Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Who's Frozen in Place? (Read 49 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.   Even the San Antonio weather is crazy.  28 freakin' degrees this morning!  Very unusual for us!  Supposed to be like that several mornings this week, with our highs only in the 50s for the days.    However, we don't get the ice or snow like you folks do, so I should still be able get my running in after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Uhhh, it's almost 60 degrees.  WTH?  Not that I'm complaining but the rain and muck from melting snow is making sort of a mess out there.

Yesterday my legs felt like lead weights, so I'm not sure if I should take a rest day today or get on the spin bike after work.   I had 23 miles last week, which is my highest total in forever and a day.

LRB

I had 23 miles last week, which is my highest total in forever and a day.

Yay!

animated dancing banana emoticon  animated dancing banana emoticon  animated dancing banana emoticon

LRB

How 'bout them Chargers Mike!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone!

Oski and Baboon - we had your weather yesterday. It was 60 and rainy. Now we have snow, and it's about 15. The temp will get down to around 2 tonight which is rare down this way. It's also very windy. I'm cozy with my coffee and oatmeal at the moment.

Kristin - so glad you got clearance to exercise. I know that's got to feel great.

DH wants to run/work out today so we'll take it to the Y when he gets home from work. Hopefully the frigid weather will keep the crowds away.

Everyone in the path of this mess, stay warm and safe! I hope everyone has a great day!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Barely 2 inches here, what a storm.....? But I do feel sorry for the ones who are dealing with the snow, all we're feeling is -2 degrees, windchill  of -21 and 14 mph winds. Probably the coldest here in years, I feel so sorry for the pets that are forced to be outside in this crap Sad

No running today, lots of bicycle crunches though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  RD and back to work for me for the first time in forever!  Stay warm!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is awesome, Oski!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I can play this game! It's -23 with a wind chill currently at -47. Places north of me have wind chills in the -50s. Obviously I didn't run outside, but I did get in 6 on the TM. Today marks the start of my FM training. Just in time too, I gained 4 lbs in the last month.

- Andrew

MothAudio

How 'bout them Chargers Mike!

We're playing much better now then when you gave away several games early in the season. But it's really more a case of becoming familar with the scheme their new coach implemented than anything else - like emphasizing the run [196 yards yesterday], working the clock, taking pressure off Rivers to be the hero every week. Having a rookie WR blossom didn't hurt either [and they have a future super star @ TE who caught a TD yesterday]. We beat the Broncos once and we're playing with house money so little pressure on us.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

DavePNW

I can play this game! It's -23 with a wind chill currently at -47.

You win lose!

MTA: We are supposed to get tomorrow morning what you & Shari have, although not quite as bad: -10F temp/-40 windchill. (Note: at -40, deg F = deg C, so no need to specify!)

They have now gone ahead & officially closed our office for the whole day. Not that I was planning to go anywhere.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Weather.com says it is currently -20*, feels like -*44, here, which is about 10 degrees warmer than they were predict panicking about all weekend. Not that I am going to go out there anyway.

I was going to go to the Y this morning, but DS was up several times in the night again, and when the alarm went off at 4:30, I didn't have the willpower to do it. So today's workout will be a series of stair intervals with strength training in between (ex: 3 minutes on the stairs - 20 pushups - 3 min stairs - 50 crunches - 3 min stairs - 20 squats ...). Better than nothing. And maybe a yoga video. The rest of the day will depend on whether DS still has the fever he was running yesterday.

Stay safe and warm, runners!

(Or for D - stay cool!)

Improvised circuit workout at home:
                          10x3 minutes up and down the stairs.

In between stair sets:

push-ups x20;

crisscross crunches x20;

plank rowsx10/side;

3-way squats (narrow, regular, plie)x10 each side;

bicep curls into shoulder press x 20;

hip bridge/dipsx30;

reverse fliesx20;

around the clock lunges (straight ahead, 1 o’clock, 3 o’clock, straight behind)x10 each side;

tricep kickbacks x20;

and then more crunches and planks.

My muscles are shaking, even though the weight was minimal – I was just using my 10 lb dumbbells. Of course, I haven't done any strength training since Thanksgiving.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris Floridians are going to be in fur coats, balaclavas, snow boots, ear muffs....wish I could see it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

I can play this game! It's -23 with a wind chill currently at -47. Places north of me have wind chills in the -50s. Obviously I didn't run outside, but I did get in 6 on the TM. Today marks the start of my FM training. Just in time too, I gained 4 lbs in the last month.

Been there, done that most of last week Smile

We are having a heat wave today. It was 23 yesterday and an amazingly warm (for us at this

time of year) 28 today. I ran 7.5 miles yesterday and even though it's pouring buckets and

supposed to be freezing rain later I still might run just because it's so darn warm out.

Back to the deep freeze tomorrow. Sad

LRB

Barely 2 inches here, what a storm.....

It took me two hours to shovel my driveway and front walk, and I am no slouch.  Oh, and in case anyone is curious, do not try to blow a double snot rocket simultaneously, it could get ugly.  lmao