Beginners and Beyond

Holy mother of spam, Batman! (Read 866 times)

@runjerseygirl

Went over to RW to check out the 2013 in 2013 thread.  Overrun by spam.  Again.  So sad.

Do you even run?

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Spam is like herpes, it never goes away.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

OH YEAH, Space herpes & SPAM, Both Kirk & They've got it.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

RSX

I saw the streamlined games over there earlier. I can't believe they have it this bad still. Probably no one left who cares to flag them. Kevin did promise big plans though recently.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I flagged the spam. Right before I created an account here.

Relentless forward progress

xor

I saw the streamlined games over there earlier. I can't believe they have it this bad still. Probably no one left who cares to flag them. Kevin did promise big plans though recently.

he also promised publicly that folks would be working during the holidays and that spam was under control. both lies.

skygazer

thought you were talking about spam here. but i didn't see any!?

I haven't gone back to RW for a while so don't their spam problem. But it is really bad an sad. It isn't like something very hard to fix (for the folks who still stay there I think they don't realize how/why this is so frustrating not for just the regular users but those who know a little about programming and the internet stuff. RW shows they care very little about it.)

They've been saying that for almost a full year at least.  With no real change, other than changes for the worse.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

bobruns

For a second I thought you were saying the spam found us here!  Be very very quiet...

xor

I guess this is as good a time to say it again as any...

We get spam here too.  Not as much... but when someone gets into the castle, he/she tends to do wide-ranging mischief.  I say that to say... if/when you notice spam (usually in the main forums; one of the nice side effects of a party room is that it is harder to get into) DO NOT FREAK OUT.

The biggest difference between RA and RWOL in terms of spam is that RWOL seems to employ ONE mod who works 8-5, no holidays no weekends, and an indifferent IT staff.  Here you have a group of mods located around the world, so there's usually someone poking around at various odd hours. And The Man himself watches and deals accordingly.  For information on "how to report spam" (and who to), see the Spam sticky in the tech support forum.  Plus The Man will be working to make this stuff more effective and efficient.  He listens.

In my opinion, RWOL's biggest dumbass miss has not been poor use of technology.  Frankly we have no idea WHAT they are doing behind the scenes.  It seems to be really strange and odd and obviously not good enough.  But their biggest miss is about their total stubborn pigheadedness when it comes to allowing folks to help with spam removal and obvious spam user zapping.

Anyway.

Yes, KK promised "big changes" recently.  Maybe even the same thread where he promised that people would be working through the holidays and spam had been defeated.  Mission Accomplished.

LRB

For a second I thought you were saying the spam found us here!  Be vewy vewy quiet...

FYP!

Village people

Oh the trouble with tribbles,

LRS

Chasing Muses

They've been saying that for almost a full year at least.  With no real change, other than changes for the worse.

Yeah, the result of the implementation of the last round of "big plans" is us moving to this cozy little neck of the woods.

he also promised publicly that folks would be working during the holidays and that spam was under control. both lies.

Funny because I recently read a thread over there ( looking at 20xx threads) and Knabe told the poster hopefully it would be fixed sometime in January because everyone was on vacation until then. If I remember correctly his message was before Christmas. :-(