Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES can dig it (Read 38 times)

Yugo18

12 nice miles.  Mmmmm oatmeal!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scottydawg, 43F and 38F are cold? Boo hoo:

lol,Basya.  Yet...that is  30+ degree drop in temperature for us overnight so, yes, we cold-weather wimp South Texans can feel the difference!

14MM, Damaris?  I think I might be able to keep up with you at that pace. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I swear I will wait until July or even August to complain about the heat damn it, I miss summer so much lol. My calf is feeling better, that is a plus. Still debating on the race, if it is warm enough to make the trails soft and muddy.. I might do it but if it is cold enough for the trails to be frozen then I am not doing it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Mmmmm oatmeal!

When it is made the way that I like it, yes indeed.  When it is not, hiss.

Zelanie

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. I am letting last week's run go, that week is over. But I am really tempted to make up Monday's run, since it was just 6 easy and I cam swap it for a rest day. I really want my 50 miles this week.

happylily

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. I am letting last week's run go, that week is over. But I am really tempted to make up Monday's run, since it was just 6 easy and I cam swap it for a rest day. I really want my 50 miles this week.

Then go for it. Sometimes, we really need that confidence booster. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I swear I will wait until July or even August to complain about the heat damn it, I miss summer so much lol. My calf is feeling better, that is a plus. Still debating on the race, if it is warm enough to make the trails soft and muddy.. I might do it but if it is cold enough for the trails to be frozen then I am not doing it.

By July or August, it will be 7 months of Summer down here.  If I wait that long to bitch, I'll have melted. 

Damaris

LRB

Then go for it. Sometimes, we really need to see nice big fat round numbers in our log. 

FYP.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would go for it so long as it benefits the marathon you are training for, rather than miles for the sake of miles.

Damaris

LRB

I would go for it so long as it miles for the sake of miles.  And oh by the way, if it benefits the marathon you are training for, that's just gravy.

FYP too.  I am on a roll, woo hoo! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am almost tempted to come visit you....... ALMOST, sadly I don't want to deal with heat, humidity, dew point combined.

By July or August, it will be 7 months of Summer down here.  If I wait that long to bitch, I'll have melted. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I am almost tempted to come visit you....... ALMOST, sadly I don't want to deal with heat, humidity, dew point combined.

I would visit but only to eat, drink and be merry.  My runs down there would be in a gym under air conditioning!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would most likely succumb to running on a treadmill or indoor track...

I would visit but only to eat, drink and be merry.  My runs down there would be in a gym under air conditioning!

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would visit but only to eat, drink and be merry with Docket at Mango's.  My runs down there would be in a gym under air conditioning!

There, FYP.

I am very good entertaining forumites.  You are all welcome down here.

I need to find Jerryb because he is coming down here and running a HM this weekend.  At least the high will be 78F, so he won't toast.

Damaris

Ugh.  Zelanie, don't stress, it will be fine.

How's this for a poor workout?  I had planned 2:30 with the last hour at GMP, but felt unusually tired by the end of the easy portion.  Within 20 minutes at pace, I was out of steam entirely, cut it to 30 minutes, and hated every step of the final 30 while fluctuating between recovery and easy speed.  Boo.

As for taxes, between federal overage, state shortage, and preparer fees, I'm up a couple burritos, lol.