Beginners and Beyond

Holy mother of spam, Batman! (Read 866 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My opinion is that some admins were for it while some were against it.

I agree with all that.

And so the community was dismantled and shuffled around except for a few of us who cross post (and many of us, me included, seem to be stopping even that) and a couple of folks doing it out of "loyalty" with high hopes that things will get better.

I'm kind of shocked that the miles game didn't move... especially since there's some automation here that would make it way easier.  But I don't play, so my opinion isn't that relevant.  It's just... weird...

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm kind of shocked that the miles game didn't move... especially since there's some automation here that would make it way easier.  But I don't play, so my opinion isn't that relevant.  It's just... weird...

It sort of did: Beginners and Beyond Miles Game.  Right now some participants are here, some other there, and some who rarely post in either forum.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

He would have been fired in my company six weeks ago...if not well before that.

This.  And in the meantime, he would have been removed from the project and replaced with someone more competent.  And the billion dollar company I work for would have ripped Pluck a new cornhole and would have dropped them as a vendor.

<3

xor

That this has not occurred should tell everyone all they/we need to know about the relative importance rodale places on the RW message boards.  Not that this should be new information.  One mod.  "Several" people working on the issues when the board was down for multiple days. Etc.  Gonna say that ad revenue from that must not be a real driver.

LRB

That this has not occurred should tell everyone all they/we need to know about the relative importance rodale places on the RW message boards.  Not that this should be new information.  One mod.  "Several" people working on the issues when the board was down for multiple days. Etc.  Gonna say that ad revenue from that must not be a real driver.

Just got my renewal in the mail, not gonna.  With an explanation regarding the forums of course.

I'm only one, but 1+1+1...you know, that whole thing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think he was talking about the 2013 in 2013 but called it the miles game.

It sort of did: Beginners and Beyond Miles Game.  Right now some participants are here, some other there, and some who rarely post in either forum.

Damaris

xor

Yes, he has trouble telling all this stuff apart (he is being sincere).

happylily

Like SRL mentioned before, there is this guy who has been banned (Jamin?) who keeps posting, but his posts appear as ghost posts (because of his being banned). This irritates people (mostly the R&R crowd) and they keep telling him to stop posting blank posts. And the more they yell at him, the more he does it. I'm sure he's having the time of his life annoying those guys, even. lol... It's actually quite funny to see. Today, he's in all of the forums, even the BF... A new type of spamming has been born!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You weren't kidding, Lily.  He has infiltrated everywhere.  Good riddance and good luck with that little brat, RWOL.

Running is dumb.

xor

FWIW, the little fucker has been causing trouble here too.

The best thing... don't engage him.  Don't talk about him.  Even as a joke.

(which means that's the last I will say about him)

That's Jamin.

Nooooo.  Likethewind RW will get his/her payback soon...Evil

Anomalous

Wow! You can't post/comment on anything over there without that banned anonymous clown following up after you.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That new persona banned but still posting on every thread is getting ridiculous.  But it looks like calling him out makes it worse so I shall not even notice.  Jamin or no Jamin.

Damaris

Better I Leave

My biggest issue I had over there was the overall performance. I've built sites before (LAMP servers...Linux/Apache/mySQL/PHP) and I have little tolerance for sites that have sub par performance. But yes, the spam is horrific over there and there's no excuse for that. It tells me that the admins/mods have little interest in supporting the needs/requests of the community. When I was a site admin, I always listened to my members and did everything I could to enhance the site per their requests.

xor

Hmm.... they are really messing around over there today.  When I woke up, I noticed that they had changed their forum url from www.runnersworld.com/community/forums to forums.runnersworld.com.  That part still works, but now all the forums point to stuff like this:

http://sitelifestage.rodale.com/forums/runner-communities/marathoners

...and none of those urls work.  As far as I can tell, this effectively takes RWOL offline.

Or maybe it is just me.