Beginners and Beyond

Guess what DAILIES it is (Read 37 times)

LRB

I have not changed that part since I first wrote it.

I must have taper delirium!  lol

Say, where the hell has Kris been?

LRB

I ran 20 Saturday, 20 Sunday, 11 Monday and 9 with hills last night...

Ho.  Lee.  Shit.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Got my 8 in. It was windy as hell, but I guess it's good for me. I guess. Part of the greenway goes by a concrete processor. I don't want to know how much concrete dust I inhaled. At least it wasn't cold.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies, and happy HUMP day!

Well, after Saturday's 15k, I finally had my recovery run today. Smile

3 miles, uneventful, easy pace. Knee felt fine, unlike the enormous stiffness I had Monday while driving home from Jacksonville. Things are starting to get back to normal with the legs. Calves are still tight, but reasonable. Some adductor muscle pains yet, but all in all, I'm feeling pretty good. I'll be back out there again Friday.

Got to the Eye doctor today and am enjoying the aftereffects of having my eyes dilated. Everything's too bright and blurry. But the exam went OK so I'm good for a couple more years, I guess.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

21.1 done.  The supposed-to-be-MP portion wasn't.  Grr.  (I'll pretend to blame the combo of brisk headwind and uphill for 14-19, but I struggled and it sucked.)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ho.  Lee.  Shit.

Leave her be.  She is training for an ultra, so she is going a bit crazy, I am sure.  Because if she is training for a marathon, she is definitely crazy and I shall rescind my title of whatever Dave called me.

Damaris

LRB

Leave her be.  She is training for an ultra, so she is going a bit crazy, I am sure.  Because if she is training for a marathon, she is definitely crazy and I shall rescind my title of whatever Dave called me.

What?

happylily

What?

Make that two what...

I'm training for a marathon. I have always trained, and always will train, for that distance. Other distances are just leftovers to me. I reheat and eat. No special preparation for them. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I'm training for a marathon.

That is what I figured.

That four day mileage total is incredible!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Make that two what...

I'm training for a marathon. I have always trained, and always will train, for that distance. Other distances are just leftovers to me. I reheat and eat. No special preparation for them. 

Then, yes, I agree with LRB. You are crazy! 

Damaris

happylily

That is what I figured.

That four day mileage total is incredible!

Obviously not part of the plan. I run better on weekends than I do after work, that's all.

I ended up not running today. Nothing wrong with my legs and I'm not feeling particularly tired. But mentally, I'm drained. I hate that this plan is forcing me to run 7 days a week. I hate being told what to do, EVERY DAY! That's how I ended up with two 20s last weekend, I skipped a weekday recovery run for a rest day instead, and made up for it on Saturday.

Do you people ever get angry at your training plan? Do you ever think: F**ck you running, today I'm a couch potato and I don't give a damn what you think about it? Sometimes, I feel like I'm no longer in control of my running, it's the running controlling me. That's not acceptable to me. So I have to become creative with my training and then, that gives me a feeling of being in charge once again. I should be a sport psychologist. Or I need one. One of the two. 

LRB

Do you people ever get angry at your training plan?

No, because I wrote it.  I am not at the stage where I want to follow a plan, and probably never will be.  I prefer doing my own thing, it just works for me.

I wish you well though!

happylily

No, because I wrote it.  I am not at the stage where I want to follow a plan, and probably never will be.  I prefer doing my own thing, it just works for me.

I wish you well though!

It doesn't matter if Dick, Rick or Pfitz wrote the plan. If you follow one, even your own, you're a slave. Freedom is deciding at the last minute how you really feel like running. I know it's not smart training, but sometimes, it feels so damn good to break the rules. Run that LR all at MP! Run that 11 miler with tempo miles all at HM pace! It's fun! You're tired now? Then never mind that stupid boring recovery run and watch a movie instead while eating ice cream. That's what I do with my "canned" plans. I can them. 

DavePNW

It doesn't matter if Dick, Rick or Pfitz wrote the plan. If you follow one, even your own, you're a slave. Freedom is deciding at the last minute how you really feel like running. I know it's not smart training, but sometimes, it feels so damn good to break the rules. Run that LR all at MP! Run that 11 miler with tempo miles all at HM pace! It's fun! You're tired now? Then never mind that stupid boring recovery run and watch a movie instead while eating ice cream. That's what I do with my "canned" plans. I can them. 

Well whatever you're doing, or not doing, it seems to work for you.

Dave