Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #40 (Read 27 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I'm about to be an idiot and head out to this group run. Hope I don't end up regretting it...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

#40, aka the amount of weight in should loose😛

3 stream grade, mostly elevated a bit

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 8 with strides tonight.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Did 12 today for new “longest run in a while.”  Decent pace, roads were clear of snow, 25 degrees, no wind. Nice morning.

3rd week in a row in mid-40 miles. Hammy/butt issues lingering but still at bay.  Pretty pleased with that.

Pigging out on refrigerator leftovers now! Best part!

Cyberic

Had a great LR today. The 21 inches of snow fell Friday, so they had time yesterday to clear the short loop in the botanical garden.

Ran 18 miles with 4 x (2 km / 400m). 2 km is 1.24 miles, and 400m is pretty much .25 miles. Paces on the 2 Ks were (7:00, 7:15), (6:55, 7:00), (6:34, 6:38), (6:23, 6:15).Was following Denis, and did not press lap button myself. Didn't really know what the workout would be. Got the splits from his log. Then, for the rest of the run I was in the Easy-Moderate range as opposed to the Easy-Recovery range. Sidewalks weren't as nice as the garden, so paces are slower, but all good, really.

81 miles for a satisfying week. I ran more than that last week, but I was not nailing my runs and was really struggling. This week, I nailed everything I did, and had a little head room at the end, which is good considering I still have 14 weeks to go and I want to pick up on the workouts.

I just have to be careful with that groin, and with a little luck I can make it to the May marathon in pretty good marathon shape, even if training in the winter.

bluerun

Super B****

Well, that was fun!

I'm glad I went, actually... there wasn't a huge group, and not everyone was running the same distances, but it all worked out pretty well and nobody ended up stranded. I did a little over 16, which is less than I had in mind, but it was also a bit slower than I'd probably have run on my own so time wise, it ended up being pretty much equal. What I am not glad about is that this nap I attempted to take didn't work out, and I will now be a zombie for the rest of the day. I can only hope this means I will be able to sleep well tonight, but, like... HA.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

10 miles that I unintentionally sped up toward the end. Feeling good after racing yesterday.

Has anyone tried the Ghost 12s yet?

onemile

Yeah.  They feel slightly wider, slightly firmer and slightly more stable... initially I preferred the 11's but after running in them for awhile, they're fine. I don't really mind.  (Dicks had some of the ugliest ones on sale for $75 awhile back)

DavePNW

Just started on a new pair of the 10s yesterday! 

Dave

sdWhiskers

Yeah.  They feel slightly wider, slightly firmer and slightly more stable... initially I preferred the 11's but after running in them for awhile, they're fine. I don't really mind.  (Dicks had some of the ugliest ones on sale for $75 awhile back)

Are you wearing the same size as previous versions?

onemile

Are you wearing the same size as previous versions?

yes

bluerun

Super B****

Considering I still have a pair of 5s going... (I should retire those. But I have one pair each of 6-11 active too, so I think I can hold off on the 12 until the 13 is available.)

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Considering I still have a pair of 5s going... (I should retire those. But I have one pair each of 6-11 active too, so I think I can hold off on the 12 until the 13 is available.)

Impressive!

I bought too many of the 11s (cheap though) and am bored with the poor color choices.

bluerun

Super B****

Impressive!

I bought too many of the 11s (cheap though) and am bored with the poor color choices.

Brooks is TERRIBLE with colors. I don't need the Levitate 3 yet (still working my way through the 1 and 2!) but the colors are so snooze worthy, I want to cry.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree that the 12s are firmer. I still don’t know if I like them. Have run in them three times. 

Snow showers just dumped 1” of snow. Now it’s raining. My run should be fun. Hoping for no ice.

Damaris