Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #31 (Read 33 times)

onemile

Yes--at least that's what I think she'll do it on (I've had really tight calves for months, so this isn't super surprising to me ). Good to know about prepping myself for some pain! Was it sore like muscle soreness after a workout? Or like bruised sore?

I would say like extreme muscle soreness after a workout (think trying to go down stairs after a marathon) more than a bruise.  But I couldn't walk without limping and dummy me had to walk a mile back to work after the appointment (because I walked there).  and then the rest of the day, just standing up and trying to walk was a painful shuffle.  It was not as bad the next day but still a bit sore and then after that fine.  (My PT actually warned me that this was gonna happen before he did it)

Apparently the calf produces the biggest twitch response. (but like I said the needling itself wasn't fun but it wasn't really worse than when I had it done to my hip flexors)

GinnyinPA

I ended up with 10.7 miles. At the end of the run, when I was almost home, I got bitten again. A woman opened up her front door to let three dogs into the front yard to do their business. Seeing me, they all came swarming. I had met two of them before, when they charged our dog while we were walking him, and knew they were basically friendly, just not well trained. The third dog is the one that bit me. I think the excitement of the pack charging a stranger got to him, since he didn't continue to bite after they backed off, but it was scary. One of the bites is on my wrist, so I get to wear my watch on the other arm for a while.

onemile

I ended up with 10.7 miles. At the end of the run, when I was almost home, I got bitten again. A woman opened up her front door to let three dogs into the front yard to do their business. Seeing me, they all came swarming. I had met two of them before, when they charged our dog while we were walking him, and knew they were basically friendly, just not well trained. The third dog is the one that bit me. I think the excitement of the pack charging a stranger got to him, since he didn't continue to bite after they backed off, but it was scary. One of the bites is on my wrist, so I get to wear my watch on the other arm for a while.

Wow, that is really shitty.  If they have charged you before when you were walking the dogs, I would call the cops. I'll give you one chance if you're apologetic but if it happens a second time...

LRB

We have had a very mild winter here with temps in the 30's for most of the month.  Day #10 of no sun though.  But we are supposed to hit 50 on Sunday 

I've been really feeling the effects of it this week. Been snapping at people left and right which isn't unusual but not apologizing for it is. Someone said I looked really bad and I replied that they looked like they haven't missed a meal since childbirth. 

onemile

Someone said I looked really bad and I replied that they looked like they haven't missed a meal since childbirth. 

we missed you here but maybe it was for the best

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Do you have someone that does dry needling? I mean, you could continue to do all the stretching in the world, but if you have someone handy, why waste all that time when someone could help much faster? (This is only applicable if this is a tight muscle issue.)

Is dry needling better than trigger point? I could ask my masseuse if she does or knows someone.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I've been really feeling the effects of it this week. Been snapping at people left and right which isn't unusual but not apologizing for it is. Someone said I looked really bad and I replied that they looked like they haven't missed a meal since childbirth. 

ouch! Maybe it's the gray skies in SE MI...hope you're feeling better now. you were missed around here!

onemile

Is dry needling better than trigger point? I could ask my masseuse if she does or knows someone.

I have never had "trigger point" but it doesn't sound like one or two sessions magically fixes your problem.. so I am thinking yes it's better.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have never had "trigger point" but it doesn't sound like one or two sessions magically fixes your problem.. so I am thinking yes it's better.

Trigger point is painful and usually takes 2 or 3 sessions before I finally feel relief AND it is also my last resort after stupidly allowing my muscles to get really tight. But then usually a 1.5-2 hour trigger point once a month is very helpful.

Talked to my masseuse and she said the chiropractor at her building does do needling. Think I'll be setting up an appointment for next week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

Talked to my masseuse and she said the chiropractor at her building does do needling. Think I'll be setting up an appointment for next week.

It's worth a try!

RunningOnSand

Oh my word, 100% yes.

RunningOnSand

Trigger point is painful and usually takes 2 or 3 sessions before I finally feel relief AND it is also my last resort after stupidly allowing my muscles to get really tight. But then usually a 1.5-2 hour trigger point once a month is very helpful.

Yay! Twins! I've got my appt for Wednesday. It's the same thought as accupuncture, but the technique is slightly different.

RunningOnSand

Cranky or not, welcome back. You were missed.

sdWhiskers

Cranky or not, welcome back. You were missed.

+1

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol I go to see him Tuesday morning... reading an article, I'm a little nervous. I don't like needles, in fact I am extremely uncomfortable with needles 😟

PRs