Beginners and Beyond

Where Are All the SUNDAILIES? (Read 54 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

I did forty push-ups. In about an hour, I'll head out for ten miles. (Damned taper, I want to do MORE.) Later today, I'll head to the gym for weights and ab work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I slacked and did only 10 miles this morning.  Will do the rest tonight.  For some reason I couldn't handle the stupid sun and 70 dewpoint.  Bah.

I forgot to mention that for the first time, I did shoulder presses at 17.5lbs each, which is a new PB for me (35lbs).

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Heading out for 6 damp and drizzly miles.

outoftheblue

Happy Sundailies everyone

I'm going to hit the gym later for some elliptical and weights and may do a mile or so at recovery pace on the treadmill.   This morning I need to mulch the corn and green beans and harvest the collard greens -- which grew like crazy these past two weeks -- and then blanch, bag and freeze them.     They are better fresh, but we can only eat so many of them at one time.

Basya -- Ah the onset of taper madness.  Enjoy the easy miles!

Damaris -- Nice job on the weights.

April -- Enjoy running in the rain.  I always find it hard to get out the door when it's damp, but usually end up really  enjoying those runs.

Life is good.

Morning, dailies:

Basya - have a good 10, don't let the taper madness get ya too badly

D - hope it's less humid for you tonight

April - enjoy the rain

OOTB - mm, collard greens.  That and some BBQ would be delicious.

Heading out for a LR after doing some housework.  Pretty pumped that next Sunday is the Buffalo Marathon -- I volunteered to help with traffic control and am still waiting to get final instructions from the coordinator.

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- Embrace the taper ... that's my suggestion. Big grin

Docket_Rocket- Nice job on the 10 miles in spite of the 70 DP. Hope things work out OK for your day and you get in that double this evening.

AprilRunner- Hope you had a nice 6 miles in the rain - I actually really enjoy rain runs as long as they're not freezing rain.

outoftheblue- It sounds like you have a busy day of gardening ahead of you today.

I have somewhere between 5-10 miles on the schedule for today after church, though the temps are supposed to climb to the mid 80's. Our DP isn't quite as bad as Docket's (high 60s) but I'm still not used to the warmer temps so I'll take things nice and easy during today's run.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I have a hike planned later, other than that mostly taking it easy.

Basya- No too much longer for you!

D- Congrats on the PB for shoulder presses

April- Hope the miles are as enjoyable as they are damp.

OOTB- Sounds like your garden is coming along nicely!  I only have a small space, but I do lettuce and radishes at least ready.

Shir- That's great that you're volunteering.  I hope you have a good time next week!

Bruce- Hope the run in the heat goes well!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!  It's not that I couldn't handle; it's that I couldn't handle it for 2 more hours, LOL.

April, enjoy your 6.

Basya, good jon on the pushups.  Enjoy your run.

outoftheblue, enjoy the gym.

Shirfan, enjoy your LR.

Bruce, good job taking it easy.  The DP never feels easy (there is no acclimating) but at least in a couple of months we will feel better?

Z, enjoy the hike.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

6 miles done. It wasn't bad - just a very light drizzle the entire time. I saw 3 other runners out. 42.5 miles to end my first marathon training week - a personal best.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hello everyone!

DH and I got back home from our vacation yesterday evening. We had a blast. It was my first cruise and my first visit to the Bahamas. I took a break from running for the most part. I jogged a bit on a track on top of the ship which was a whole new experience! I swam, kayaked, and did a lot of walking as well as a lot of nothing! Big grin

I'm about to head out to pick up our sweet dog and then plan some easy miles later today.

i hope all of you are well and are having a nice Sunday!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

10K finished. Wasn't pretty but it's done. Rained. ITBS reared its ugly head. Missed my A and B goals but with the low mileage I've had the past 3 weeks I am not surprised. Did PR at least though 1:05:02 unofficial.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

It was a long, but quick, trip the last two days, with 800 miles of driving round-trip, plus 26.2 miles of running in the middle.

Fargo turned hot, which took a toll, and while my final time was actually very close to what I thought was realistic, it was with a monster positive split and very rough last 10 miles. Final time was 4:32:56, while I had hoped for something between 4:15 and 4:30. The first half felt great running with Dian around a 9:30 pace, but the sun and humidity, plus being undertrained, took a toll. Luckily, while my hip flexor did hurt off and on through the run, today it, my ankle and my troublesome glute/back all fee fine. I'm mostly just tired and sunburnt.
                            A more detailed RR sometime later. Take care, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is awesome, Shari, considering the tough conditions.  Good job!

Kristin, congrats on the PR notwithstanding the issues.

Damaris

Morning all!

Did 21.3 miles at 8:55 pace. Much faster than my usual LR pace, but felt great today. Finished it with mile 20 at 8:35, mile 21 at 8:10. If only today was race day!

I made a pot of coffee when I got up, so it would be ready for DW who was not up yet when I went out. Of course she did not imagine I would have done that, since I usually go out pretty quickly. So ut of habit she made another pot on top of the mostly-full one, and it overflowed all over the place. Glad I was not there for it, I think it ended up being somehow my fault.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Dave