back down to my all time low, and I'm normal again!  BMI that is, certainly not mentally. lol  170s are right around the corner.  I feel like I'm in a good groove now.

Have a great run Rick!

Phil, bad news, your math sucks, good news, you have 3 weeks till you need to start training.   (I only know this because my training starts in two weeks and my marathon is 11/15).

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Morning ladies and gents!

I too slept long and well, but I need a new pillow, or a new mattress, or both. I have been waking up with a sore neck and a sore back for the last 6 months. I hate shopping for things like that. I have no clue what to buy and these things cost a fortune.

Rick, regarding your weight from yesterday's dailies, that's exactly how I am too. I'll go up and down by 2 or 3 lbs. But even if I gained 10-15 lbs for some reason, I'd be ok with that (I think). That's because I'm a way too skinny -insert whatever word you want here-.  When I retire from sports, I'll get my curves back. Of course, I'll probably be 85 years old at that time. Have a great run in the cool weather and thanks for starting the dailies! Oh and haha at the thread's title. I'd let you pay cash, my friend... (is it me or it sounds weird?)

Baboon, what do you mean you just ran a marathon? That was ages ago, in May! You've had an eternity to recover from the thing. Now get your ass back on the training train!

10 easy miles for me tonight. Beautiful day here.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Morning Dave! If you lose more weight, does it mean you will get even faster?  

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!  68 degree dewpoint this AM and I ended up cutting my workout short because of it.

4x200

2x1 mile at T pace

4x200

turned into:

4x200

1x1 mile at T pace

1x .6mile at T pace

+ some easy running to get myself home.  6 miles total (was supposed to be 8) and I may tack on a couple this afternoon when the dewpoint is lower.

On another note, I got to hear Dr. Jack Daniels himself speak last night about marathon training!  There is a Run SMART project group locally that is about to kick off training for the NYCM, so he came to the kickoff and talked for about half an hour and answered a few questions.  He has a great sense of humor and is quite a storyteller.

Most of what he spoke about was stuff I'd already read in his books, but he did address the long run issue in an interesting way.  He caps the long run for his runners at around 2.5 hours, but for slower runners (who are maybe getting only 12-15 miles in that time) he suggests doing back-to-back longer runs-- one Saturday night and one Sunday morning.  This keeps the length of each individual run shorter, but you don't really have a chance to refill your glycogen stores between one run and the next, so you do get closer to a glycogen-depleted state, which is useful in marathon preparation.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mmmmm...beer

Morning Dave! If you lose more weight, does it mean you will get even faster?  

That's what I'm hoping! Smile

I was 195lbs for my 3:14 at Shamrock.  Daniels says that if I'm 170lbs at Richmond (which is what I'm shooting for), I should be good for a sub-3 with the same fitness (Spreadsheet says 2:53, not sure how much faith I'd put in that, altho 25lbs is a fair amount of weight).  Of course I'm also aiming to improve my fitness with a solid training cycle.  So far my base building has been going really well, even with a week off for a sprained ankle.  So 10 weeks of base building (should have been 11, stupid ankle lol) and 18 weeks of Pfitz, with 25lbs of weight loss and we'll see what happens.  Then all I have to do is hope for decent conditions on race day.  Smile

I have a half and 10k in Oct that I'll be using to gauge my fitness and see if the weight loss pays off.  There's also a 5k next month, but it's in the evening, so I'm not hoping for anything crazy, although it would be nice to back up my sub-19, especially in the heat.

-Dave

My running blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Five Guys is kicking my butt!  Hearings today and I had to read 150 pages to be ready for it.  Anyway, 9 miles this morning, but I will try to run to and Pilates tonight to complete my miles for the day.  This case is wrecking my running schedule, ha.

Damaris

LRB

Oh and haha at the thread's title. I'd let you pay cash, my friend... (is it me or it sounds weird?)

Helloooo mama! 

Thanks for sharing that info on the long run for slower runners Meaghan!  I will be sure to explain that to some of the peeps in my running group.

Boon is it necessary for you to train for 18 weeks?

D2 my dew point was 54 this morning....oh my God did I just say that?! 

lily I try not to stress too much over that 4 LB window and as long as my trousers are fitting I have no reason to.

D2 I was 196 at Detroit in 2012, if I ever make it back to that starting corral watch the fuck out! 

Good morning Damaris, I referenced the dew point for the first time in my internet life.  Do you know how that makes me feel?  Here's a hint.  *$%^ @#$%^&*

Mmmmm...beer

D2 I was 196 at Detroit in 2012, if I ever make it back to that starting corral watch the fuck out! 

Plenty of time to train for this year's race, go get it! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

LRB

4x200

2x1 mile at T pace

4x200

turned into:

4x200

1x1 mile at T pace

1x .6mile at T pace

I actually would not worry about adding the 2 miles later as that is a very solid workout!

If I were to add anything however, it would be the remainder of the quality portion...but there probably no sense in doing that in a separate workout at all.

As for me I got in 7 easy miles running 2 out of the last 3 way too fast.  I suspect though my legs are ready to roll what with me not doing speed work Tuesday and with Thursday being the day I normally do strides they fully expected to move fast, and they kinda sorta did.

LRB

Plenty of time to train for this year's race, go get it! Smile

I break easily. 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Today is DW and my 10th wedding anniversary. Wow, time flies! We'll celebrate Saturday by going to a Viking festival. Smile We can't do anything too crazy because she's 8 months + 1 week pregnant. Yeah, she's got to take it easy.

On the running side of things, I did an Easy 5 with a fast finish. I got it in just before the rain started.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew