Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday _____ Penguins (Read 26 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Got into the Brooklyn Half! Registered right when it opened at noon today!! It is NYRR's most popular race after the NYC Marathon and NYC Half and registration will likely fill up within a few hours.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Kristin - when is the Brooklyn Half?  Good thing you had time off work today so you could register quickly.  Can you walk to the gym or did you have to drive in that mess?

PADRunner - I'm glad the elliptical is not hurting the knee.  Good luck this evening on the TM.

Scotty - I'd stay away from the cougar, at least if you run around dusk.  I've never seen one in the wild, but I heard one once, screaming in the canyon.  Stay away from masked men too.  I wish our weather was as nice.  We're only supposed to get above freezing once in the next ten days.  It's currently 10 degrees and it was only 5 when we walked Ben.  Brrr.

Bin - good job on the easy run.

HopesMom - good thing you could take the day at home.  Although our roads have been plowed, I'm pretty sure town is still a mess because of all the cars parked along the road.  I'd hate to drive there today.

Jack - enjoy your rest day.

Damaris - I hope your friend's surgery goes well and that you get to run today.  How is the congestion?

Z - are you doing the group track workout or on your own?  Have fun at the birthday parties.

SO42 - I do understand.  As much as I tell myself to slow down and take it easy so I don't get injured again, my heart keeps saying, "Just a few more miles won't hurt."

Jimmy - nice workout, both speedy and hilly.  How do your legs feel today?

AFM:  I don't know whether shoveling 4 inches of snow and walking Ben will do for cross training today or if I'll need to get on the bike for a bit.  It may depend on how cold I am.  I was warm while working and even while walking, but sitting at the computer my feet and hands are freezing!

Dad on the run.

Ginny - Legs feel fantastic! The only pain I have felt is some hamstring and shin pain but that's only when I take my dogs with me.

My dogs will do just about anything I ask, they will go out and come back in when called, they go to their crate when told, high five, play dead, shake etc. etc. But I for the life of me can not get them leash trained.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny- May 17th. The gym is only a block away luckily. I am going to drive in a bit though and go see my homecare clients. I cancelled them last night and apparently all the roads are clear so I have no excuse.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Snowing today, so 6 miles on the indoor track.  Actually got stronger the last couple of miles.

Scotty, watch out for that jogger attacking mountain lion.

No cat, only one little fish.  Doesn't communicate much.

obiebyke

Taking an URD today. My knee is sore and the windchill is -23 and I'm tired and a baby. Smile Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Kristin, congrats on getting into the race. That sounds fun. One of my best friends just moved to Queens. Maybe I'll visit her and run that some year.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - You're already signing up for more HM's?  You're a trooper.

Obiebyke - With a knee and that windchill, I'd park my butt on the couch.

Ginny - Shoveling snow is no joke.  I'd base my decision on whether I expected more snow.  I wouldn't want to be working out, look outside and see more snow coming down and know that I have to shovel that when I'm done.

jblackjr - Dogs are strange like that.  Our dog will pick up on a lot of things on the first try.  Other things....never.

Jerry - I'll be passing through tomorrow.  Please tell me that the weather won't be too bad...lol

Well, I did 5X800 and felt pretty good.  A lot to do tonight.  Catch ya'll later :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

AW, you might want to take 294 to stay away from the lake effect snow that you are so familiar with.