Beginners and Beyond

Holy mother of spam, Batman! (Read 866 times)

happylily

Yep... it does the same thing for me. They seem to be down once again.

Hmm.... they are really messing around over there today.  When I woke up, I noticed that they had changed their forum url from www.runnersworld.com/community/forums to forums.runnersworld.com.  That part still works, but now all the forums point to stuff like this:

http://sitelifestage.rodale.com/forums/runner-communities/marathoners

...and none of those urls work.  As far as I can tell, this effectively takes RWOL offline.

Or maybe it is just me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The old links work sporadically for me, but the site is up.

Damaris

baxdaddy

just another runner

epic fail over there....just throwing it out there

The first step is to get up off the couch!

Half Fanatic #889

paulski66

miscreant

Yep... it does the same thing for me. They seem to be down once again.

Wow...

Seriously, by boss would have clubbed me to death in the hallway by now. I can't even imagine this level of incompetence in my department. "Uh, sorry, the site is down again, but it's sort of up, kind of."

I mean, hell...it's only their brand.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

xor

I'm kind of amazed that it is sporadically up.  And not just for Docket... I can tell from the forums main page that people are posting.  But no matter what I do, I can NOT get to anything.

Wee.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Wow...

Seriously, by boss would have clubbed me to death in the hallway by now. I can't even imagine this level of incompetence in my department. "Uh, sorry, the site is down again, but it's sort of up, kind of."

I mean, hell...it's only their brand.

Wasn't that their reason for nuking L&O and Rants & Raves? Guess they've had a change of heart.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

RSX

In my company a few years ago we all got some spam on a weekly basis that was contained in a junk folder but they were always working on minimizing it. I can't remember the last time I got any there.

I can't get on over at the mothership.  some are and some are not.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Just checked - page cannot be found. I probably ought to quit checking. I'll miss Mike and a few others. Might catch them on facebook from time to time.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Huh. I haven't tried to post over there, but I'm logged in and could access my running log.....

Relentless forward progress

xor

Just checked - page cannot be found. I probably ought to quit checking. I'll miss Mike and a few others. Might catch them on facebook from time to time.

But we should have loyalty knowing that things will work out...

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

So apparently I'm logged in, and I can get to the forum home page, but if I try to enter the BF or WF the page is not found. WTF?

Relentless forward progress

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I have no loyalty, but I do have a couple of friends over there. I contacted Mike via facebook, but I miss his advice and posts. Couple of others, I'll have to search a bit more for them. One, I've had an FE with.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

xor

So apparently I'm logged in, and I can get to the forum home page, but if I try to enter the BF or WF the page is not found. WTF?

Right.  That's what I was talking about up above.  You can get to the forums main page... but clicking on any forum gets you the ZONK.

HOWEVER

Just by viewing the forums main page, we can see that some people are posting, because the last thread updated changes periodically.  Some people have stronger magic than me.  Or just give a shit a whole lot more than me.

CAPTAIN! THE MAINS ARE OFFLINE!

B-Plus

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure they're just working on some awesome changes. It will be worth the wait.