Beginners and Beyond

And then it was Fridailies (Read 48 times)

Hip Redux

Good news.  Now eat!  That's what happened to me that time I fainted.

I had a small pizza (all of it!) for lunch about 3 hours before I ran that last time.  I don't think it was the lack of food.  Could have been too much food. lol  And the BP theory doesn't explain the chest pain, but at least it doesn't look like I am not going to drop dead!

Pink - I played basketball when I was younger.  I'm not good....unless you need someone to dribble off their foot, then I'm your gal.   Thankfully this class was about business, not basketball lol

Howdy everyone!  I almost never try to respond to everyone, it's too overwhelming even when it's just a page.  I usually just try to find a couple people where I have something more interesting to say than just "Great run."  I'm a bean counter - so not so good on the soft skills like inspiring my fellow runners.  Clown

Like - Oski - so glad to hear you're not having heart trouble!

And Scotty - my hair is itching my ears as we speak.  It used to be very long, but this year it's gotten shorter every month.  Just sick of it.

Tonight I'm going to run the course for this Sunday's trail 5k, hopefully before it gets too dark, and then turn around and run the course for the following week's road 5k.  Both start from the same parking lot, though the second is a point to point so a total of 7-8 miles.  Should be fun.

meaghansketch

So anyway, I am taking a DNS for Detroit.  I was holding out all hope that at a minimum, I would be able to go down there Sunday morning and have a fair shot at running a decent race.  And while I am feeling as good as I have since being forced to cut short a marathon pace run on September 22, I am just not there at the moment.

Of course I am heartbroken, mostly because there is nowhere in the world I would rather be Sunday morning than in that starting corral, regardless of my goal time or race aspirations.  But at this point I would just be jeopardizing too much and perhaps setting myself up for a major injury so reluctantly, I am out.

I do plan on going to the expo tonight to soak that whole thing in and wishing all my friends well who are running it.

We talk about stretching all the time and there are tons of people who do not and are completely fine.  I am not however, one of the people who can do that, and in the end, I just did not understand how important stretching is for me and it has cost me the biggest event on my schedule.

Betcha I will never make that mistake again!

Rick, I am so sorry to hear this.  It sounds like the right decision but is absolutely heartbreaking.  You have been working so hard.  My experience with that Daniels plan is that it's very much a sink-or-swim plan; if you can do it and stay healthy it'll get you to the start line super fit and to the finish line super fast.  However, the downside of a plan like that is that it's easy to end up on the wrong side of the line between 'just enough' and 'too much' and end up injured or overtrained.  I hope you can feel better soon and get back to the level you want to be running at.

LRB

My experience with that Daniels plan is that it's very much a sink-or-swim plan;

Speaking of swim, Imma drown my sorrows in a pool full of wine, and get higher than the Goodyear blimp!  Cool

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hugs to LRB Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.2 early morning limbless for me.  Happy Friday evening everyone!

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Pink - I played basketball when I was younger.  I'm not good....unless you need someone to dribble off their foot, then I'm your gal.   Thankfully this class was about business, not basketball lol

Don't feel bad, Oski - I was the "big dummy" that stood under the basket, got the rebound, and then passed it to someone that could shoot. I couldn't dribble either. At least not very well. I would play the whole game most of the time, and only score 6 or 8 points.

Got 4 easy miles in this afternoon. Easy pace, minimal pain. I also got my 3-ball back massager thing which I have started using on my calves this evening.

Got a new roof on the house too, but I unfortunately have to pay the roofer. They did an EXCELLENT job though. Really impressive looking roof, and the cleanup was outstanding.

Looking for an SRD tomorrow as I let the body heal for Sunday's race. My timing on Sunday depends entirely on how I feel when I get to the start line. I'll either push for a slight PR (break 1:57) or I'll take it easy and shoot for around 2:15. It all depends on how the body feels at race time.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hi dailies:

Oski - good to hear that things look normal

Basya - feel better

Rick - Sorry to hear, you must be disappointed.  Glad you're playing it safe though.

D - not allowed to talk about it?  Are you allowed to think about it, or would that be a doubleplusungood thought crime?  Oy vey.

Pink - hoping for promising results for you

Lilac - good luck!

c0de - good luck also, get some!

10.4 easy under the glow of the full moon.  Streetlights?  We don't need no stinking streetlights!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi dailies:

Oski - good to hear that things look normal

Basya - feel better

Rick - Sorry to hear, you must be disappointed.  Glad you're playing it safe though.

D - not allowed to talk about it?  Are you allowed to think about it, or would that be a doubleplusungood thought crime?  Oy vey.

Pink - hoping for promising results for you

Lilac - good luck!

c0de - good luck also, get some!

10.4 easy under the glow of the full moon.  Streetlights?  We don't need no stinking streetlights!

Hehe.

Damaris