Beginners and Beyond

Where is everyone? MonDAILIES (Read 47 times)

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Marathon done, which hopefully will mean my return to some more regular posting here!  I've got some serious guilt going about having not kept up with you guys better, so I will do my best to atone.

5 miles for me later this evening with some friends, at a pace slower than recovery pace.

I did post a race report from Columbus if you're interested, but the quick version is that I met my goal and broke 2:50.

WHOA, congratulations!  How did I miss this?  You must be happy.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Can someone send me a block of ice?  It's 101F and 73DP. It's almost November!!!!

SRD

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Hope everyone's weekend went well.

I'm home from work a bit early since I have a package coming from UPS that requires a signature.

SRD for me - right knee/leg is feeling awfully ornery today as I thought it would. I'm taking a few days off running. If it continues to bother me, I will go see the doctor. I've got this funny feeling that I've gotten some meniscus damage that I should deal with, but I didn't want to do anything until after yesterday's HM.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Can someone send me a block of ice?  It's 101F and 73DP. It's almost November!!!!

SRD

Wtf

Dad on the run.

Docket - are you certain your not really in hell and the devil allows you the use of a PC to post?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

delicate flower

Run done.  15 miles at 8:15 pace.  Windy day and it was coming right at me the last five miles.  Urgh...demoralizing.  Dead

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket - are you certain your not really in hell and the devil allows you the use of a PC to post?

In that case, the devil uses Macs.

Damaris

Dad on the run.

The Devil isn't Steve Jobs is he?

In that case, the devil uses Macs.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

granite_running, thank you for starting today's thread. Wonderful job doing your run in the AM.

Sarah, good luck with the cardiologist.

Marjorie, I hope that you've been having a great rest day.

lilac_jive, I hope that your toe heals soon.

Shari, massage and martial arts sound fun.

obiebyke, feel well soon.

B-Plus, how had your RD been?

Beth, excellent 8.75.

SIAR, congratulations on an AWESOME race! I hope that you have a pleasant five-miler.

scottydawg, are you always on your feet?

Fantastic five, Andrew. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Nicole, I hope that you have a great run with your RP.

FreeSoul87, I hope that Dorian is well soon.

Oski, I hope that your massage was amazing.

Ric-G, sweet six.

jblackjr, I hope that you enjoy your workout. My condolences to your friend.

scappodaqui, excellent five.

Rick, how was PT?

Damn, Damaris, I'd take an RD in that weather, too.

Tom, heal soon.

Phil, bravo on the fifteen.

My Garmin is funkier than George Clinton tonight. Not only did it take more than five minutes to hitch onto a satellite, it's saying that I ran 6.0 miles in 52:16.08 (8:43 pace).

I'm on my way home to do ab work, push-ups, and some light weights.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5 in the books.  The first couple miles felt like somebody was punching my quads, but after that I loosened up pretty well.

Scap..I'm over the moon!  You didn't really miss it either...it was just Sunday.

Docket...Wow, we may be getting our first snow this week and you're in an inferno.

Runtom...Hope that knee mends up and that you don't have to see the doc.

Baboon...Nice job toughing it through the wind.  Those runs suck.

Basya...That's awesome that your Garmin brings the funk!  We've decided mine is a real S.O.B. as he's always telling me that my pace is slower than my friends' paces.  I guess getting the miles in is still the most important part.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Rick, how was PT?

She did some gapping on my SI joint for about 20 minutes, and I swear I drooled during it!  lol  That junk feels so good!

SIAR, maybe I should have begun popping Mucinex DM last week. That stuff is clearing the funk outta me.

Rick, twenty minutes per SI joint, or twenty minutes total on both?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to the chiro today and he touched a spot on the hip flexor that has been bothering me since my entrails tried to kill me in Chicago.  Ouch, MF, ouch.  I might have said fuck like 10 times and the whole office probably heard.

Damaris

LRB

Rick, twenty minutes per SI joint, or twenty minutes total on both?

Left side only.

Hi dailies:

SRD, going after some aggressive speedwork this week, as my local competition has been running some sick 5K times.

There were some cars pulled over at the far end of my property, so I walked down to make sure things were OK.  A lady had hit a deer, and had called in her husband to look for and dispatch it if possible.  There were no shots fired, so there might be venison lying around for me to find tomorrow when it's light.  If the coyotes don't get there first.