Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Unreal!!!

I had my ipad on my desk today watching the finish and people at work came in after lunch today asking me if I knew what insanity had happened at Boston.

I'm like, "What??"

"Bombs went off!!!"

I could not believe my eyes.  I pulled up the articles right away & saw one of the explosions.  That is horrible!!!

Glad to hear so many from here are ok, but sad for those injured or dead.  That is absolutely ridiculous!!!  What evil!

Randy

From the Internet.

Jesus fuck. What the hell is wrong with people??

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Has anyone heard from nickshawn? He was supposed to be there today.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Race  Clock  was at 4:09Tight lippedx when it happened.

the race clock and the clock on that link are unrelated i think.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

I saw a video of the course and the clock on the couse said 4:08-4:09 when the explosion happened and some runners fell.

the race clock and the clock on that link are unrelated i think.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The shock is turning to rage.  Just wondering what piece of shit is responsible for this...

Rubybaby43

enabler

OMG I am so thankful for all of you who are safe!!  I hope we hear from or about everyone we know very soon!

My thoughts are with everyone involved in this tragedy.  It saddens and angers me.

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

The shock is turning to rage.  Just wondering what piece of shit is responsible for this...

Yes...same here.  I'm growing increasingly angry about this.  Cowards!!

KLO

more miles = more beer

One2Run

One of my good friends crossed the line at 4:01Tight lippedx  just heard from him that he is ok. I echo the sadness at the loss of life, injury, and what has been taken away from these athletes.

I've missed you guys.  This pregnancy turned complicated and I haven't been running (much to my sorrow).

But I had to hurry here and check in on our Boston runners.  This is absolutely devastating.  Praying that everyone we know is okay.  And for those who aren't.

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

Minute by minute updates can be watched here.  The latest report is that the last mile was dedicated to the victims of Sandy Hook elementary and families were seated in a VIP section at the finish line.  Dear God.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/live-updates-explosion-near-boston-marathon-finish-line-192213861.html

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

Hip Redux

My family is from Boston and went to school in Cambridge... my news feed on FB is exploding with reports of other threats being made in town.  It's like 9-11 all over again, and  the mass panic.

To whomever decided to pull this shit on my hometown - fuck you.   That's all I have right now.

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Just heard the news and I'm in shock.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Ball of Fury

My family is from Boston and went to school in Cambridge... my news feed on FB is exploding with reports of other threats being made in town.  It's like 9-11 all over again, and  the mass panic.

To whomever decided to pull this shit on my hometown - fuck you.   That's all I have right now.

Oh Oski....that's terrible!  And I agree with the fuck you!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LKDave

Hi Everyone. I disappeared form posting (but not running!) after the migration last fall. But anyway, I wanted to pop in to see if everyone is OK and to let you know I am thinking of you all- I even stalked the results of some folks whose names I could figure out (e.g. there is only one Brad form WV age 50-54 entered) earlier today before the explosions.

Thank you to everyone who checked in and to those who passed along info about forumites. And prayers for the injured and killed. Safe travels to everyone else.