Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Pudding Thursdailies (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hello again!

HopesMom - with all that choir practice, I bet your head is filled every minute of every day with songs!  I used to work my daughter's musical theater shows, and for weeks after, I couldn't get the songs out of my head.  A friend texted me a line from Les Mis this morning and for the last hour I've been humming "One More Day"!  (and Les Mis was almost 4 years ago)

You ain't kidding!!  I had Hot Knife stuck in my head for days, and it annoyed the crap out of me.  Just now I read something about ... forgot her name ... singing Holly Jolly Christmas on Letterman.  Now that's banging around in my brain ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

PAD - a coach?  How does that work for you?  Is it an online relationship or IRL?

IRL. I've been running with a coached group for a couple of months. He sent out a training plan for everyone to follow. I asked him how I could incorporate it into my Marathon plan and he sent me a new plan to follow through to the half marathon. I'm just starting this plan so we'll see. A lot more speed work!

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I used to have a recipe for Indian Pudding, but I never made it.  I seem to remember corn meal and cooked in a can, but I'm not sure.  Enjoy the game tonight.  Good thing it's indoors.

Stonefence - happy hunting.  Good luck.

Brilliant - sorry you didn't get your extra  miles in after all. There's always tomorrow.  Did your friend join you for breakfast?

Traci - wind does make a big difference.  Good job getting it done.

Mtich - I'm surprised Bella like the cold.  She doesn't have much fur.  OTOH, she has a lot of muscle to keep her warm.  Ben loves cold, but he's all fur.

Z and Jack - enjoy your RD

sapf - good luck with your exam.

Lauren - sounds like a nice run in your new clothes.  I need some winter gear, but I hate shopping.  With my legs, just looking at myself in the mirror is depressing, so I usually end up giving up after trying on one or two pairs of tights.

HopesMom - are you giving a lecture or getting one?  Have fun.  I love Christmas music in early December but by the end of the month I'm done.  Two of our neighbors have already put up their Christmas decorations.  Yuletide is nigh.

PAD - what made you decide to get a coach? For a FM or HM or just to get better?

AFM:  cold and gray here but not wet, so I'll go do 5 or so outdoors in a little while.

PADRunner

PAD - what made you decide to get a coach? For a FM or HM or just to get better?

It really kind of just happened. Sly invited me to run with the club he's in and I've been running with them every Tuesday since. Mainly just to get better overall.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty does not know who is Katniss Evergreen?  Ugh!

I have Pilates and a run.  Sigh.  We'll see.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Lauren, glad your tights are lovely!!

Are the tights lovely....or does she make them lovely?  I tend to go with the latter in the case of our Penguin ladies...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty does not know who is Katniss Evergreen?  Ugh!

I have Pilates and a run.  Sigh.  We'll see.

I've read the books, but DH hadn't, so we're reading them together.  We're a little ways into the third book, but now there are commercials for the movie trailer all over the place.  Hello, spoiler alert!!

An even funnier spoiler alert was that our pastor one Sunday a couple of months ago mentioned that Katniss Everdeeen needed three books to vanquish her nemesis, President Snow.  I just looked at DH and shrugged ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've read the books, but DH hadn't, so we're reading them together.  We're a little ways into the third book, but now there are commercials for the movie trailer all over the place.  Hello, spoiler alert!!

An even funnier spoiler alert was that our pastor one Sunday a couple of months ago mentioned that Katniss Everdeeen needed three books to vanquish her nemesis, President Snow.  I just looked at DH and shrugged ...

Read faster!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I know, but we're reading out loud to each other before we go to bed at night!  So we usually only get one night a week, that's two chapters and we're asleep.  At this rate we should be finished by next summer ...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

We don't get blue northers here in SoCal.  Maybe I should move to SoCal, Brilliant!  Naw....you still have state income tax there.  So you went 4, that's still good.  Those burritos sound....massive....

I am right with ya, Traci.  Calm day, the cold does not feel so bad....windy day...yikes!   I hope I never see 28 degrees though!  That's one good thing about San Antonio, we only get to just above freezing at our coldest, usually, and in a few days it warms back up.

Dang, Mitch, I didn't know you needed a license to sit in a tree.  Someone better tell the birds and squirrels.......

Happy SRD, Zelanie!

Did 6 through the woods and by the lake..  and over the bridge and through some more woods and down to grandma's!  Congrats on the 6, Lauren!   Glad you didn't fall into the lake.

Are you giving the lecture, HsM?  Good luck!  Is the lecture on chorus-ing?  It will probably end on a good note then!

Jack, there is no such thing as a proper outdoor stadium in South Texas...we are cold weather wimps!      Actually, we do have a few outdoor stadiums here, including Heroes Stadium and Toyota Field where the San Antonio Scorpions professional soccer team will be playing this Saturday for the championship - and it is supposed to be rainy and cold here Saturday.  I will be home inside, watching football on TV.

good lord, PAD, 18 degrees.  You really need to move down here to SOUTH Texas, get outta that North Texas area where there is REAL winter.

Ginny, I assume Indian pudding is a food of India? How do you cook pudding in a can?  Hope your 5 went well!

Damaris, I never heard of Katniss Evergreen...is that some kind of a Christmas tree?     I actually did watch the first Hunger Games movie, though...isn't her name EverDEEN?  Have not watched the others yet. I'll wait for them to come out on the free channels, the first movie didn't thrill me enough to want to pay to see any of the others.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm not giving the lecture, just attending.  These semi-annual lectures are supposed to be a biggish deal, so we're all supposed to dress up and attend.  At least there's a reception beforehand with finger foods and wine ...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, that one, Scotty.  I was napping.  Ha.

Damaris

hog4life

I might need to invest in something for Bella, as long as we keep moving though, she doesn't seem to get cold.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - Indian pudding is Native American - called that because it is made with cornmeal and molasses.  Probably a Pilgrim dish since the Indians didn't have either milk or molasses.  Similar to Hasty Pudding.

My run turned out a little more interesting than expected:  we got our first snowflakes of the season.  It was a mixture of rain, snow and sleet, but very light so I didn't get very wet -- just cold.  I followed the run by a HOT shower, large cup of HOT tea, and I'm about to go start a pot of chili.  That should do it.

Brilliant

Haha, I guess he figured the books have been out long enough that there's no spoiler alert needed. Like Shakespeare.  Surely everyone already knows that all the characters in Hamlet end up dead in the final scene!