Beginners and Beyond

What, is it too cold to start the Saturdailies? (Read 51 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats Jay! That;s a super impressive time.

75 minutes on the treadmill wearing my purple & black. I had some errands to run that I kept putting off during the week, who wants to go out in single digits, so by the time I finished, didn't have enough time to run outside & watch the start of the Ravens game.

workinprogress11

Jay, congratulations!  2:41 is ridiculous. In a good way. Way to win!!

6 treadmill miles again for me.

Visual evidence:

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Hip Redux

Breaking the tape with the 'stache.   #toocoolforschool

delicate flower

I am really looking forward to hearing about the swag Jay won!  Smile

<3

delicate flower

From a local news website:

<3

B-Plus

This calls for 26.2 dancing bananas.

Also, those splits are a thing a beauty!

B-Plus

HOLY CRAP!!!

2:41

Are you kidding me???

Wait, wtf?!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wow Jay, lookin good while kickin ass Smile

You don't look even the least bit tired at all, way to go!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Huge congrats Jay!!! I'm not going to bother posting about my run group run today lol. Fuk-Q (sorry, couldn't resist typing it like that ) the next big goal?

on my way to badass

WTG Jay!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Thank you all!

Preliminary, bare-bones RR --

-It was cold, but calm and sunny.  My hands were so numb that I couldn't open a gel, and had to tear it apart with my teeth.

-There were a *ton* of hills, as advertised.  (A cold, hilly race in Mississippi, not what most would envision.)

-

- The half, quarter, relays and full simul-started, but the front of the corral was surprisingly not a sardine can.  I started about 4-5 rows back and had no trouble dropping everyone who needed to be dropped within a 1/4 mile.  Around 3 miles, I was running next to a relay guy who gave me invaluable information.  "That guy way up there is HM, and there are two guys gaining on us who are 2:40-something runners.  Good luck."  More about them, and really racing other runners (not the clock) for the first time in the marathon, in the full TLBig grinR report.

-For much of the teens, I had little hope of winning, with one guy out front and one quite a ways behind.  I was trailing by at least a couple hundred yards at times.  More on the mental games later too, but in short, a little voice told me "Shit can happen to folks after 20. Don't slow down."

- Up that hill at 22 (which doesn't look like the biggest on the graph, but OMG it was the worst) my man started to fade.  When I passed him, I purposely said nothing so as to not reveal any cards.  But at that moment, I knew it was in my hands and out of his.

-The rest was a blur, continuing to motor through slow halfers, with a cyclist trying to clear the way for me.  There was a banner stretched (don't trip and fall!) and a small crowd of media, microphones, cameras.

A real RR to come once I'm home.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

From a local news website:

That is the coolest!

Just popped in to see if Jay posted. Can't wait to read the full report. Really impressive stuff. Congratulations!

happylily

Those pics sent shivers down my spine! So cool!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010