Beginners and Beyond

Slow, hot and humid SaturDAILIES (Read 55 times)

LRB

also did several hours yard work.

I bow to you, I cut it short after mowing and trimming the front yard.  I am now about to Star Trek Into Darkness with pizza and wine!

DavePNW

I bow to you, I cut it short after mowing and trimming the front yard.  I am now about to Star Trek Into Darkness with pizza and wine!

Ugh. I am trying to get myself motivated to mow the lawn. No problem getting myself out the door for a run, but this is drudgery.

LRB - looks like you're going to see a movie with your two best friends!

Dave

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Re: unfueled long runs, I hear there's some benefit to them in terms of training your body to access glycogen stores, but only up to a point (I think 18-20 miles is the limit for most? what do I know).  Anyway, I think it's about getting used to it, both mentally and physically.

So I did 5 easy, 8:30 pace, didn't really break a sweat but MAN my hamstrings are still SO tight. I think as I get into racing season I must cut back on the lifting, though, you know, it makes me happy and I don't really want to be just a runner right now. Anyway, I'm off to get a massage and it will be very welcome. I enjoy the soreness, though. I kind of like this way of training. It's what worked for me before I was serious about running and my goals for the next few years are all about building speed from 400-mile distance, so focusing on what I'm better at--strength training and sprints--over distance is OK.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

DavePNW

Like anything else, you are training your body to do something it is not used to.  Stick with it, it will get better and you will be better for it I promise!

^ This. I think people often look for fuel/hydration issues when the issue is more insufficient fitness for the task at hand.

Dave

Jess runs for bacon

Mornin all! Day three tobacco free! Great morning, ran a 5k that's next to the house of a guy in our running club. We finished it off with some yum yum breakfast.

oh yeah, I won my age group and got three floaters Big grin

I decline to say my time and how many people were running.

Ball of Fury

Congrats Lilac!!

LRB:  Enjoy the movie!  I am headed to Iron Man 3 but sadly it's for a 9 year-olds birthday so no pizza or wine!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rondog65

Just finished mowing and raking the yard, no fun but has to be done before the weeds completely take over, ugh.  Off for packet pickup for a fun 5K on Sunday.  Then an easy 5 or so miles later on.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

4.5 easy miles to the movie store and back. DW and I watched "End of Watch" last night with some Pacificos. Good movie and good beer. Today we are taking the Germans to LAX for their flight home. My parents are going there in September and we hope to go next summer. 

Word.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB dh mowed. But I trimmed all the bushes, pulled weeds, cut he roses, swept etc.  house is also clean.

Now to the store to get wound care supplies as I  have evaluated Hammys wound and will care for it the way I know it needs to be.

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Just a quick 'in-and-out' to say "hi".

SRD for me today. I got up early, went to the Track Club Lunch Picnic, then came home and took a nap. Heading to work in about an hour for the third of 4 night shifts. Yee Haw!

Have a good one, y'all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Lilac, congrats on the run and congrats on day 3. You're doing well.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Congrats Brrrrr and lilac!

11.9 @ 7:36. I knew right from the start it was going to be a good run. I couldn't control my legs at all.

hog4life

Mornin all! Day three tobacco free! Great morning, ran a 5k that's next to the house of a guy in our running club. We finished it off with some yum yum breakfast.

oh yeah, I won my age group and got three floaters Big grin

I decline to say my time and how many people were running.

Congrats! I have been for 7, err, 8 years, hell, can't even remember it's been so long. I know it is hard, but I can tell you this, you will feel so much better once that stuff is out of your system.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Miles for Meals 5K in Savannah.  31:49, not a PR by a long shot.  I took this as just a Saturday morning run since I ran it with my cousin that has just recently started running.

Running for TJ because he can't.

outoftheblue

Good afternoon everyone!   My attendance here has been spotty as of late, so my apologies about that.  With are garden fully up and running, I can't believe how busy my spring got.  Planting, weeding, insect control, mulching, picking and processing.  I'm loving it, but it's definitely cut into my sitting around on the computer time.   It sounds like a lot of other folks are squeezing some yard work into their lives as well.

But, I've managed to keep up with the running.  12 hilly miles this morning at a nice, easy, 10:50 pace.  Temps in the high 70s, which actually felt great. I was getting tired of chilly, foggy morning runs.

flatrunner -- Yikes!  I'm glad you are OK, but very scary.  I've had to jump into ditches before to avoid drivers as well.

MarjorieAnn -- Glad your hamstring is feeling better.

Brrrrr -- Nice job on the HM.   Sounds like difficult conditions out there today.

Lilac --- Congrats on the AG award!

LRB -- Pizza, wine and a movie - sounds like a great afternoon!

Life is good.