Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES have it all - shoes, boots, legs, and abs! (Read 255 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Now I'm the one stuck with that song in my head, LOL!

"sorry"

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wish I had time for personals today, but am running behind at the moment.  A hello and happy Friday to all will have to suffice.

Just 4 miles for me today.  Essentially it should have been a rest day as my weekend mileage will put me over my number for the week, but I have a bit of a streak going so I thought I'd get out anyway.  They were pretty unremarkable and semi-useless miles.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Heidi, Christmas City Classic 5-miler! It will be very festive. Pics will be taken and shared!

Kristin, good idea! I could do an easy two and some strides. I've never done strides the day before a race, but hey, it's not a HM, right? I should be fine!

Jedi-  You registered for the weekly miles game?  In that case, you log your miles once a week.  If you're asking about the 2013 in 2013 game, I'm not entirely sure how that works since it's my first time joining that one and with all the upheaval going on there was some talk about changes.  I'm just going with the flow and assuming I'll figure it out as we go along, lol.  And 3013 in 2013?  Sweet!  I hope you're on my team!  (btw, people can make whatever goals they want, it doesn't have to be 2013.  Though mine is, since I'm hoping to be right about there this year.  : )

April- Are you running a 5k?  I do the 100's because a friend specifically recommended that workout for the day before a 5k. So hopefully it will help you more than a RD would have!

RMTB-  Thank you!  I'm pretty happy with meeting this goal, especially since when the year started, I had originally made a goal of 500, lol.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Pinktastic

Good Morning B&B Friends!

I have been totally swamped at work this week, and they announced that they'll be laying off several thousand of us in January so it's been a fabulous week all around.....   :-(  

This morning, I got in the 5 miles that I was supposed to run on Wednesday.   I can't decide if I'm running tomorrow or not, but I have a HM on Sunday.  Originally,  my plan was to run Wednesday, rest Thursday & Friday and then run 3 easy on Saturday,  but life intervened and I rested Wednesday and Thursday and ran this morning so I don't know what to do tomorrow.   I have hockey tomorrow evening so I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing if I didn't run tomorrow.....   I'm sure you can tell that I'm very indecisive - drives my DH crazy.....

Have a Pinksational Friday!!    And, my your next run be the best yet!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jedi-  You registered for the weekly miles game?  In that case, you log your miles once a week.  If you're asking about the 2013 in 2013 game, I'm not entirely sure how that works since it's my first time joining that one and with all the upheaval going on there was some talk about changes.  I'm just going with the flow and assuming I'll figure it out as we go along, lol.  And 3013 in 2013?  Sweet!  I hope you're on my team!  (btw, people can make whatever goals they want, it doesn't have to be 2013.  Though mine is, since I'm hoping to be right about there this year.  : )

April- Are you running a 5k?  I do the 100's because a friend specifically recommended that workout for the day before a 5k. So hopefully it will help you more than a RD would have!

RMTB-  Thank you!  I'm pretty happy with meeting this goal, especially since when the year started, I had originally made a goal of 500, lol.

I believe that for now, we will be updating our 2013 in 2013 miles in RWOL as in past years, as the admins didn't have sufficient time to prepare for the upheaval.  I assume after 2013 that will change.

jedi, hi!  Which game did you sign up for?

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Kristin, it's a 5-miler. It's my first 5-mile race, so it'll be an instant PR regardless, and I'll be dressed kind of festive so I don't know if I'll be REALLY racing it anyway. We'll see how I feel in the morning. My RP is running it too, so we might just run it for fun together. I'm a little faster in shorter distances than she is.

Sarah, sorry about the bad week. I say see how you feel tomorrow and play it by ear. If you REALLY want to run, go for it, but a day of rest right before a HM (especially considering you ran today) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Good luck on Sunday!!

Code: I didn't realize you had a Saturday race coming up.  That must be one of the last ones for you b/f winter hits!  Good luck.  How bad is it that I have no clue what Tron is...boy stuff...I'm guessing? 

