Beginners and Beyond

NRR - unless you want to run in Texas, of course. Anyone need a job and willing to move to Texas? (Read 81 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Apparently my State is booming, business-wise...

Story: Texas a behemoth in its recover;  Lawmakers get an update on the state of the Texas economy. - Texas’ economy continues to outpace the country as a whole — in job growth, in employment and in personal income, resulting in the possibility of a tax decrease for businesses.   If Texas were its own country, Texas Comptroller Chief Revenue Estimator John Heleman said, it would be the 12th largest in the world, behind Canada and ahead of Australia. “The Texas economy is continuing down the same path,” Heleman said. “The Texas economy continues to have recovered from recession and is expanding to outperform the United States economy.”   The Texas real gross state product grew $1.38 trillion, a 4.4 percent increase in fiscal year 2013 over the previous year — compared with 2 percent growth for the United States as a whole, he said. Texas had 11.55 million jobs in June 2014, an increase of 19,100 jobs over May and a gain of 371,000 jobs compared with June 2013.   That put the job gain from the year before at 3.3 percent compared with 1.8 percent growth in the United States. http://www.timesrecordnews.com/business/texas-economy-humming-could-get-84-billion-for-rainy-day_03182120

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

Texas has run ads on TV here in Maryland touting the much more business friendly environment & why Marylanders should move there. I think they ran them after our wonderful governor won re-election.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Rick Perry has made several big trips to CA "recruiting" businesses.  If I could land a job and convince the family, I would be there in two seconds.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Rick Perry has made several big trips to CA "recruiting" businesses.  If I could land a job and convince the family, I would be there in two seconds.

And I would welcome you!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The problem with Texas is that's where all of the Texans live.

You people have issues 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Unless you live in:

Austin - Californians

Dallas - Northerners

Houston - dunno bunch of crazies

rest of us yeah... or long term transplants.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Unless you live in:

Austin - Californians

Dallas - Northerners

Houston - dunno bunch of crazies

rest of us yeah... or long term transplants.

San Antonio - lots of retired military folks and active duty, so from all over the US.  Most of us are not native Texans.   Well, I guess after living her now for 20 years, I'm almost native...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Great for business, the people not so much.

Course San Antonio was voted the 6th friendliest city in the US.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This.  

We love San Antonio, just not sure I want to move from one furnace to another. 

Damaris

PADRunner

This.  

We love San Antonio, just not sure I want to move from one furnace to another. 

Come to Dallas where you can get both extremes, 0-110. Maybe on the same day.

LRB

I seem to remember a similar boon in the Longhorn state during the 80's.

I took my first trip there last year while driving dear daughter #3 to Houston and the one thing that stuck with me was how nice and welcoming everyone was.

It was universal no matter what town or city we were in, just very nice people....well, at least the ones I interacted with.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Come to Dallas where you can get both extremes, 0-110. Maybe on the same day.

If that was supposed to convince me, you are doing it wrong!

Damaris

LRB

If that was supposed to convince me, you are doing it wrong!

It would be a cold day in hell before I move to a southern state, pun intended!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

It would be a cold day in hell before I move to a southern state, pun intended!

All the nice folks turn you off...

LRB

All the nice folks turn you off...

Nope, it is strictly heat related.  I have loathed hot weather ever since I was a yute.  Summer is just not my cup of tea, I am a fall, spring and winter guy (in no particular order).

That said I had a blast when visiting South Beach in July the two times I did that, but I could not live there year 'round.