Beginners and Beyond

Where Are All the SUNDAILIES? (Read 54 times)

DavePNW

I ate 1.5 waffles for breakfast an hour ago and am still hungry. Good thing it's almost lunch time.

I had a couple frozen waffles before my LR today, I am going to give them credit for giving me just the right amount of carbs for a good run. I was inspired by these guys, who really know how to carbo load.

Dave

LRB

For the record, he's the one sleep on the couch right now Big grin

lmao!

tinman11

URD for me today - thunderstorms rolling through, and I really don't want to get struck by lightening. Just getting over a pretty heavy head/chest cold also, which seemed to peak yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good today, but I think it's wise to give it one more day before I start pushing the mileage again.

That same thing hit me and hung around for about 3 weeks after the Chickamauga Chase.  It really put me behind on weekly miles.

This was my first decent week since.

When I saw the forecast at 5:00 am today, I knew I had to get out the door immediately.  Went from mm 2.25 to the dam, down to mm 4, then back to my car just as the lightning began.

Better get plenty of rest.  I had a rough time getting better this time.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

22.1. Very pleased. Another run with no stops. That is huge for me. Less than 3 weeks until next marathon.

Marjorie

LRB

22.1. Very pleased. Another run with no stops. That is huge for me. Less than 3 weeks until next marathon.

Awesome!  You carry your spinach in a can or ziplock baggie?   Cool

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Your mileage is MINDBOGGLING to me.  Kudos!  I wish I could do that without getting injured... that's like how much I run in a week.

Guess we're all different!

Today I took a URD.  I've been feeling really sick to my stomach and when I got to the gym I just did foam rolling and mobility work.  My hamstrings are still sore! yikes. even though I got a deep tissue massage yesterday.  So the plan is that tomorrow will be extra awesome and I'll try a sprint workout BEFORE I lift.  Smile

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Feel better, scap.

Your mileage is MINDBOGGLING to me.  Kudos!  I wish I could do that without getting injured... that's like how much I run in a week.

Guess we're all different!

Today I took a URD.  I've been feeling really sick to my stomach and when I got to the gym I just did foam rolling and mobility work.  My hamstrings are still sore! yikes. even though I got a deep tissue massage yesterday.  So the plan is that tomorrow will be extra awesome and I'll try a sprint workout BEFORE I lift.  Smile

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

When I saw the forecast at 5:00 am today, I knew I had to get out the door immediately.  Went from mm 2.25 to the dam, down to mm 4, then back to my car just as the lightning began.

You were getting out to run just as I was driving home from work. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

DavePNW

You're a machine! What's your race?

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon played sherpa today for oski and I while we did our first duathlon (another story).

For the record, he's the one sleep on the couch right now Big grin

That was a good nap.  Sherpaing is tough work.

Going to pedal the spin bike now.

'Morning!!

<3

Damaris, brava on doing even ten miles in your weather. Congratulations on your dumbbell press PR!

AprilRunner, great six-miler. Congratulations on your weekly mileage PB!

outoftheblue, enjoy gardening. Have fun lifting, using the elliptical, and serving time on the TM.

Jay, have a pleasant LR.

BruceD555, I hope that the five to ten miles are comfortable.

Zelanie, enjoy your hike.

Nicole, I'm glad that you had a fun vacation with DH. Have a pleasant easy run.

kristin10185, congratulations on your 10K PR. I hope that the ITBS skedaddles soon.

Shari, congratulations on finishing Fargo!

DaveP MI, terrific 21.5.

Ric-G, have a wonderful run.

Brrrrrrr, enjoy cross-training with the household repairs.

Rick, awesome job, running twelve with a hangover.

Tom, feel well soon.

tinman11, excellent eight in unexcellent conditions.

Marjorie, amazing 22.1. I want thy endurance.

scappodaqui, feel well soon.

Phil, enjoy spinning.

Ten miles in 1:33:22. 9:21 pace. It sucked. 67F and 55% humidity. HTF does Damaris do it? Please, G-d, take the humidity down a couple of notches between 6:30 and 9:00 next Sunday morning.

I napped for two hours. I'm heading to the gym. I think that I'll chase my planned one set of each weight training exercise with Thursday's planned twenty-seven minutes of cardio, so I may do Friday's run on Thursday. After being so fast during this past Friday's run, I plan to take two days off before the HM.

Zel - have a good hike

HL - glad the vacay was fun

Kristin - PR running through ITBS?  Niiice.

Step - looking forward to the RR

DaveP - nice job, those effortless LR's are such fun.  I'm actually excited just to help out at the race.  Last year I went and cheered in a "bad" part of town knowing that runners would want support around mile 22.  It was touching how many said thank you for being there.

Ric-G - have fun in the pool

April - .5 too few waffles

D - beans, beans, good for the heart...

Rick - heh.  glad you got your run in

Tom - enjoy the rest, hope you feel better

MBC - so how'd the race go?

tinman - good that you got done before the storm

marjorie - nice mileage

scap - rumor has it that Taco Bell will clear out all GI problems in a jiffy.

basya - have a good workout

19.1 today and I can use the word "hot" to describe the weather, woohoo! Smile  7.6 GA, 7.6 MP, and the rest at recovery pace after shedding my shirt for the first time this year.  Seems like last week that it was snowing. Oh yeah... it was last week.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dave Race is Hatfield and McCoy on June 8th

LRB nah. I wish it would make me faster. I'm super slow

Scap we all are different. I've been blessed to be able to run for a long time. Just slower than a turtle. But I'm okay. Just doing it is important to me.

Basya thanks. I want to be able o do your push-ups. I can do a few real ones but not tons. Girls ones I could o a boat load but regular maybe 10 to 15.

Marjorie

LRB

LRB nah. I wish it would make me faster. I'm super slow

I will still take you on my team!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I will still take you on my team!

Aw. Shucks. Thanks.

Marjorie