Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES wil be back in 5 minutes... (Read 46 times)

You Rang?

Zelanie, have a great eight-miler.

I'm annoyed. I applied for entry to the B.A.A. Half this morning, as soon as registration opened. Apparently, by the time I finished, 10:04 a.m., the 3,000 first-come-first-served slots had been filled. (Registration opened at 10:00 a.m..) So, I'm part of the lottery for the remaining slots. Yet, my card has already been charged the $75.00 fee. I e-mailed the B.A.A., asking if I'll receive a refund , if my name isn't drawn.

Generally speaking, when they take the money, you've got a bib.  Best of luck in the lottery.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

First one to 3,000 wins!

Should we make out bets now?

Damaris

You Rang?

Lurch

Mixed emotions here...  I envy your locations and then I don't  but hills are good (keep telling myself)

There can be too much of a good thing.  Tomorrow morning, I'm driving down the hill (about 3 miles) and running on the relatively flat patch of road.  It comes with the added bonus of a 3' shoulder and snow poles to weave.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

LRB

I am not tired of running, actually, I would love to go out there and I feel great and ready for it.  But it's been a long Summer and I am tired of sweating and being nauseous and dizzy and wheezy all the time.  And I'm also tired of running on a TM that bores me to death.  Makes more sense?  This Summer has been too fucking long.

At least cycling in 95-100F does not feel as bad as running in that shit.

I meant mentally...and your post pretty much agrees with me. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, doh.  I am not tired of training.  Only tired of this fucking weather.  Ha.

Damaris

B-Plus

I am planning to take a week long break before this year is up. I swear, it will only be a week this time!

Baboon

delicate flower

It's a dogfight!

Baboon 1401.4 mi
                DaveP MI 1401.1 mi

Needs updating!  I ran 7 after work today.  Get healthy and kick my ass, Dave.

<3

LRB

Well, doh.  I am not tired of training.  Only tired of this fucking weather.  Ha.

I did not say you were tired of training, I said mentally you (not you specifically but runners in general)  get tired of "this shit", meaning everything surrounding it.

You basically said the same thing, is it killing you to agree with me.  lol

LRB

I am planning to take a week long break before this year is up. I swear, it will only be a week this time!

You know how to take a break that's for sure!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did not say you were tired of training, I said mentally you (not you specifically but runners in general)  get tired of "this shit", meaning everything surrounding it.

You basically said the same thing, is it killing you to agree with me.  lol

I said I agreed, pffftttt. 

Damaris

LRB

I said I agreed, pffftttt. 

Oops.  i ran out of wine and must have missed that line while bitchin' up a storm in this joint.  lol

happylily

1695.7 miles here. I don't care if I finish the year under 2,000, or over 3,000 miles, I just want that one good race in the fall!

Congratulations, Damaris!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

1695.7 miles here. I don't care if I finish the year under 2,000, or over 3,000 miles, I just want that one good race in the fall!

Congratulations, Damaris!

Somebody earlier said your log has to be public for it to count. 

You are in a different league anyway....

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Somebody earlier said your log has to be public for it to count. 

You are in a different league anyway....

Word.  Although I think she said she keeps only a written journal rather than the one here.

Damaris

LRB

1695.7 miles here.

The thing for me about running 6 days again is that I can be at race weight in the wink of an eye.