Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - Let the thaw begin (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My migraine went from bad to worse but now it's back into the OK/bad area.  Hoping lunch will help me not feel like my head is going to explode.

Damaris

LRB

It is all about perspective though; this morning's 8 degree temps were practically balmy.

It is about perspective.  It is 10 degrees here right now, and people are dancing in the streets because it seems so "warm"!

Feel better D!

Hi proud mama!

Zel, I have been anixously awaiting the 3rd edition of Daniels as well, but maybe I will go the route you did.  What is the cost of it on HK?  it was $15.84 for a time on Amazon, but last I checked was up to $19.xx.  Not that it matters if they keep pushing the stupid date back!

What up doe everyone else!

As for me, I got in 6.5 and figured out where this new pain is coming from on my foot in the process.  I initially thought it was the Super J 33's I have been wearing but realized (while running, I love it when that happens!) that I have been wearing my snow boots for four consecutive days.

I wear a size 11 but these particular boots are a 10, which I can sometimes get away with but wearing them for so much time apparently started affecting me.

I wore my DST's to run in today just as a precaution and also wore a different boot so I should be good to go once my foot realizes it can move freely again.

I am just so glad it was nothing else, phew!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If Miami ever hits 10F, the sky would fall.  Or people would freak.

I was the only one last night wearing a simple tech shirt (from the LA Marathon), short sleeve, and shorts.  Everyone at the park had hats and long sleeves. It was 52F and 30mph winds.  Da fuck?

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

10 miles on a treadmill, don't know how you can stand it, Step!  Hope your workout went well.

Gee, Zelanie, no run until 8 pm, it must've been dark as all get-out by then, especially with it raining.  Stay safe out there!

So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Andrew.

10 degrees in Miami would probably have to be declared a disaster, Damaris, folks there probably don't have the appropriate clothing for that type of weather.  National Guard, FEMA, etc, would have to airdrop and truck in winter clothes, blankets, etc,  for everyone!

How do you zone out in a pool, Kristin?  Wouldn't that contribute to potentially drowning? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Yugo8

Heading to the Y in a bit for speedwork on the TM. At least 10 miles with a ladder/pyramid interval workout. Martial arts tonight; my instructor wants me to test for the next belt level on Friday. Yikes!

Good luck!

12 fast-ish, progressive miles.  Got my hands on some contacts samples to tide me over until my order arrives.  I wish I had had time to run longer today.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lol scotty I guess it was the opposite of zoning out...I was so zoned into my technique and breathing (trying really hard to "breathe into the pocket" and do alternate side breaths) that I forgot to keep track of laps. I realized I had stopped counting and just said screw it instead of trying to figure out what I'd done.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning dailies. Hello SIAR!

Lily, congrats to your DS on his birthday.

Last night was my DD's first swim lessons of this little season. We do parent/child since she's still very young. She looks a little older than she is, so I think her instructor thought that she could do more. She's only 19 months old so she doesn't get the counting down and jump in the pool. I just try to count down and let her see me and then slip her in to the pool. She looks around the whole time like "There are kids everywhere!" except without the talking because she can't say too much yet.

I did find out some sad news after I got home. I found out that my Grandmother passed away unexpectedly. She's the wife of my Grandpa who passed away in November. It's strange how couples like that who live forever pass away within months of each other. I think the unexpectedness has stung my mom. I think death puts life in to perspective, and can help you build better relationships.

On the running side, I did my first Daniel's Plan A Interval workout. I did 10 min Easy, then 4 x (4 min I + 3 min recovery), then 10 more min Easy. It was a good run.

Sorry about your grandmother.

Damaris

Yugo8

Morning dailies. Hello SIAR!

Lily, congrats to your DS on his birthday.

Last night was my DD's first swim lessons of this little season. We do parent/child since she's still very young. She looks a little older than she is, so I think her instructor thought that she could do more. She's only 19 months old so she doesn't get the counting down and jump in the pool. I just try to count down and let her see me and then slip her in to the pool. She looks around the whole time like "There are kids everywhere!" except without the talking because she can't say too much yet.

I did find out some sad news after I got home. I found out that my Grandmother passed away unexpectedly. She's the wife of my Grandpa who passed away in November. It's strange how couples like that who live forever pass away within months of each other. I think the unexpectedness has stung my mom. I think death puts life in to perspective, and can help you build better relationships.

On the running side, I did my first Daniel's Plan A Interval workout. I did 10 min Easy, then 4 x (4 min I + 3 min recovery), then 10 more min Easy. It was a good run.

I am sorry about your grandmother, to both you and your Mom.

B-Plus

Wow, SIAR was missing as well? Welcome back?

Scotty - How many races did you run last year?

I'm not feeling great, but I think I'll get out for at least a mile so I can say I went for a run.

StepbyStep-SH

Andrew - My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

I'm saying it was 10 miles in 90 minutes, but I'm not positive because the first TM I was on was screwed up. It told me I'd been running for an hour when I hadn't even been in the building that long.

What I know I did was this:
                      Pyramid intervals:
                      5:00 @7.0 (8:35, GMP)
                      5:00@7.5 (8:00, HMP)
                      5:00@7.8 (7:42, 10kP+:05)
                      3:00@8.0 (7:30, 5kP+:05)
                      2:00@8.2 (7:19)
                      1:00@8.5 (7:00, 3kP)
                      2:00@8.2
                      3:00@8.0
                      3:00@7.5
                      7:00@7.0
                      Equal time recoveries at 5.8-6.1 (10:20-9:50)

I was wiped out at the end. Even the last half-mile of my cooldown was a struggle.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

DR, Yugo, Shari (and whoever I missed) - Thanks for the thoughts. I wasn't very close to my G-ma so I'm taking the news better than others. I'm just one in an army of grandchildren that she had. She was the type of lady who was sharp all the way until her last days, which is the reason for the shock. It's not like she had dementia or anything.

- Andrew

LRB

I was wiped out at the end. Even the last half-mile of my cooldown was a struggle.

Excellent!  And take it easy at your test Friday, we cannot have you being thrown around for some stupid belt what with all the running you have planned. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, SIAR was missing as well? Welcome back?

Scotty - How many races did you run last year?

I'm not feeling great, but I think I'll get out for at least a mile so I can say I went for a run.

75 races for 2013

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I'm impressing myself taking more days off.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wow, that is impressive Scott - awesome job!

75 races for 2013

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)