Beginners and Beyond

January Goals (Read 280 times)

Bin Running

1. Stay injuries free.

2. Clock 175miles

1. Checked..

2.  168miles.. Missed a few runs.. Booo..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

"I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal."  - Peter LaFleur

Time to ramp up training for Boston

Run a solid indoor mile in 10 days with no mile-specific training. Smile

Make it through January which is usually the coldest, suckiest month of outdoor running in MN

Oh, what the hell, avoid injury.

1. Check

2. Check

3. Still have 15 hours and tonight it is supposed to drop to around -15.

4. Check

bluerun

Super B****

Don't get injured.

PR in the ten mile race I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

Don't get injured.

125 miles.

Don't get injured.

I'm intact, I suppose -- sort of.  No broken bones, anyway, and that's what's most important to me.  I did indeed PR in a huge way (-19:30), which was super nice since I hadn't even been planning to "race" it.  And I've got a little over 155 miles, so I'd say it was a good month for me.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Don't call me Buttercup!

• Get better about stretching/warming up
          • Don't get re-injured
          • 50 miles

•  Got a little better about this
          • Didn't have TOO much shin trouble
          • Ha, not even.  Just about 31 miles, all in the first two weeks.  Then the attack of the chest congestion/crazy cough hit.  Blah. 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

I don't know if I made a January goals list, essentially it was:

- Don't get hurt

- Be a more disciplined runner

- Run strong with the team towards my goals

I've pretty much got 2 of 3 down pat, I still have to work on being a more disciplined runner. Most recently, I'm thinking back to last Thursday's intervals: when the other 2 guys on the team I was running with went out too fast, I should have not have succumbed to peer pressure. Going out too fast for the first 2 of 6 caused the last 4 to be really laboured, something which I don't think the day's lesson should be especially when your interval pace is supposed to be "10k pace". I'll put that to the test tonight, hopefully I have the discipline to stick to the CORRECT time, not just what others around me are doing.

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Robert31320

Team TJ

A healthy 75 miles

I'd say my January was a success!  Big grin

For the month of January:

• 80.93 miles (my goal was 75 miles; monthly total PR by 13 miles)
              • Average run distance was 4.5 miles
              • New 5K PR (31:10)
              • First AG award (2nd place in a one mile race)
              • Long run distance PB (7.8 miles)
              • PAIN FREE RUNNING ALL MONTH!
              • 4 pound weight loss, had been stuck for about 4 months and thanks to increased distance that is changing

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

These were my January goals.... womp womp. Fail, fail, fail. Did NOT manage to recover without reinjury. Did NOT get back to my pre-injury miles, and had to DNS my 10K. Spent the whole month on the bench. Sadness! Well here's to a better February!

Don't get injured.

Crap.... failed already... ummm.....

Recover. Get back to my pre-injury mileage. Be able to run my 10K on the 26th.

Don't get injured AGAIN?!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

clintmorningwood

Never set any goals.

I had a good run in the rain yesterday, more than i expected.

RSX

Mine were :

1) Stay healthy

2) improve on long runs

3) Keep losing weight

4) >117 miles

I lost 2 pounds, and ran 128 so good there.

Twice last year I had setbacks after running 12, and had a minor one again this month. I haven't run 26.2 for 3 years but never had issues running 12 before. It has been frustrating as I have been looking at my running as a long term marathon plan (no big mileage spikes week to week, 3 days of weights, etc.) Maybe next time I do 11.8, I should skip to 13 the following week.

GinnyinPA

1.  Don't reinjure myself.

2.  Be more patient at the slow pace of rebuilding miles.

3.  Do more cross-training on my non-running days.

4.  Focus on eating less and better.  These last few months have been bad for my weight.  I'm an emotional eater, and the frustration of dealing with injury and my off and on return to running has led to some bad habits I need to break.

Well, one out of four is good, since I have managed not to get hurt.  I ended up doing more miles than intended, simply because it felt good to be running without pain.  I'm up to 15+ mpw, and a long run of 7.5.  That's nothing for most of you, but given nine months off and only a little over three months back running again, I'm happy with it.  Patience is not my strong point.  I do some cross-training - mostly yoga and such, plus walking - but not enough.  And though I watch what I eat, I'm also hungry now that I'm running more, so I'm not losing any weight.