Beginners and Beyond

As these things go; FriDAILIES! (Read 34 times)

Zelanie

Yes, she could choke and die FFS.

Hope the traffic was better today.  It took us 7 hours to get through Washington yesterday! 

Little Blue

We are horrible parents who set a bad example for our child. 

Wherein lies the problem?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh. First my dad tells me his kidneys might be failing, and then my husband tells me he was not allowed to donate blood because his current hemoglobin is 10.  What the fuck?  I am drinking tonight.

Damaris

DavePNW

So you'll be able to sleep 12 hours at a time, instead of 10?  That must be a relief.

lol

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Speaking of which, I just woke up from a nap.  Headed to the lake in a few minutes for a swim.

<3

DavePNW

So I have two race options on Sunday:

#1 - 9:00 AM. This is the one which does not post official times or AG placings, only recognizes top 3 OA M/F finishers

#2 - 3:30 PM. Posts official times & has AG awards.

This would normally be a no-brainer except for the weather - probably 15-20 degrees difference in race-time temperature. Should I worry about this for 5k? It will be hotter than normal this weekend, only by Seattle standards, but still maybe pushing 90.

Comments?

Dave

Zelanie

I wouldn't trust the course for #1. It would be worth it only if you are racing somebody in the race, IMO.

So the only real question is are the conditions for #2 tolerable. Is there much shade?

Also, how is the house hunt going?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So I have two race options on Sunday:

#1 - 9:00 AM. This is the one which does not post official times or AG placings, only recognizes top 3 OA M/F finishers

#2 - 3:30 PM. Posts official times & has AG awards.

This would normally be a no-brainer except for the weather - probably 15-20 degrees difference in race-time temperature. Should I worry about this for 5k? It will be hotter than normal this weekend, only by Seattle standards, but still maybe pushing 90.

Comments?

I'd skip them both and look for something next weekend.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

I wouldn't trust the course for #1. It would be worth it only if you are racing somebody in the race, IMO.

So the only real question is are the conditions for #2 tolerable. Is there much shade?

Also, how is the house hunt going?

I have not seen the course maps, but there is probably a good chance they are the same route, since they are in the same location. It is in a park, so maybe some tree cover but really no idea.

Things are finally falling into place on the move. Old house is under contract, inspection completed, closing late July. New house also under contract, just had inspection this morning & we only found a few things that should not be major issues; close date is set for a few days after the MI house. Now just need all the dominoes to fall properly.

Dave

LRB

Things are finally falling into place on the move. Old house is under contract, inspection completed, closing late July. New house also under contract, just had inspection this morning & we only found a few things that should not be major issues; close date is set for a few days after the MI house. Now just need all the dominoes to fall properly.

Great news. Will your new name be DaveP 12? lol

Not sure about the races, you must be pretty excited to see what you can throw up though.  No pun intended. 

DavePNW

I'd skip them both and look for something next weekend.

Looks like a few options next weekend. One of them is being run at midnight, so I'm thinking not. Another one is called "Run for the Pies"; top 3 in each AG win one. That sounds pretty interesting although it's an hour away and I'm probably too lazy to travel that far for a 5k.

Dave

Zelanie

Wherein lies the problem?

You aren't allowed to buy or even bring them into the US.

Dave, that's good news on the house front. Tough to wait for everything to be settled, I bet.

My vote is for pie.

Little Blue

I have not seen the course maps, but there is probably a good chance they are the same route, since they are in the same location. It is in a park, so maybe some tree cover but really no idea.

You did well.  DH does repairs on homes under contract, and some of the inspection reports he gets run 60+ pages!  Of course this includes pictures, but still.

DavePNW

You did well.  DH does repairs on homes under contract, and some of the inspection reports he gets run 60+ pages!  Of course this includes pictures, but still.

Yeah I've heard horror stories, and we've had a lot worse ourselves. Actually the report on the house we sold was 55 pages (including pictures), although they only ended up asking for about a half dozen relatively minor things. We took care of a couple of the easier ones, then just gave them $500 for rest. Definitely an easier way out. The new house is only 12 years old, so we didn't expect too many issues.

Dave

B-Plus

I was looking into one of those races!