Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #23 (Read 36 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Searched for it, didn't find it, and only then figured you must be joking 

No joke!  It's the top thread in the Running 101 forum.  Basically a guy is trying to go from couch to sub-4:00 mile.  But, he is willing to work really hard! 

<3

LRB

Searched for it, didn't find it, and only then figured you must be joking 

lol - It's there. I haven't opened it though.

DavePNW

No joke!  It's the top thread in the Running 101 forum.  Basically a guy is trying to go from couch to sub-4:00 mile.  But, he is willing to work really hard! 

He is willing to lose weight even, although currently 5’8”, 209 lb. Seriously. Gotta believe it’s a troll, but he stays alive because people keep feeding him.

Dave

Cyberic

I just read through it. It's actually constructive advice there (ok, a normal thread IMO), as opposed to lots of venom in the marathon training thread.

Cyberic

He is willing to lose weight even, although currently 5’8”, 209 lb. Seriously. Gotta believe it’s a troll, but he stays alive because people keep feeding him.

And he is also willing to train 8 hours a day. But there was a time in my life when I would have had 8 hours per day to put on training. I was putting it on booze and guitar playing instead, lol.

DavePNW

I just read through it. It's actually constructive advice there (ok, a normal thread IMO), as opposed to lots of venom in the marathon training thread.

True but not for the OP. He mainly just needs to get on a C25k program, drop a bunch of weight, and check back in after a few months to see how that’s going. If he’s for real.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

He is willing to lose weight even, although currently 5’8”, 209 lb. 

80-90 pounds...doable.

<3

DavePNW

And he is also willing to train 8 hours a day. But there was a time in my life when I would have had 8 hours per day to put on training. I was putting it on booze and guitar playing instead, lol.

One thing I was going to post was to suggest he take 7 of those hours and do volunteer work for charitable organizations, and leave 1 hour for training.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

True but not for the OP. He mainly just needs to get on a C25k program, drop a bunch of weight, and check back in after a few months to see how that’s going. If he’s for real.

I think a sub-20 5K would be a very noble pursuit.  Going from his current 11:30 pace down to a 6:27 pace will require a LOT of work in itself.

<3

DavePNW

I think me finally getting off my ass and going for a run right now would be a noble pursuit.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I have another call with that guy today.

Spoke to the guy.  He's got nothing new for me, but was wondering if I have any openings in my department that I might need help filling.  These guys have no shame.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Spoke to the guy.  He's got nothing new for me, but was wondering if I have any openings in my department that I might need help filling.  These guys have no shame.

Tell him if he does his job, there will be one

LRB

#micdrop

Cyberic

Hahahaha! Best one today, and I've read the marathon thread!

LRB

Hahahaha! Best one today, and I've read the marathon thread!

What'd you make of BRs post? The one that got censored with all the swear words?

"Opinions are like farts. We all have them. They all stink. Feel free to fuck RIGHT the fuck off back to wherever the fuck it is you came from and drown your sorrows into your favorite light American lager."

Dude went straight up east side on that one. lol

And you can't call running jogging?? Gasp I do it all the time. A jog to me is an easy run with no particular target or purpose and usually slow. Oops!