Tron.. yep, boy stuff.  If your boys like light sabers and x-wings, they'll like lightcycles and identity discs.

runmomto3boys

Jedi: You don't have to run 2013.  It can be any #: I'm targeting 2800, but hoping for > 3000.  As far as the weekly game goes, just update your miles every week and you will get assigned to a team.

B-Plus: That shake out is a good way to pad the miles!  I like that approach...that might actually fit in my life too...hmmm.

MBC aka Grumpy Gills: NEMO!  Keep on swimming, girly!  It's all going to pay off eventually.  You know that.  I can't get over how long it's taking you to heal.  I'm hoping you are back to your old self soon, though.  Fx be gone!

Amik: Ohh, I know all too well that grown up definition of "party" when you have a kiddo break  - it's so different from the old days!  Enjoy your time, though.  I'm sorry the run kind of stunk.  Tomorrow will be a better day!

SIAR: Nice job keeping the streak alive!  Well done on the mileage this week too.

April: Good luck on that 5 miler!  I can't wait to hear all about it!

Code: Oh crap.  All I had to do is see that image and know that w/the 3 boys, some Tron education is in my future...teehee!

Yoga donezo.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I'm giving this personals stuff a try...

Gustav: thanks for getting us started and enjoy your gym day.

Weezer: good luck with the TM.

Kay: nevermind the rain, get you some miles done!

BerthaS: good job on the yesterday miles, enjoy your rest day!

Docket BA Rocket: enjoy your evening miles.  Hope you got your donuts and quiet office this morning.

Makk9898: enjoy your rest day.

Robert31320: dude, YOU ROCK!  Nice job on your early morning miles and your music kicks ass!  Cool

Baboon: good luck with the TM miles.

SUS: enjoy the new shoes!

Basya: I hope you are able to make it out tonight.

Lily: enjoy the 10 miles.

Basya (again): I see you made it out, nice job.

RMTB: slacker Big grin  j/k enjoy your rest, you've earned it.  We expect plenty of craft pics this evening on FB.

Dtothe2nd: nice job on the 8.

Kristin: nice job on the 5 and moreso on the 1,000!  Hope the knee is nothing.

B-Plus: good morning.

c0derunner: enjoy the rest and good luck tomorrow.

lilac: enjoy the TM.

jedi: welcome our home away from home and nice job on the bike and other miles.

weezer (again): enjoy the coffee and nice job on the TM success.

April: enjoy the DD and the gym.

scotty:  nice job on the miles and good luck in your race(s) this weekend.

RMTB (again): happy birthday ti the big boy.  Pictures of the cake please.

AmiK: nice job fighting through and getting it done.

B-Plus (again): nice job.

MBC: happy JEANS day!

Kay (again): don't keep the song stuck in your head, sing OUT LOUD! Smile

SIAR: no 4 miles are useless.  Nice job.

Pink: layoff is sucky news, hope you don't caught in that.  Nice job getting the miles done.

I sure hope no one gets offended by me not doing this daily.  My hat is off to those of you that do it daily!!!  Thanks for the effort you put into it.

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

4 very cold, very wet miles done.  That should rack up some points in the winter running contest.  I also got a collective cheer from the ladies working out in the gym when I came back in from my run.  That felt good.  The hot shower felt better.  I'm like Jell-o now.

Do you even run?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I believe that for now, we will be updating our 2013 in 2013 miles in RWOL as in past years, as the admins didn't have sufficient time to prepare for the upheaval.  I assume after 2013 that will change.

jedi, hi!  Which game did you sign up for?

DR - just the regular mileage one so far. 2013 I'll have that by August/Sept.Smile Shooting for 3000 in 2013 after a subpar running year imo this year due to various ailments.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Baboon

delicate flower

Someone brought cannolis in.  400 calories of goodness.  I win Friday.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Heidi, thanks!  I feel like a broken record too, posting the same 8 mile run all week lol  I love my 8 miler tho, could probably run it with my eyes closed (some mornings I think they still are!), my feet just go on autopilot.  I've always been a creature of habit, never get tired of repeating certain things. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Someone brought cannolis in.  400 calories of goodness.  I win Friday.

You win. /thread  Love cannolis.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!