Beginners and Beyond

Thanks for the run Wisconsin.... (Read 76 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So sitting here in central WI enjoying the weather, having left behind triple digits in California.

I wasn't sure I was even going to run this week at all as it's truly supposed to be vacation but I've already been on 2 runs and I just love the route I ran today.  For anyone who knows the area at all.....

Basically from Schofield, thru Weston, winding a safe way down to Phillips Camp trail (nice asphalt trail) and back.  About a 7 mile run and it probably felt about as tough as a 5 miler at home.  Great run.  Great trail you guys have there.  Your Mosquitos look more like birds but so long as I dodged those, the run was awesome!

Now about those Green Bay Packers!!  Cool

Randy

LRB

lmao!

There's nothing worse because by the time you kill the little bastards, they've already stuck it to your ass!

adkkev

. Your Mosquitos look more like birds but so long as I dodged those, the run was awesome!

You obviously have not been to the Alaskan interior.  The mosquitoes there resemble pterodactyls.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mosquitoes.  Ugh.

Damaris

Dr. Cornsitter

I'd rather slap away mosquitoes than eat gnats while running.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You should go run up some hills at Rib Mountain.

Yesterday was probably the prettiest day we've had in a while.  Enjoy your time here!

Running is dumb.

happylily

LOL... I like the state bird. Big grin On you, not on me. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Where in CA were you?

cmb4314

You obviously have not been to the Alaskan interior.  The mosquitoes there resemble pterodactyls.

Seriously.

I went on vacation to Alaska as a kid, and the tour group took us out to see the tundra.  I have never seen mosquitoes a) that large and b) in that kind of quantity.  We were sitting in the tour bus, and the outside of it was just being swarmed with massive clouds of giant mosquitoes since they could smell the 25 or so people inside.  They weren't quite that dense when we were in a more populated area, but man were they huge everywhere.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

cmb4314

I'd rather slap away mosquitoes than eat gnats while running.

Come to Minnesota.  Then you can run near lakes, and swat mosquitoes while dodging gnat clouds Joking

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yes, this. I grew up in Fairbanks. Things are freaking huge.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

You should go run up some hills at Rib Mountain.

Yesterday was probably the prettiest day we've had in a while.  Enjoy your time here!

Indeed I hiked Rib Mountain before the run yesterday.  Climbed the tower too.  Smile  That is a beautiful lump in the middle of the flat lands.  Wink

I would have hiked one of the slopes from the other side but had family & small kids so had to wait to be a big kid a little later.  If I get a chance, I might do it as another run out here.

And Jack........I'm out in Chino a little southeast of you.  I know you know EXACTLY how hot I was talking about!  'Twas about 73 degrees today at........

Randy