Beginners and Beyond

A Response From RW (Read 926 times)

runfoolery

If you just click on the forums link in the upper left, you get a screen with all the main forums, and then scroll down a little and there's a list of all the forums for the user groups you have signed up for. BF will be on that list. Makes it easy to get to.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

What a canned bunch of bullshit.

I like it here. 

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

If you just click on the forums link in the upper left, you get a screen with all the main forums, and then scroll down a little and there's a list of all the forums for the user groups you have signed up for. BF will be on that list. Makes it easy to get to.

True, though a bookmark works just as well.  It's just that our exposure is to ourselves only.  It's certainly nice enough, no doubt about it but how will we, as a group, grow?

This place has forums *and* user groups.  Folks will usually draw to a forum.  User groups are secondary.  And there are plenty of user groups here so unless somebody happened upon our group on accident, we'll effectively be the same amount of people indefinitely.  No prob, I like all of us but newbies help grow the family.

Just thinking outloud.

Randy

Sharz96

I'm here for good, too.  Like others, I only have time for one running forum.  If RWOL hadn't decided to eliminate the "classic" log, I might be more inclined to go back to their forum if/when they ever get it stablized.  But the combination of losing that log, the "upgrade" that was a downgrade, and the worst spam war ever was just "enough".  I transferrred my last five years of running history here painlessly, and I'm here for good. 

LRB

This place has forums *and* user groups.  Folks will usually draw to a forum.  User groups are secondary.  And there are plenty of user groups here so unless somebody happened upon our group on accident, we'll effectively be the same amount of people indefinitely.  No prob, I like all of us but newbies help grow the family.

We are getting our share of looks.  Right now they are cursory looks but when the dust settle,s this group will do just fine in attracting members.

Docket_Rocket

I hate to point the obvious but when some of you make it seem you are only here temporarily some people may treat you with disdain. RA is not the second hand store. It has some really cool stuff. We can learn from them, they can learn from us. I like it here. I joined as I intend to stay around. Not just a temp solution. I want learn new stuff and meet new people. The world didn't end. Life moves on. Change is hard but often necessary.

Me too.  I did say I would continue posting in RWOL and I will.  But I love RA and would like to meet new people too.  So I will continue supporting RA.  It has carried my log for a while now and it looks like a much better place to hang out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just looked at the date of my first uploaded run in RA: 09/23/2009.  I just used it as a running log and never used the forums.  Guess that will change now.

toyger

I like it here. Change is good.

Jen

xor

We are getting our share of looks.  Right now they are cursory looks but when the dust settle,s this group will do just fine in attracting members.

It will.  And it will attract them from the forum.

(not directed at LRB at all...) Look folks, you simply aren't all Beginners.  You are a nice group of folks who bonded in the BF area.  Here on RA, Running 101 is supposed to be about beginning running questions.  Period.  (supposed to be).  The user group area is a really cool idea honestly... and as people arrive in Running 101, either from RWOL and/or newbies-at-large, warmly invite them in as you see fit.

Shit, invite non-beginner new arrivals too if'n you want.  I started posting in the BF long after I was a "beginner".  Although I annoy some of you, I hope that was ok.

But please set aside the feeling of this as a "prison yard".  And you were not relegated.  The user group area gives you your own party room where you can do whatever the hell you want.  You are in control.  This is a good thing, not a bad thing.  Smile.  Grab a brew.  Don't cost nothin.  So you aren't King Shit at the top of the message board anymore.  Guess what.  THATS WHY YOU GOT THE MOST SPAM.

Gonna be alright!

curmudgeon at large

Gonna be alright!

+1

Mmmmm...beer

I don't see this as a prison yard at all, I like that we have our own area to do whatever the hell we want, and that there's still areas for serious running discussions, I think it's perfect. 

In fact, I think it's much better than the RWOL setup, because a lot of times people would ask serious questions in the BF and they would get lost amongst the chat threads. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runfoolery

Well, we still have some of that here. Can you believe some of us actually ask questions about running? Weirdos.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

and now those questions can be answered by a broader group of people who may not have the same experiences. That is a GOOD thing!! I like having a separate spot for the BS.

I don't see this as a prison yard at all, I like that we have our own area to do whatever the hell we want, and that there's still areas for serious running discussions, I think it's perfect. 

In fact, I think it's much better than the RWOL setup, because a lot of times people would ask serious questions in the BF and they would get lost amongst the chat threads. 

+1000

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRL, are you feeling like an automated message machine yet?

Running is dumb.