Beginners and Beyond

Somnalent SaturDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Jay!

Damaris

LRB

... but the year is just getting under way.

Yep, that is how I am looking at it as well.  Nice job all the same!

Just B.S.

Darn it!!  Just got an email from our travel agent.

Looks like Octoberfest starts on Sept 20th this year. We are in Munich from the 19-23. Had been

hoping to get out of the city before Octoberfest started, however as our trip is planned around a

marathon and not the festival those are the dates that fit into our travel plans.

Neither hubby or I are fond of large crowds and I detest beer but I'm sure there will be good points

to being there during that time (although hotel rates don't seem to be one of them Smile )

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Darn it!!  Just got an email from our travel agent.

Looks like Octoberfest starts on Sept 20th this year. We are in Munich from the 19-23. Had been

hoping to get out of the city before Octoberfest started, however as our trip is planned around a

marathon and not the festival those are the dates that fit into our travel plans.

Neither hubby or I are fond of large crowds and I detest beer but I'm sure there will be good points

to being there during that time (although hotel rates don't seem to be one of them Smile )

I was there during Oktoberfest (for the Berlin marathon) and there were not as many people as you would think.  Now in Munich there were thousands, but Berlin was pretty normal while I was there during the celebration.

Damaris

Just B.S.

I was there during Oktoberfest (for the Berlin marathon) and there were not as many people as you would think.  Now in Munich there were thousands, but Berlin was pretty normal while I was there during the celebration.

We are going to be in Munich after Austria and apparently it is a huge spot for the festival. Not going near Berlin.

Was hoping to avoid the crowds of Octoberfest. But I am sure there will be some benefits. We have several

day trips outside the city planned and will work around it.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats on the AG win, Jay!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are going to be in Munich after Austria and apparently it is a huge spot for the festival. Not going near Berlin.

Was hoping to avoid the crowds of Octoberfest. But I am sure there will be some benefits. We have several

day trips outside the city planned and will work around it.

Oops, for some reason I saw Berlin when it said Munich.  There were a lot of people in Munich that week but it was manageable.  I'm sure you guys will find a way.  It's a great city.

Damaris

happylily

Great running. Jay! Bravo!

Beth, Oktoberfest in September? I guess I've always misunderstood the German word Oktober as meaning either Octobre in French, or October in English... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Haha, did I say something about interval pace earlier? Never even came close. 25:35 and the best that I can say is that I ran even splits and took 2nd in my AG and 10th OA.

StepbyStep-SH

Haha, did I say something about interval pace earlier? Never even came close. 25:35 and the best that I can say is that I ran even splits and took 2nd in my AG and 10th OA.

Those are very good things to say! Well done!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great running. Jay! Bravo!

Beth, Oktoberfest in September? I guess I've always misunderstood the German word Oktober as meaning either Octobre in French, or October in English... 

The actual celebration is in October but it lasts a whole month.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Great racing today for the Dailies folks!

LRB -- Really speedy splits and impressive last mile.

Jay -- Congrats on another the AG win.

Zelanie -- Congrats on a PR and taking 2nd in your AG.  I'm predicting that you'll go sub 25 on the next one.

Just 4.5 recovery miles for me today.  I forgot to mention earlier, but official results came up for my 10K last weekend -- 2nd out of 20 in my AG   -- which is the first time of cracked the top 3 in my AG in a race (at least, where there were more than 3 people in my AG, lol).

Life is good.

LRB

Congrats on the A/G placings Zel and Blue!

happylily

Woohoo! What a great day for races! Bravo on the AG awards, Zelanie and outoftheblue!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job everyone who raced today Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)