Beginners and Beyond

D and D SunDAILIES (Read 55 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG, Dave!  Amazing job!  Congrats!

It was windy as fuck especially at the end when we got a 40mph gust as we were finishing and had to stop and hang on to shit. But still, second fastest marathon post knee surgery, 2 min negative split and if I had not run the first half with my husband, I probably would have come in a tad faster. Great race and lots of fun. And beer. 7 beer booths on the course, 6 of them at mile 17.

Damaris

No more marathons

It's a little weird how happy I am for you right now.

I know.  He's young enough to be my son, so for just a few hours I'm adopting him.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

It was windy as fuck especially at the end when we got a 40mph gust as we were finishing and had to stop and hang on to shit. But still, second fastest marathon post knee surgery, 2 min negative split and if I had not run the first half with my husband, I probably would have come in a tad faster. Great race and lots of fun. And beer. 7 beer booths on the course, 6 of them at mile 17.

The beer I drank at the mile 24 booth remains one of the best tasting beers I've ever had.

Cyberic

How many beers did you have?

And congrats on your marathon, 1 week post marathon, and 2nd fastest post surgery. That is very cool, D.

Baboon

delicate flower

DaveP, if I am reading the results correctly, you won your age group.  

<3

DavePNW

The beer I drank at the mile 24 booth remains one of the best tasting beers I've ever had.

+1. Nice job D! Just glad the race went off. Beer PR, I hope?

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice job, Docket!  Beautiful looking splits on the tracker.  Looks like you ran a very good race.  Congrats!

<3

DavePNW

DaveP, if I am reading the results correctly, you won your age group.  

Yes. Of 2, so far, at 4:15.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Who gives a shit.  You get a beanie!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, great race! Congrats on the PR.

ZZyxx, nice race.

Docket, nice race. The wind sounds brutal.

Need to catch up on todays earlier posts in a bit but here it goes for me:

Wasn't sure where I wanted to do this mornings grueling 14mi MP>GHMP progression. Decided to do it on the canal trail where the race is to be held. I knew the surface would be a little soft from the rain and would make it a bit tougher for me. I don't wanna be freakin out over a soft surface on race morning. Arrived over there around 8am and got going. It was fairly warm and humid as can be.

7mi UP 8:01 the first mile and then 7:41-25 for the rest. Wanted to keep this on the faster end of JDs easy pace. Feeling great at the turn around and still going strong.

3mi MP (target 6:54-50) Splits: 6:52,55,44 (Pretty easy but beginning to feel some fatigue in my legs)

3mi goal HM pace (target 6:34-32) Splits: 6:25, 6:13 (oops), 6:27 (Was definitely working here but manageable)

1mi Down 7:57

Tough one for sure. I'm completely sold on this pre-fatiguing the legs and then hitting pace idea. Decided I will wear my Lunaracers for this race too. I just like how the feel on this surface.

Have a great day!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

zzyzx

Great job though! No beanie for me!

DavePNW

Who gives a shit.  You get a beanie!

Dave

No more marathons

Tough one for sure. I'm completely sold on this pre-fatiguing the legs and then hitting pace idea. Decided I will wear my Lunaracers for this race too. I just like how the feel on this surface.

Have a great day!

Damn - so nice to be a youngster.

Nice pacing.

Where in PA?  I'm an Altoona native.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

Just for the sake of keeping in line with the purpose of the dailies, I am reporting that I ran 7 miles on tired legs.

<3