Beginners and Beyond

"What's up, Doc?" Penguin Thursday (Read 18 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HAPPY THURSDAY!  APRIL 30 IS BUGS BUNNY DAY!

Other Holidays Today

Adopt A Shelter Pet Day

International Jazz Day 

National Honesty Day

Poem In Your Pocket Day  - Initiated in 2002 by the Office of the Mayor, in partnership with the New York City Departments of Cultural Affairs and Education, as part of the city’s National Poetry Month celebration.  People select a poem, carry it with them, and share it with others throughout the day.  In 2008, the Academy of American Poets took the initiative national, encouraging individuals around the country to join in and channel their inner bard. 

Spank Out Day - US

Early rise for 4 before heading to my conference. I'm on the committee that planned it so lots of running around for the next 2 days. I love this venue. Beautiful hotel, swanky room, and wonderful river walk right out the hotel to go for a run. Complete with college rowers in training in their skiffs(?).

Have a great day everyone.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Morning everyone!

I rolled my ass out of bed at 5 AM for 8 miles total with 5x800 on the track, full lap recoveries. Allergies/congestion/not enough sleep finally catching up to me, I didn't want to run super hard today anyway but I don't think my lungs would have let me go any faster if I wanted to. 3:56, 3:52, 3:51, 3:52, 3:49. On the bright side, my RA log tells me I've run 51.2 miles over the last 7 days!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hill work at Fort Sam Houston last night.  Ended up with 4 miles done and kicked hill butt, 4 hills ranging in "up distance" from .3 miles to the longest one being about a half-mile.   Felt really good and the weather was so nice too...sunny, blue skies, about 77 degrees, low dew-point and humidity.   My legs this morning are feeling those hills a bit so today's run/walk will be at a local park where I know there are some nice soft and easy-on-the-legs dirt trails.    One sweet weather day again, too!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Morning Penguins.  3.3 mile lap around the island before work this morning, done.  It was nice and cool this morning which is very unusual for this time of year here.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pens!!!

Where is the conference, Kathleen, KC?

Great miles week Lauren Smile

Enjoy the easy run, Scott.

Glad you got a cool run in, Robert.

Going to try for 2 this afternoon, but DW can't run that short. Ready for 20K on Saturday.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  Another short-ish day for me today.  Probably somewhere in the 3-5 range.  I'm still trying to get my allergies under control.  In happier news DH booked our airline tickets for our summer vacation :-)  10 nights in Paris (with maybe a little side trip via train to another city).  Now I just have to figure out some nice running routes in Paris since I'll be in the beginning of marathon training while we are there.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home today so I had time to run my 13 with 2 X 3 @ MP this morning.  Pilates later.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Our quartet minus one rehearsed last night and went over a lot of little nitpicky things (like how exactly do you say "along"), so hopefully we'll be able to bring that stuff all back again!  Chorus rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!  And supposedly the parts for my AC will come in today and that'll get fixed.  I'm not exactly counting on it, but I'm hoping.

scotty -- we love shelter dogs and Bugs Bunny!!  Rabbit of Seville is one of my faves.

kathleen -- sounds like a great venue for a conference!!

Lauren -- sorry everything is catching up, but woo-hoo for your mileage total!!

Robert -- Sounds like a lovely morning run!!

Jerryb -- Enjoy your short run!!

sapf -- Wow, 10 nights in Paris sounds amazing!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Sneaky Docket!!  Woo-hoo for getting your run done, and have fun at Pilates!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Kathleen, I hope you get some nice scenic runs in during your conference.

Ginny, did you lawn get mowed yesterday??

RD for me.  The top of my foot hurts.  Dr Google says it's either a stress fracture, or I tie my shoes too tightly.  So I'm taking a day off and will try to adjust my shoelaces tomorrow.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Allison - I really hope it isn't a stress fracture -- those can take you out of running for a really long time :/

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

My diagnosis (not that I'm qualified) is that if you can poke it without passing out, it's probably your shoelaces.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

DW and I ran some easy miles last night and it felt ok. Tomorrow is travel day! We are flying to San Francisco and from there we will get a car for the four hour drive up to the hotel/lodge/motel place where we are staying. Even though I can't race it, I am REALLY looking forward to this weekend. I will likely put a few pictures on FB during our trip.

Have a good day.