Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are cool (Read 31 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 5 x 5:00 tempo with 1:00 recoveries.  I was cruising along at 6:30-6:35 intervals when Garmin magically jumped to 7:00 pace the last two intervals  Fuckin asshole device.  Looks like I ran way the hell off track on the Garmin map.  Good run otherwise.

<3

onemile

But it's first come, first served until they fill up the designated number of spots, right?

Yes but I have never heard of anyone with a time getting denied. I think they reserve the right to do so but haven't ever, yet

onemile

I ran 5 x 5:00 tempo with 1:00 recoveries.  I was cruising along at 6:30-6:35 intervals when Garmin magically jumped to 7:00 pace the last two intervals  Fuckin asshole device.  Looks like I ran way the hell off track on the Garmin map.  Good run otherwise.

Garmin's aren't accurate on the track? What??  Cue LRB 

Half Crazy K 2.0

The elevation feature is also not accurate on bridges.

DavePNW

Yes but I have never heard of anyone with a time getting denied. I think they reserve the right to do so but haven't ever, yet

Good to know! In case I can ever seriously run again. I'm trying to think of whether I've mentioned NYCM to DW. She's of the mindset that once I run Boston, I'll ease off on everything. I believe one time I sort of mentioned the NYCM thing under my breath.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And they are chosen before the lottery winners.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nailed my 5K intervals, didn't fall off the TM, and didn't throw up...barely.  And nope, not racing a 5K to see if I can PR again.  Nope.

The fact that it's still feels like 92F and 77 dewpoint has nothing to do with that decision.

Damaris

DavePNW

Hey! Baboon ran the fastest HM in the miles game last week! WOO HOO!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey! Baboon ran the fastest HM in the miles game last week! WOO HOO!

It's funny because my run sucked.

<3

From the Internet.

We finally had good weather for a Wednesday night club workout! 3x mile on the 5K course for our race in 2.5 weeks, ~2 minute standing rest. Splits per coach's stopwatch: 6:43, 6:41, 6:27 and I felt really good (well, you know, as good as you can feel mid-workout). For reference, my mile PR is still 6:27 and 5K PR pace is 6:59. This is gonna be a big fall race season for me!

LRB

Ah yes, I remember him. Whatever happened to that guy? He's probably hanging out with the DaveP who was running BQ times.

#grumpyoldmen

LRB

Grr..

LRB

I had a new MT for tonight's massage, Helena from Poland. She told me she ran for 10 years in Europe, and I almost fell into her arms overcome with joy. lol