Beginners and Beyond

This is a Public Service Announcement! (Read 233 times)

MothAudio

Update: Sunday: 3 miles 28:42 - 9:34 avg. pace - recovery. Felt great!  Big grin

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

How many people can actually have a stroke, and then say this a few days later.

Update: Sunday: 3 miles 28:42 - 9:34 avg. pace - recovery. Felt great!  Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

MothAudio

How many people can actually have a stroke, and then say this a few days later.

Hah. Felt like running 10 miles. Nice cool evening, pace felt easier than usual. According to my Garmin I got down to 8:10 pace. But I was a good boy and broke it off when I did.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It's not just your running accomplishments that people appreciate, but also your wisdom.  You're a smart man.

Hah. Felt like running 10 miles. Nice cool evening, pace felt easier than usual. According to my Garmin I got down to 8:10 pace. But I was a good boy and broke it off when I did.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Daves_Not_Here

Wow...It's good to know that you're doing much better and are on the mend. I suppose one could look at it and say "It could have been worse.", yes? You'll be back to 100% in no time I'm sure. Wishing you well my friend. Smile

Village people

I am so glad that you are doing okay. How scary.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It's not just your running accomplishments that people appreciate, but also your wisdom.  You're a smart man.

Yes, and one for whom many of us hold a great deal of respect.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MothAudio

OMG Surprised

It just felt like my head cleared a year's worth of confusion.

LRB

It just felt like my head cleared a year's worth of confusion.

Funny!

MothAudio

Update: Tuesday: XT A.M. / 8 miles 1:07:23 - 8:25 avg. pace - steady state P.M.  Wow that felt great! I'm wondering if maybe that clot was blocking blood flow before it broke loose. I say this because my runs post-stroke have felt different / better than pre-stroke. While my right leg seems a bit wobbly, strength-wise these past few days, I'm definitely stronger aerobically. Like I gained horse power. Stamina wasn't top notch tonight but I know how to fix that :> *

Meeting with my cardiologist this morning [curious to ask him about this phenomenon]. If it's possible this could explain the sudden drop off in performance I noted last March. But ATST doesn't explain how I was able to set a half marathon PB last October? I might have a Fall racing season after all.

The other curious thing that happened yesterday is that mid-afternoon I distinctly noted the moment my head cleared and I felt like my old self again. Weird. It's been just over 7 days. From what I understand stroke recovery is unique to each individual. I'm lucky to have bounced back as quickly as I have, unless the doctor shuts down my activity I guess I'm back running. Have a great day!

* I just checked my journal - I just ran my fastest time this year for my 8 mile loop!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That's crazy.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

catwhoorg

Labrat

Must have been pretty scary Moth. Good to hear you are on the mend.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Wow..glad you're ok,,thankfully you seem to be recovering rather quickly..

MothAudio

Update: Met with my cardiologist this morning. Unfortunately, he didn't have a clue about my upshift in running after my stroke. He referred those questions to a neurologist or my orthopedic. I can't help but feel the sudden drop off in performance I noted last March and the stroke event are somehow related. Of course, that theory doesn't explain how I was able to set a half marathon PB last October. When I showed him my activity he said while he wouldn't advise his patients to follow my led he said [with a smile] that's probably what he would have done if he were in my shoes. So, it looks like I might have a Fall racing season after all.

hog4life

Update: Met with my cardiologist this morning. Unfortunately, he didn't have a clue about my upshift in running after my stroke. He referred those questions to a neurologist or my orthopedic. I can't help but feel the sudden drop off in performance I noted last March and the stroke event are somehow related. Of course, that theory doesn't explain how I was able to set a half marathon PB last October. When I showed him my activity he said while he wouldn't advise his patients to follow my led he said [with a smile] that's probably what he would have done if he were in my shoes. So, it looks like I might have a Fall racing season after all.

Mike, looks like this is a week for good news. Great to hear you are bouncing back strong.