Beginners and Beyond

Ruby ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

delicate flower

I ran.

80 minute tempo.  15 minutes easy, 6 x 5 minutes at tempo, 20 minutes easy.  7:35 avg pace.  This was work today but I got it done.  I probably should have gone a little easier yesterday.

<3

LRB

6 almost MP miles.  Just a test to see if I'm anywhere in the neighborhood of what I think my MP should be when I start marathon training next week since I haven't run a proper race in forever.

And?

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.6 with 3 hill sprints.

Typical Maryland snow event yesterday--by tonight's run, hardly any evidence of the snow existed.

B-Plus

I ran.

80 minute tempo.  15 minutes easy, 6 x 5 minutes at tempo, 20 minutes easy.  7:35 avg pace.  This was work today but I got it done.  I probably should have gone a little easier yesterday.

#gettingworkdone

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 4 more with hubby after Pilates.

Damaris

Quebec is sort of like New York. There's New York State and New York City.

Lots of people in Mississippi said something about the City when talking to me.  "I was in Brooklyn last year and blah blah blah."  I was overjoyed that one guy, an attorney, knew where the hell Buffalo was and had been to Niagara Falls.  It got so bad that I sort of abruptly ended one conversation with "No, not NYC. Buffalo.  It's 400 miles away from the City."   (This bullshit is why I do not say anything about "New York" when asked where I'm from. )

As for dreams, I had an incredibly weird one a few days ago.  Si and I were walking on a snowy trail, hunting birds and trying to be quiet because there were dogs (coyotes?) nearby that hadn't noticed us.  The weird part is that I was a cat and we could read each other's thoughts.  Not sure I've ever had a dream where I wasn't myself before, much less a cat.  Maybe it was Si's dream being projected?  Really sort of unsettling.

Anyway.  10 with 2 sets of 5x(2min 5K pace, 2min easy).

workinprogress11

And?

It went well. I don't think it's unreasonable to shoot for a VERY small 1 or 2 minute PR.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The massage went really good, though she found lots of knots in my upper back and quite a bit in my calves. She said she could spend an hour on my calves alone, but from now on she wants to start each session with my legs rather than my back. I'll be going back in 3 weeks.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

The massage went really good, though she found lots of knots in my upper back and quite a bit in my calves. She said she could spend an hour on my calves alone, but from now on she wants to start each session with my legs rather than my back. I'll be going back in 3 weeks.

My guy always manages to find things that I didn't even know were sore.  Deep tissue is great, if you have the right therapist.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My guy always manages to find things that I didn't even know were sore.  Deep tissue is great, if you have the right therapist.

She is great 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

It went well. I don't think it's unreasonable to shoot for a VERY small 1 or 2 minute PR.

Excellent!  Keep an open mind though and just train, you may just surprise yourself when it's time to select a race pace.