Beginners and Beyond

Where is everyone? MonDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

Today, 5 miles easy/8:19 pace pretty steady. 

Are you going to start a log here?  Returning from injury affords the perfect opportunity to do so.  It is mesmerizing!

Lilac, you are funny!

Beth, it's water weight.  That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Hi Shari!

Sarah, it would be a minus 3 if I were not a wine head!

Supp O Deezy!

Hi D!

Supp OB!

Ric, did you get "plucked"?

Marj, with 10 300 mile months in the past 12, yes, another rest day is in order!

Granite, picture a single stick of spaghetti right out of the box, now imagine trying to bend it into a U shape without breaking it.  That's how stiff my damn hammies are!

What up doe everyone else!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Marathon done, which hopefully will mean my return to some more regular posting here!  I've got some serious guilt going about having not kept up with you guys better, so I will do my best to atone.

5 miles for me later this evening with some friends, at a pace slower than recovery pace.

I did post a race report from Columbus if you're interested, but the quick version is that I met my goal and broke 2:50.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

Marathon done, which hopefully will mean my return to some more regular posting here!  I've got some serious guilt going about having not kept up with you guys better, so I will do my best to atone.

5 miles for me later this evening with some friends, at a pace slower than recovery pace.

I did post a race report from Columbus if you're interested, but the quick version is that I met my goal and broke 2:50.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Brr...So sorry to hear about your grandpa.  That's so tough to have to see.

Hobbit...enjoy the 5 with the RP.

Freesoul...Hope the little guy is feeling better.  Enjoy your run later.

Oski...Enjoy that massage.  Scones.  Carbs.  Mmm.

Lilac...Congrats on yesterday's PR.  Awesome.

Ric...Nice work on the 6...good luck with the piddly items.

Jblack...Hope you have a good run and that you can get that PR next weekend.  That's terrible news about your friend's friend.  So shocking when it happens like that.

Scap...Glad the easy miles are coming along for you.  There's definitely something to be said for taking your foot off the gas every once in a while.

LRB...I must not be as young as I like to think...I used to call time and temp before school as a kid.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

BPlus...You freaking killed it too!!! Your report is definitely on my list of reads.  Thanks for the absurdly large thumbs up lol.

LRB

I've got some serious guilt going about having not kept up with you guys better, so I will do my best to atone.

Don't be silly.  People come, people go, life happens, shit happens.  Just jump right in and pick up like you never left.

Word.  Cool

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

JBlack - Sorry to hear about your friend. That sounds strange.

SIAR - Glad to have you back!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't be silly.  People come, people go, life happens, shit happens.  Just jump right in and pick up like you never left.

Word.  Cool

He can brings us donuts, though.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Brrrr, really sorry to hear about your grandfather.  Sad

lilac, congrats on that awesome PR!  I'll check out your RR a bit later.

SIAR, congrats on an awesome marathon!  As with lilac's RR, I'll read yours tonight too.  Nice to see you in the dailies again.  Not too much going on with my running in the last couple of months.  Wink

Headed out of my seminar and going for a run.  Cool

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Awesome!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice weekend of running.  Bad weekend of football as the Dallas Cowboys won and the Houston Texans lost.   Well, at least my Redskins won for a change, surprisingly winning over Da Bears.

Saturday I did my 57th race of the year:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/36aa1d719aae44d99432417b8cea0812/resume#focus

Sunday I went to Fort Sam Houston and did hills, hills, and more hills. Ended up with a 50:46 run/walk time and 4.5 miles.  Not very speedy, but these were no baby hills either!    Today is a rest day.  Been playing 'catch-up' at work today and just now getting onto the forum.   Actually had beautiful weather this past week, so ran 5 days this past week rather than my usual 4 days a week.

Congrats on your 5 miles granite, good luck with your plan for your target 5K!

Yeah, LRB, but in your case, it's all muscle.  Joking

Beth, it's water weight.  That's my story and I am sticking to it!  Well,LRB, just go pee then, already, for pete's sake! Wink

Hope everything does go smoothly for your, Sarah!

Happy rest day, MarjorieAnn.

Umm, shouldn't the massage be AFTER the martial arts, Step?  You might need it after that!

Sorry you are sick AND injured obiebyke!  Hope you have better days ahead of you!

Glad your magic coffee is working, Damaris, hope you have a great run!

lilac, maybe if they take the blood from your big toe, that will make it feel better. Wink  Like those 'old days" where docs would bleed you to let the 'bad blood" out to make you feel better..and then wonder why they'd lose patients.

B-Plus, have fun with the bike if you do get on it.

Happy seminar, Baboon!

6 days to marathon....didn't you just get back from doing one, Beth?  Wow, you are hard-core!  Good luck!

Wow, SIAR, congrats on your speedy marathon!   Enjoy the 'kickin' back' run with your friends tonite, you sure earned it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very sorry to hear about your grandfather, Andrew.

Hope Dorian feels better, FreeSoul, and hope you are able to get some sleep soon.

Hobbit, what is the RP?  Running Police?  Do they monitor while you run for correct stride, pace, etc? Wink   Good luck with the meeting tomorrow, sounds like it won't be very productive for you.

Enjoy the massage, Oski.  Hope that went well for you!

Congrats on the 6, Ric.  Hope you get all your piddly things done.

Sounds like a nice weekend for you, Jimmy.  Good luck with your miles tonite.

Feels good to run easy, it's amazing not ever to feel totally beat up or tired...   Uh huh...wait till you're MY age, scappo!  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Enjoy the massage! Curious about what flour/blend you used for the scones. I really like recipes that use almond flour, but it is so expensive, and so high calorie ... ouch.

Almond flour, yep!  I used this recipe but of course since I can't leave anything alone, I used honey instead of the maple syrup, the zest of one orange and also a few tablespoons of orange and a cup of chopped fresh cranberries.

Hip Redux

AWESOME!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

He can brings us donuts, though.

Well you know it wasn't gonna be coffee!

LRB...got it!  And I appreciate the understanding.

Baboon...Thanks.  I don't think I've been away that long, have I?  Last I saw you had been crushing every PR in sight and making all our jaws drop.  Hopefully you're still running healthy and well.  Enjoy your run.

Step and Brr...thanks guys

Scotty...You've run almost as many races as I have days in my streak!  Impressive as always.  Just trotting around tonight will definitely feel good.

Oski..Thank you...Hope you're feeling healthy and well as it seems like I've read you've had some troubles lately.