Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #15 (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

Howdy! It's a lovely day here in Minneapolis. Whatcha got for today?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Our high is in the 50s today!  I have 6 tonight.

MTA, I'm wearing a dress here in the middle of January, crazy!

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Chillier here: 31 when I ran at 5:10 am with a high of 37 today.  But at least it looks like we'll get some sun.  Colder tomorrow with a high of 27...

Ran a new "longest run in a while" of 9.3 at a fairly decent tempo.  Felt surprisingly good after feeling dead yesterday.  Now to see if the hammies get too tight/sore while at work...sat for the first 15 minutes but standing now as that seems to help the "pain in the butt" feeling.

sdW, Rocket - Good luck on the IT issues.  One of our screens here is displaying an error because it runs Windows 7 which apparently is not supported as of yesterday.  The error message suggests upgrading to Windows 10...

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 6.3 sticky humid miles... my next run, I will have to wear many layers and still freeze, and that makes me very sad.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

3.2, two on flat , then 1.2, tomorrow is test day as off work and will try to do a longer run at Burke lake

Cyberic

Chillier here: 31 when I ran at 5:10 am with a high of 37 today.  But at least it looks like we'll get some sun.  Colder tomorrow with a high of 27...

Ran a new "longest run in a while" of 9.3 at a fairly decent tempo.  Felt surprisingly good after feeling dead yesterday.  Now to see if the hammies get too tight/sore while at work...sat for the first 15 minutes but standing now as that seems to help the "pain in the butt" feeling.

sdW, Rocket - Good luck on the IT issues.  One of our screens here is displaying an error because it runs Windows 7 which apparently is not supported as of yesterday.  The error message suggests upgrading to Windows 10...

Do you have a sit-stand desk?

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Do you have a sit-stand desk?

I have a Varidesk (frequently advertised on TV).  Works pretty well and has been a godsend for my hammy/butt issues. I literally have trouble sitting for very long when I aggravate the hammies so being able to stand a lot really helps.

Cyberic

I have a Varidesk (frequently advertised on TV).  Works pretty well and has been a godsend for my hammy/butt issues. I literally have trouble sitting for very long when I aggravate the hammies so being able to stand a lot really helps.

I don't watch TV, but a VariDesk Google search got me the info in a jiffy Smile

Looks cool. Problem is I'd have to buy it from my own pocket, and the one "for taller users" is pretty expensive. If I "needed" one, then it would be worth the price, but then (if I needed one) the insurance would pay for it. I want one as a preventive measure, and that is not covered by our insurance or by our company policies, so I'd need to buy my own.

Butt bursitis 😮  sitting has been pain in the ass for me on and off score of years, part of the cornucopia of issue I have

From the Internet.

MORNING

Keeping busy the last few days! Track workout early AM: 5x800 all 2:59-3:01 by coach's stopwatch, 2x200 in 43, 40. Racing another mile on Sunday. I'll do a short shakeout later, probably.

LRB

MORNING

Keeping busy the last few days! Track workout early AM: 5x800 all 2:59-3:01 by coach's stopwatch, 2x200 in 43, 40. Racing another mile on Sunday. I'll do a short shakeout later, probably.

What happened with your pod?

DavePNW

My back still feels like crap today, goddammit.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Looks cool. Problem is I'd have to buy it from my own pocket, and the one "for taller users" is pretty expensive. If I "needed" one, then it would be worth the price, but then (if I needed one) the insurance would pay for it. I want one as a preventive measure, and that is not covered by our insurance or by our company policies, so I'd need to buy my own.

I was considering buying one on my own but then the company decided to buy for anyone who wanted one.  They kind of needed to offer as the owner here, and our NY office, already had true standing desks.  Probably half the people here have one now.  Not surprisingly, many people "had to have" one but now, rarely, if ever, use it.  I use mine every day, multiple times per day.  A few others are consistent users  I probably stand as much or more than I sit.  Probably a net negative for general leg fatigue but a huge positive for comfort and keeping my butt/hammies operational for running.  Which is all that matters, I think...

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Butt bursitis 😮  sitting has been pain in the ass for me on and off score of years, part of the cornucopia of issue I have

+1! 

LRB

My back still feels like crap today, goddammit.

Seems to be an annual thing. Let's get it out of the way now then start the buildup. 👍